Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Scolded by FA for using the call button.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scolded by FA for using the call button.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Unhappy Scolded by FA for using the call button.

Last week I flew ATL to BOS with a 7:30PM take off. After takeoff the crew came around with drinks and I ordered my usual, Jack and coke. I was sitting in the first row of Comfort+ so I was served first. About 30 minutes later I rang the call bell to get another drink. An FA showed up about 5 minutes later and said "No. We are still service the back of the plane. I'll bring you one after we finish in back." then added loudly, "AND DON'T TOUCH THAT BUTTON AGAIN" I never saw her again and never got my second drink. Was I in the wrong? has anything like this ever happened to you guys? I fly weekly on Delta and have never been treated with anything other than respect until now.
rt23456p and Ghoulish like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SH115
Last week I flew ATL to BOS with a 7:30PM take off. After takeoff the crew came around with drinks and I ordered my usual, Jack and coke. I was sitting in the first row of Comfort+ so I was served first. About 30 minutes later I rang the call bell to get another drink. An FA showed up about 5 minutes later and said "No. We are still service the back of the plane. I'll bring you one after we finish in back." then added loudly, "AND DON'T TOUCH THAT BUTTON AGAIN" I never saw her again and never got my second drink. Was I in the wrong? has anything like this ever happened to you guys? I fly weekly on Delta and have never been treated with anything other than respect until now.
File a complaint.
Spiff, Podcat, LarryJ and 31 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Personally, I wouldn't use the call button unless it was important. However, if she spoke to you loudly AND IN ALL CAPS then that's definitely inappropriate.
Markie, Sealink, cscasi and 7 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: none
Sounds a bit entitled to me to be expecting a refill before they are even done with the first service.

But after they’re done, call away. I’d love to see them “scolding” you (or worse) for not following the directions of a crew member.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL DM
The airline pilot in me can see how the FA would be annoyed (most hate serving, especially alcohol, and honestly have gotten quite lazy, even for premium passengers).

However The premium traveler in me feels you didn’t do anything wrong. Perhaps a quick glance to the rear of the plane to see if the carts were out and to wait for them to finish, but regardless the FA should not have reacted like that, and especially shouldn’t have told you not to use the button.

I would file a complaint.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM
I've had a few unpleasant interactions with GAs and FAs in the past. Out of those handful, maybe one was worth filing a complaint. But I let it slide. In your case, I'd file a complaint. Why the hell are the call buttons there if they aren't to be touched? It's not like you pulled a fire alarm.
Spiff, moondog, Randeman and 16 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
While I personally wouldn't have hit the call button during the initial cabin service I would 100% file a complaint if a FA speaks to me like I'm a 5 year old. The attitudes of many of these FA's need to be checked.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:37 pm

I would have been sending Delta a email right then and there.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Laziness is a disease. That tone and shouting at the customer is unacceptable. At the very least this flight attendant needs to be written up and at the very most, terminated. Make sure you file a complaint. I hope you got his name.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by enviroian
Laziness is a disease. That tone and shouting at the customer is unacceptable. At the very least this flight attendant needs to be written up and at the very most, terminated. Make sure you file a complaint. I hope you got his name.
The flight attendant was female, not male.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Perhaps instead of using the flight attendant call button in every row, Delta Airlines now wants passengers sitting in Delta Comfort+® to write a message ordering a Jack Daniels and Coke to the flight attendant and use the assistance of the passengers behind the person requesting a beverage. Here is an example of my plan to receive stellar customer service on the DL1221 five-hour flight from DTW to LAX if I want a beverage without using the call button while seated in 15C. First, the passenger in 15C writes a drink order request on a napkin. Then, they turn around to ask the passenger in 16C to pass this message addressed to the flight attendant to seats 17C, 18C, and so on until the message reaches the beverage cart sitting in row 45, near the rear coach lavatories. Hopefully, Sara Nelson, the international president of the Association of Flight Attendants, will approve this plan. Thanks to its people's dedication, passion, and professionalism, it's good to know Delta Airlines gets you there with care and always keeps climbing.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
View From The Wing / Boarding Area has published a blog post on this incident. OP should definitely fire off an email now that this service failure has a bright light shined on it.

https://viewfromthewing.com/delta-pa...m=BoardingArea
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by Allan38103
Sounds a bit entitled to me to be expecting a refill before they are even done with the first service.

But after they’re done, call away. I’d love to see them “scolding” you (or worse) for not following the directions of a crew member.
how was the OP to have known if they hadn’t finished service … esp. since he was among the first to be served.
maybe the aisle was blocked or he/she did not look back.
Delta FAs have gone from best in class to most Indifferent / surly in class !
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Inquiring minds what to know if it is permissible for passengers to use the flight attendant call button to request an application for the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card, the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card, or the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card.
Spiff, jakeller, david55 and 39 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
The airline pilot in me can see how the FA would be annoyed (most hate serving, especially alcohol, and honestly have gotten quite lazy.
if most hate serving, perhaps they’ve selected the wrong profession, and those with that mindset should quit immediately !

Last edited by unitedbusiness; Sep 25, 2022 at 3:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.