Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDBs are back! (JUNE 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:44 pm

Newbie to these forums and certainly first class.
and I’m jus saying that “turning left” at boarding I want my PDB!
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keith2004
Delta used to offer the service pre-pandemic; the food and other aspects of first that differentiate it from other classes of service may also be considered cheap to you, but it is a part of the product.

Pondering when Delta will return service on a forum that has a whole thread devoted to PDB is whining?
Customers always have a choice of other airlines that offer things Delta does not, but OP is simply asking when Delta will bring back a service competition already has. Delta brought back PDB on D1 already.
When did that happen? I didn't get any PDB in D1 on JFK - SFO or SFO - JFK a couple of weeks ago. Or is this only for international D1?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:19 pm

Did y'all solve this yet?
OHDL1 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
When did that happen? I didn't get any PDB in D1 on JFK - SFO or SFO - JFK a couple of weeks ago. Or is this only for international D1?
There are at least some recent reports of getting it -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34079390-post406.html
Although it may be sparkling wine only.
kthomas likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
Ha. I gave up on DL a couple of years ago, so I'm only on AA right now....

As a data point, out of 10 segments since "PDBs are back!", I've had zero on AA. Nada. Lots of segments out of hubs.

All the best, James
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hotshot265
Yes...I totally agree. I flew flew my first two Delta segments last night this calendar year. I have moved most all of my travel to AA which has been 13 segments and almost 20,000 BIS miles. I only booked DL because it was the really only thing that fit my schedule to travel last night and paid $1695 (that was the main cabin fare and used an RUC to upgrade to a $2,200 FC seat) for a one-way GRB to PHX due to spring break travel. I actually had better service on the Endeavor regional flight to MSP than the mainline flight to PHX. I was seated in C+ on a RJ and had a beer, the FA asked if I wanted another when she got back to the front of the plane. On the mainline flight there was no PDB of course, but they were handing out sanitizing wipes. Asked to have my jacket hung up...was told there were no hangers on the plane. There was one pass of a decent snack basket and one round of drinks (in plastic cup) in first on an almost 3-hour flight. It was outside of meal time so no meal, I did ring my call button for a second glass of wine, which I received. But the FA made no attempt to check on any other passengers. This is not whining...it is an expectation that if you are paying $800-$2,000 OW for first class these days...you should get some better level of service.

While AA is not necessarily the cream of the crop...they certainly have a better FC experience for those customer who pay for F.
Your experience is an anomaly. I did over 50 domestic first class flights on Delta last year and am on 14 this year, there have been a few flights out of those where the flight attendant did only one drink round and all of my flights were no more than 2.5 hours. On a 321 now and FA is now making her second pass of snack basket, already gotten a second drink and we're less than 40 minutes into a ~2 hr flight.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
They do need to bring back PDB - and a general level of service where they actually care about customers and stop the Covid excuses. There is no reason why they can't do this for us at this point.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
For me, other than the wider seat, PDBs were the best part of FC. I'd have a drink and then sleep the rest of the flight.

Also, the service I received on regional jets today in F (SLC-LGA-CLE) was better than the service I've received on Delta mainline jets since the pandemic began.

I'm too old to switch airlines now. I hope Delta improves its service.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Cory6188
I've been in F on a few segments recently where the F/A offered to take coats. Is that not the formal policy now in F on DL?
couple months ago ord-msp in F the fa offered to take someones jacket. But no pdb.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
You already have a choice of PDB as long as it’s water.
PTahCha, cmd320 and Minnyappleus like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Duke787
I was referencing international D1, I got it as far back as ATL-ATH in Early October 2021.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by atldiamond
Your experience is an anomaly. I did over 50 domestic first class flights on Delta last year and am on 14 this year, there have been a few flights out of those where the flight attendant did only one drink round and all of my flights were no more than 2.5 hours. On a 321 now and FA is now making her second pass of snack basket, already gotten a second drink and we're less than 40 minutes into a ~2 hr flight.
It may be your experience that is the anomaly. I was about 40 segments last year and 10 this year. I have yet to see a second pass of the snack basket on any duration of flight and frequently it has not been catered. The quality of service on mainline flights has been extremely inconsistent. Had a few amazing crews, but mostly crews that chat in the galley. Regional jet crews are much improved and consistently good. I have been wondering if some of the CP FAs now work for OO given the improvements and consistency in OO service.
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:53 am

Generally speaking I think crews are going to need some significant re-training. They've had 2 years of decreased in cabin duties but as things get back to normal they need to get out from behind the curtain and get back to doing their job.
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
While I agree Delta needs to bring this back, AA is less than 50% delivering on pre-departure drinks for me, and that’s with having to ask if they are doing them.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Duplicate post…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.