FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PDBs are back! (JUNE 2022)
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:14 pm
atldiamond

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hotshot265
Yes...I totally agree. I flew flew my first two Delta segments last night this calendar year. I have moved most all of my travel to AA which has been 13 segments and almost 20,000 BIS miles. I only booked DL because it was the really only thing that fit my schedule to travel last night and paid $1695 (that was the main cabin fare and used an RUC to upgrade to a $2,200 FC seat) for a one-way GRB to PHX due to spring break travel. I actually had better service on the Endeavor regional flight to MSP than the mainline flight to PHX. I was seated in C+ on a RJ and had a beer, the FA asked if I wanted another when she got back to the front of the plane. On the mainline flight there was no PDB of course, but they were handing out sanitizing wipes. Asked to have my jacket hung up...was told there were no hangers on the plane. There was one pass of a decent snack basket and one round of drinks (in plastic cup) in first on an almost 3-hour flight. It was outside of meal time so no meal, I did ring my call button for a second glass of wine, which I received. But the FA made no attempt to check on any other passengers. This is not whining...it is an expectation that if you are paying $800-$2,000 OW for first class these days...you should get some better level of service.

While AA is not necessarily the cream of the crop...they certainly have a better FC experience for those customer who pay for F.
Your experience is an anomaly. I did over 50 domestic first class flights on Delta last year and am on 14 this year, there have been a few flights out of those where the flight attendant did only one drink round and all of my flights were no more than 2.5 hours. On a 321 now and FA is now making her second pass of snack basket, already gotten a second drink and we're less than 40 minutes into a ~2 hr flight.