Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
At ATL this morning, the first thing the skyclub dragon said was "Hi Are you a Diamond, 360 or flying Delta One?". Shook my head no, told me to wait even though there was no line!
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
At ATL this morning, the first thing the skyclub dragon said was "Hi Are you a Diamond"
My response would have to be: “No, I’m a human being. Whatever possessed you to ask if I might be a mineral?”
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: DL DM
At ATL this morning, the first thing the skyclub dragon said was "Hi Are you a Diamond, 360 or flying Delta One?". Shook my head no, told me to wait even though there was no line!
Originally Posted by kale73
My response would have to be: “No, I’m a human being. Whatever possessed you to ask if I might be a mineral?”
How about "Not quite there yet but working on it. Currently I'm just a Diamond in the rough."

Last edited by cre95; Jun 9, 2022 at 1:24 pm
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
Incredible. Did they make you wait outside in the empty line?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
More relevantly, was the club full? If the club was full then _somebody_ has to be the first person in line before there is a line...

If the club was empty, then this was crap.
jamesteroh and krazykanuck like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
I’m not a Diamond but do have the Amex Reserve card. So, if I’m connecting at ATL on a paid first class ticket, as Delta One isn’t available on most domestic flights, does this mean I have to stand in line? If that is the case, the Amex Reserve card is no longer worth the money as there are too many Diamond members at ATL. No us in spending $ on the Amex Reserve if you can use the benefits. The SkyClubs should be, first-come-first served, regardless of the status or class of service!
Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Goodbye, cruel credit card!
Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Yes, you would have to stand in line. It annoys me too...I have a number of first class flights booked - but they are not Delta 1. So even with 1st + club membership, I would have to wait if the club is full.

Originally Posted by CLTRob
I’m not a Diamond but do have the Amex Reserve card. So, if I’m connecting at ATL on a paid first class ticket, as Delta One isn’t available on most domestic flights, does this mean I have to stand in line? If that is the case, the Amex Reserve card is no longer worth the money as there are too many Diamond members at ATL. No us in spending $ on the Amex Reserve if you can use the benefits. The SkyClubs should be, first-come-first served, regardless of the status or class of service!
Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Yes, you would have to stand in line. It annoys me too...I have a number of first class flights booked - but they are not Delta 1. So even with 1st + club membership, I would have to wait if the club is full.
My Delta Reserve card comes up for renewal in July 2022. No need to renew if the benefits aren’t there. Maybe they should change the name to Delta Diamond Air Lines and the Delta Diamond SkyClub as it appears that only Diamond members are welcomed. Works for me as there are other airlines who would love to have their, Delta’s, business!
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Even though I grew up in Atlanta, it seems like the best way to have a great experience on Delta is to simply avoid the airport as much as possible. I think I have intentionally connected in Atlanta once over the past five years or so.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No such signs at MSP F/G today.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
At LGA right now. The new largest sky club has a twenty person line backed up to security to get in. So much for that solving the problem.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ascii
At LGA right now. The new largest sky club has a twenty person line backed up to security to get in. So much for that solving the problem.
The line to speak to an agent is 16 deep.
Adelphos likes this.

Last edited by Ascii; Jun 12, 2022 at 11:12 am
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Ascii
It is actually at capacity inside the club?

Kind of surprising on a Sunday - that said, Sunday is when Delta tends to melt down these days.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
I was in the ATL Term T club on Friday afternoon. I did see two queuing areas downstairs with a sign that said Diamond/360/D1. Luckily there was no line but i was shocked to see that. Honestly I thought this thread was a big joke from the DYKWIA initial post. Guess I was wrong.

Side note. upon my arrival at LGA about 8PM Friday night I did "test" arrival access using my AMEX Reserve card and voila! They let me in no questions asked. I merely had to scan the boarding pass. WOW!!
I had a cocktail with a snack and then made my way over to the m60 bus. So at least that benefit does exist for Reserve Card members. Question: Maybe I missed it but I don't see this arrival access listed in the terms and conditions for the AMEX reserve card. Is this an unpublished benefit????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.