FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2080853-proposal-new-diamond-medallion-benefit-skip-skyclub-line.html)

Gertjaars May 27, 2022 3:59 pm

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Waiting on the line to get into the JFK SC today. The line was long due to the incoming rain storm.

Pax and their 2 kids cut the entire line to enter the SC. When others mentioned that the line starts at the back, the pax said "I'm a Diamond." and others on the line said "yeah well some of us are too".

The JFK skyclub agent let them skip the entire line and allowed them in - that was the most shocking part. They were not on the waitlist.

Worth the complain to delta and pass the skyclub agents name to get them reprimanded?

flyerCO May 27, 2022 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars (Post 34286105)
Waiting on the line to get into the JFK SC today. The line was long due to the incoming rain storm.

Pax and their 2 kids cut the entire line to enter the SC. When others mentioned that the line starts at the back, the pax said "I'm a Diamond." and others on the line said "yeah well some of us are too".

The JFK skyclub agent let them skip the entire line and allowed them in - that was the most shocking part. They were not on the waitlist.

Worth the complain to delta and pass the skyclub agents name to get them reprimanded?

Pass the name? No, it sounds like they've been told to do this.. Complaint, sure. There's no defined DM benefit like this.

What about paid D1? They're paying thousands for a ticket. Not DM? Oh well, wait. Sounds great PR wise.

FabCW May 27, 2022 4:32 pm

If it was up to me, D1 customers should get priority at all levels.

JFKEWR May 27, 2022 5:05 pm

Well, is this considered as DYKWIA?

DLASflyer May 27, 2022 5:10 pm

This summer cannot be over soon enough.

sydneyracquelle May 27, 2022 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by FabCW (Post 34286179)

Same with 360.

Orange County Commuter May 27, 2022 6:01 pm

Yes this is worthy of a complaint. I don’t mind if they make that a benefit but letting people bully their way to the front line when they were probably diamonds in the line is wrong.

OHDL1 May 27, 2022 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars (Post 34286105)

If it was such a "concern" to you....why didn't you follow them in and ask the club agent?

Goodoldflyer May 27, 2022 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle (Post 34286326)
Same with 360.

Now you go too far... :)

Justin026 May 27, 2022 7:17 pm

Delta should have someone come around the counter, quickly look at credentials and wave people in without the double-checking on computers when there is any kind of line longer than a minute. All the elaborate cross checking, done in the tedious way it is done, feels like they don’t trust their customers.

DLASflyer May 27, 2022 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Justin026 (Post 34286503)
Delta should have someone come around the counter, quickly look at credentials and wave people in without the double-checking on computers when there is any kind of line longer than a minute. All the elaborate cross checking, done in the tedious way it is done, feels like they don’t trust their customers.

Well in 5 days they'll need to be scanning everyone to deny access to people who are more than 3 hours ahead of their flight.

WGM May 27, 2022 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by FabCW (Post 34286179)

Really? Above those of us who pay for membership?

Gertjaars May 27, 2022 7:26 pm

Why would I cut the line of people who are ahead of me? I waited my turn like any reasonable person would and got the name of the agent.

You're not stuck at the SC right now/this weekend - you have no idea how bad it is right now. And I'm sure you wouldn't be asinine to follow them.

Originally Posted by OHDL1 (Post 34286385)
If it was such a "concern" to you....why didn't you follow them in and ask the club agent?

OHDL1 May 27, 2022 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars (Post 34286518)
Why would I cut the line of people who are ahead of me? I waited my turn like any reasonable person would and got the name of the agent.

You're not stuck at the SC right now/this weekend - you have no idea how bad it is right now. And I'm sure you wouldn't be asinine to follow them.

I guess that if it was that important to me I would have been as you so pointedly said "asinine" and followed them in to get an answer and then return to my place in the line. I'm glad that someone took on the job of line monitor....lol.

Lomapaseo May 27, 2022 8:05 pm

Roll with it. All you diamond members in line should immediately jump out and and follow

That would lave a much shorter line for us low lifes to wait in.