Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Old May 27, 22, 3:59 pm
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 912
Exclamation Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Waiting on the line to get into the JFK SC today. The line was long due to the incoming rain storm.

Pax and their 2 kids cut the entire line to enter the SC. When others mentioned that the line starts at the back, the pax said "I'm a Diamond." and others on the line said "yeah well some of us are too".

The JFK skyclub agent let them skip the entire line and allowed them in - that was the most shocking part. They were not on the waitlist.

Worth the complain to delta and pass the skyclub agents name to get them reprimanded?
Gertjaars is offline  
Old May 27, 22, 4:06 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 23,398
Originally Posted by Gertjaars View Post
Waiting on the line to get into the JFK SC today. The line was long due to the incoming rain storm.

Pax and their 2 kids cut the entire line to enter the SC. When others mentioned that the line starts at the back, the pax said "I'm a Diamond." and others on the line said "yeah well some of us are too".

The JFK skyclub agent let them skip the entire line and allowed them in - that was the most shocking part. They were not on the waitlist.

Worth the complain to delta and pass the skyclub agents name to get them reprimanded?
Pass the name? No, it sounds like they've been told to do this.. Complaint, sure. There's no defined DM benefit like this.

What about paid D1? They're paying thousands for a ticket. Not DM? Oh well, wait. Sounds great PR wise.
flyerCO is offline  
Old May 27, 22, 4:32 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 295
If it was up to me, D1 customers should get priority at all levels.
FabCW is offline  
Old May 27, 22, 5:05 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: SLC, PHX
Programs: DL PM, AA EXP, BA Silver, NH Platinum
Posts: 55
Well, is this considered as DYKWIA?
DrMilano, cmd320, Monoboy and 2 others like this.
JFKEWR is offline  
Old May 27, 22, 5:10 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Programs: DL Diamond, Aeroplan Elite 75K
Posts: 1,907
This summer cannot be over soon enough.
dw, krazykanuck, HDQDD and 9 others like this.
DLASflyer is online now  
Old May 27, 22, 5:45 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: miami, florida
Posts: 3,128
Originally Posted by FabCW View Post
If it was up to me, D1 customers should get priority at all levels.
Same with 360.
sydneyracquelle is offline  
Old May 27, 22, 6:01 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,768
Yes this is worthy of a complaint. I donít mind if they make that a benefit but letting people bully their way to the front line when they were probably diamonds in the line is wrong.
Orange County Commuter is online now  
Old May 27, 22, 6:16 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,390
Originally Posted by Gertjaars View Post
Waiting on the line to get into the JFK SC today. The line was long due to the incoming rain storm.

Pax and their 2 kids cut the entire line to enter the SC. When others mentioned that the line starts at the back, the pax said "I'm a Diamond." and others on the line said "yeah well some of us are too".

The JFK skyclub agent let them skip the entire line and allowed them in - that was the most shocking part. They were not on the waitlist.

Worth the complain to delta and pass the skyclub agents name to get them reprimanded?
If it was such a "concern" to you....why didn't you follow them in and ask the club agent?
cre95, Adam1222, FLYPWM and 4 others like this.
OHDL1 is offline  
Old May 27, 22, 6:30 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Posts: 795
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
Same with 360.

Now you go too far...
MichaelKade likes this.
Goodoldflyer is online now  
Old May 27, 22, 7:17 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Posts: 1,423
Delta should have someone come around the counter, quickly look at credentials and wave people in without the double-checking on computers when there is any kind of line longer than a minute. All the elaborate cross checking, done in the tedious way it is done, feels like they donít trust their customers.
Justin026 is offline  
Old May 27, 22, 7:22 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Programs: DL Diamond, Aeroplan Elite 75K
Posts: 1,907
Originally Posted by Justin026 View Post
Delta should have someone come around the counter, quickly look at credentials and wave people in without the double-checking on computers when there is any kind of line longer than a minute. All the elaborate cross checking, done in the tedious way it is done, feels like they donít trust their customers.
Well in 5 days they'll need to be scanning everyone to deny access to people who are more than 3 hours ahead of their flight.
emrdoc likes this.
DLASflyer is online now  
Old May 27, 22, 7:23 pm
  #12  
WGM
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by FabCW View Post
If it was up to me, D1 customers should get priority at all levels.
Really? Above those of us who pay for membership?

Last edited by WGM; May 27, 22 at 8:03 pm
WGM is offline  
Old May 27, 22, 7:26 pm
  #13  
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 912
Why would I cut the line of people who are ahead of me? I waited my turn like any reasonable person would and got the name of the agent.

You're not stuck at the SC right now/this weekend - you have no idea how bad it is right now. And I'm sure you wouldn't be asinine to follow them.
Originally Posted by OHDL1 View Post
If it was such a "concern" to you....why didn't you follow them in and ask the club agent?
volabam and LowValueCustomer like this.
Gertjaars is offline  
Old May 27, 22, 7:58 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,390
Originally Posted by Gertjaars View Post
Why would I cut the line of people who are ahead of me? I waited my turn like any reasonable person would and got the name of the agent.

You're not stuck at the SC right now/this weekend - you have no idea how bad it is right now. And I'm sure you wouldn't be asinine to follow them.
I guess that if it was that important to me I would have been as you so pointedly said "asinine" and followed them in to get an answer and then return to my place in the line. I'm glad that someone took on the job of line monitor....lol.
OHDL1 is offline  
Old May 27, 22, 8:05 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Posts: 1,575
Roll with it. All you diamond members in line should immediately jump out and and follow

That would lave a much shorter line for us low lifes to wait in.
Lomapaseo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread