Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
I cut the line today!

GM

Walked behind the signs 😎
Not sure cutting in line is something you should be this proud of.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: Delta
I cut the line today!

GM

Walked behind the signs 😎
You’re proud of this?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Not sure cutting in line is something you should be this proud of.
Originally Posted by CalebMCO
You’re proud of this?
The “diamonds”, “360s”, and “Delta Ones” sure seem to be.
KDCAflyer likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kale73
You are free to start your own airline or lounge and make your own rules. Or to spend more on tickets. I don't see any Diamonds bragging here, though.

Imagine thinking every time you dislike a new policy you are entitled to make your own, to the detriment of other passengers.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:08 am

Granting priority access and benefits for higher status customers isn't "cutting in line". It's the business model and premise of the frequent flyer programs many folks here participate in.

And some of the folks encouraging this will be the first to complain when someone else gets their upgrade or sits in their seat.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Kind of related - was checking in to the JFK Centurion Lounge yesterday and approached the “Centurion Members” check in person as she waved me up to check in. Guy behind me wanted to check in too and said “Hey - I’m Centurion, don’t know what he is.” I looked back, gave him a stern look, and proceeded to check in before him (I have a lowly Amex Plat / Delta Reserve)
ijgordon and hhdl like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Kind of related - was checking in to the JFK Centurion Lounge yesterday and approached the “Centurion Members” check in person as she waved me up to check in. Guy behind me wanted to check in too and said “Hey - I’m Centurion, don’t know what he is.” I looked back, gave him a stern look, and proceeded to check in before him (I have a lowly Amex Plat / Delta Reserve)

That can work against you, too. I was just getting to the SkyPriority check in last week, and someone from the "regular" line got waved into the priority check in just ahead of me. People also sometimes give me a funny look when I get ahead of them via the TSA Precheck line. But these situations are different, in my opinion, from getting in the priority line when you don't qualify.

Do we really want everyone ignoring lines? This impresses me as something people feel somehow justified in doing, even as they will get upset about if someone else does it in a situation where they qualify for priority.
jamesteroh, Adam1222 and Adelphos like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by TigerInAir
With what staff would this be accomplished? Having flex space requires flex staff. That's nearly impossible especially when everyone wants to eat, drink, and forget how to use a trash can or return a glass to the bar (let alone tip!). It's 6 AM in Atlanta and the club on T is jampacked with empty plates and glasses on at least a third of the tables.
Trash definitely - I agree with that. I even feel uncomfortable handing my trash to someone coming by when I'm sitting in my chair and they reach their hand out for it.

For glasses, I don't return them to the bar. 1 - because I don't want to try to make my way through the crowd of people to awkwardly put a used glass right in front of someone who is standing there waiting for a drink and 2 - I'm not even sure Delta wants its customers doing that. When it's busy (which is the only real time "helping out" like this would actually be beneficial in terms of time) I don't think Delta (or other customers or the bartenders) want bartenders to be spending time removing dirty glasses from the bar.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
That can work against you, too. I was just getting to the SkyPriority check in last week, and someone from the "regular" line got waved into the priority check in just ahead of me. People also sometimes give me a funny look when I get ahead of them via the TSA Precheck line. But these situations are different, in my opinion, from getting in the priority line when you don't qualify.

Do we really want everyone ignoring lines? This impresses me as something people feel somehow justified in doing, even as they will get upset about if someone else does it in a situation where they qualify for priority.
I get it. Just in this situation, the “I’m a Centurion”’ proclamation made me dig in a bit. The gentleman was checked in quickly after I was
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I get it. Just in this situation, the “I’m a Centurion”’ proclamation made me dig in a bit. The gentleman was checked in quickly after I was
Oh yeah, he didn't have a leg to stand on in that circumstance, and the stakes were about as low as they get.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
How are they cutting the line if there is a separate line for diamonds/d1/360? If there are people ahead of them in that line and they wlak in front of them, that would be cutting the line. If they are allowing a diamond in before a gold that isn't cutting the line if they are in the proper queue.

I'm sure the GM that cut the line wouldn't appreciate it as a Gold if a silver ignore the boarding announcement for skypriority and just boarded with Skypriority instead of his zone.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
😴😴😴A simple post triggered so many DL fangirls above in this thread.

DL SC policy has no lanugage of allowing DMs/d360s/d1s before the rest of the SM members who can access through other methods such as the plat card. Send me a link from the DL site to prove me wrong.

Line skipping will continue. GL enforcing something that isn't official.
The policy does state that your access can be revoked for any reason, so if you do it enough times and get caught by an agent if they feel up to it they'll report club abuse. I can't believe entrances don't have agents in-front of the scan booths otherwise people can just enter and not scan lol. at LGA's new club there were 3 agents at the door for the 3 scanners.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Why are they only doing this at ATL? They need to make this a systemwide benefit. Would help to make up a little bit for all the cutbacks Diamonds have suffered over the past year
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cubeman
The policy does state that your access can be revoked for any reason, so if you do it enough times and get caught by an agent if they feel up to it they'll report club abuse. I can't believe entrances don't have agents in-front of the scan booths otherwise people can just enter and not scan lol. at LGA's new club there were 3 agents at the door for the 3 scanners.
I hope Delta does ban folks who intentionally cut the line repeatedly with no other reason than they think they are better than everyone else who waits on lines. Putting the disrespect and contempt it shows for other travelers, I'd be concerned these people would also push their way to the front of a line of an emergency evacuation and brag about it too.
jamesteroh and CalebMCO like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I hope Delta does ban folks who intentionally cut the line repeatedly with no other reason than they think they are better than everyone else who waits on lines. Putting the disrespect and contempt it shows for other travelers, I'd be concerned these people would also push their way to the front of a line of an emergency evacuation and brag about it too.
Just FYI, there is an "ignore" function on FlyerTalk, made to be used for posters like that one. (But unfortunately you can still see their posts when others quote them...)
Adam1222, kale73 and PanAmSam like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.