Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Awkward boarding circumstance at LAX.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
I’ve experienced this separate SP bus at FCO a few years back boarding an Alitalia flight in J. The bus even said SP inside. It was silly since it made it to the plane the same time as the Y bus and we all ended up in a big line to walk up the air stairs.
Was it less crowded (and hence more comfortable) than the regular bus?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
I’ve experienced this separate SP bus at FCO a few years back boarding an Alitalia flight in J. The bus even said SP inside. It was silly since it made it to the plane the same time as the Y bus and we all ended up in a big line to walk up the air stairs.
but you didn't have to see the lesser people
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Weird. Some people like to power-trip.
Agreed. I can't imagine saying "Don't point at me."
Old Feb 27, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
"they should have a special segregated bus, as long as they realize I'm one of the special people"
At CDG, when an AF TATL jet parks at a remote stand, they have a separate bus for the J pax, and everyone else gets on other buses.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Not really.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:03 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ND76
At CDG, when an AF TATL jet parks at a remote stand, they have a separate bus for the J pax, and everyone else gets on other buses.
I haven't landed in CDG for several years (flying on AA), my recollection was that if I had to be bussed from a remote point on the tarmac, the bus was raised from the ground to the boarding door so pax didn't have to negotiate stairs.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by ND76
I do realize that these busses exist, my comment was specificially about the A) the desire for such busses and B) the idea that certain elites should of course be included in the blessed group even if they didn't cough up for the J ticket
Old Mar 1, 2022, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nrr
I haven't landed in CDG for several years (flying on AA), my recollection was that if I had to be bussed from a remote point on the tarmac, the bus was raised from the ground to the boarding door so pax didn't have to negotiate stairs.
This sounds like IAD.

I've had intraEU AF flights from CDG T2 that were parked very close to the gate, but instead of boarding through a jetway, we were forced to go down some stairs in the terminal, walk just a short distance on the tarmac, and then climb a set of portable stairs to board the aircraft, which IIRC was an A320.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.