FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Awkward boarding circumstance at LAX. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2069943-awkward-boarding-circumstance-lax.html)

zrs70 Feb 24, 2022 12:29 pm

Awkward boarding circumstance at LAX.

I’m in flight LAX-SFO this morning. We took a shuttle from gate 24 to the plane.

the bus had two open doors. There was a line at one door while the other was empty. When I attempted to approach the empty door, I was curtly blocked.

not a big deal.

so I board. To my left, every seat was taken, except for one tiny stuffed squeeze. To the right, the seats were empty. I attempted to go right, and the agent waived her finger and pointed at me to the tiny space.

I asked her not to point at me. She told me “I’ve pointed to everyone else, and no one said anything.” She then told me ti sit in that tiny seat.

I explained it was too small. (Mind you, I am thin. The space was between two very large passengers).

she relented and allowed me to sit in the empty part of the bus.

the empty part remained mostly empty as we drove to the plane.

it was all just so odd and unnecessary.

LondonElite Feb 24, 2022 12:34 pm

Weird. Some people like to power-trip.

TuxTom Feb 24, 2022 2:33 pm

I've had far too many bus rides at LAX while T3 has been under construction, and I've never seen anything like this. Most of the time it's a free for all once your BP is scanned until you get to your seat on the plane. First/DM boarding is always a joke because you'll get a seat on the bus, and then all the standing pax on the bus board the plane before you.

FlyBitcoin Feb 24, 2022 2:56 pm

The only 4 Porsche rides I have ever had as a DM have been from the LAX 24 Bus Gate to the awaiting E175.
Now I actually feel grateful I did not get this bus driver... yet.

1P Feb 24, 2022 2:56 pm

Firmly: "I'm sorry, but I'm going to sit over there." "Oh, OK then."

Lomapaseo Feb 24, 2022 5:55 pm

weights and balance driven by baggage load?

gitismatty Feb 24, 2022 7:04 pm

maybe that part of the bus needed to be cleaned so they didn't want anyone back there? like vomit or something?

still not a great explanation for the attitude of the driver, but I cant think of many other reasons why they'd be adamant about not letting people into parts of the bus

MSPeconomist Feb 24, 2022 9:54 pm

We can only wish that DL reserves part of the bus for FC/DM passengers. BTW, some foreign carriers promise a separate bus (or other vehicle) for business class and sometimes higher tier elites too.

krispy84 Feb 25, 2022 10:31 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 34022817)
We can only wish that DL reserves part of the bus for FC/DM passengers. BTW, some foreign carriers promise a separate bus (or other vehicle) for business class and sometimes higher tier elites too.

About the only thing that makes bus gates at DOH bearable - very well air conditioned J coaches - no mixing with the Y riff raff 😂😂

indufan Feb 25, 2022 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by zrs70 (Post 34021565)
I asked her not to point at me.

Oh, the humanity.

jrl767 Feb 25, 2022 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by indufan (Post 34025275)

Originally Posted by zrs70 (Post 34021565)
… so I board. To my left, every seat was taken, except for one tiny stuffed squeeze. To the right, the seats were empty. I attempted to go right, and the agent waived her finger and pointed at me to the tiny space.

I asked her not to point at me. She told me “I’ve pointed to everyone else, and no one said anything.” She then told me ti sit in that tiny seat.…

Oh, the humanity.

there’s a whole thread for this :rolleyes:

WillBarrett_68 Feb 26, 2022 6:40 am

We can only wish that DL reserves part of the bus for FC/DM passengers.

I can never tell when these sorts of comments are sincere though there are a few posters I can rely on to clear it up for me

WillBarrett_68 Feb 26, 2022 6:42 am

"they should have a special segregated bus, as long as they realize I'm one of the special people"

s0ssos Feb 26, 2022 7:00 am

Originally Posted by gitismatty (Post 34022537)
maybe that part of the bus needed to be cleaned so they didn't want anyone back there? like vomit or something?

still not a great explanation for the attitude of the driver, but I cant think of many other reasons why they'd be adamant about not letting people into parts of the bus

Pretty sure the 'agent' has no ability to drive the bus (legally)

DCAproducer Feb 26, 2022 7:01 am

I’ve experienced this separate SP bus at FCO a few years back boarding an Alitalia flight in J. The bus even said SP inside. It was silly since it made it to the plane the same time as the Y bus and we all ended up in a big line to walk up the air stairs.