Search

Awkward boarding circumstance at LAX.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Awkward boarding circumstance at LAX.

I’m in flight LAX-SFO this morning. We took a shuttle from gate 24 to the plane.

the bus had two open doors. There was a line at one door while the other was empty. When I attempted to approach the empty door, I was curtly blocked.

not a big deal.

so I board. To my left, every seat was taken, except for one tiny stuffed squeeze. To the right, the seats were empty. I attempted to go right, and the agent waived her finger and pointed at me to the tiny space.

I asked her not to point at me. She told me “I’ve pointed to everyone else, and no one said anything.” She then told me ti sit in that tiny seat.

I explained it was too small. (Mind you, I am thin. The space was between two very large passengers).

she relented and allowed me to sit in the empty part of the bus.

the empty part remained mostly empty as we drove to the plane.

it was all just so odd and unnecessary.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Weird. Some people like to power-trip.
Spiff and Spanish like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
I've had far too many bus rides at LAX while T3 has been under construction, and I've never seen anything like this. Most of the time it's a free for all once your BP is scanned until you get to your seat on the plane. First/DM boarding is always a joke because you'll get a seat on the bus, and then all the standing pax on the bus board the plane before you.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
The only 4 Porsche rides I have ever had as a DM have been from the LAX 24 Bus Gate to the awaiting E175.
Now I actually feel grateful I did not get this bus driver... yet.
DCAproducer and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:56 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Firmly: "I'm sorry, but I'm going to sit over there." "Oh, OK then."
Old Feb 24, 2022, 5:55 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
weights and balance driven by baggage load?
DiverDave likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
maybe that part of the bus needed to be cleaned so they didn't want anyone back there? like vomit or something?

still not a great explanation for the attitude of the driver, but I cant think of many other reasons why they'd be adamant about not letting people into parts of the bus
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
We can only wish that DL reserves part of the bus for FC/DM passengers. BTW, some foreign carriers promise a separate bus (or other vehicle) for business class and sometimes higher tier elites too.
mot29 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
We can only wish that DL reserves part of the bus for FC/DM passengers. BTW, some foreign carriers promise a separate bus (or other vehicle) for business class and sometimes higher tier elites too.
About the only thing that makes bus gates at DOH bearable - very well air conditioned J coaches - no mixing with the Y riff raff 😂😂
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by zrs70
I asked her not to point at me.
Oh, the humanity.
WillBarrett_68 and Adam1222 like this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by indufan
Originally Posted by zrs70
… so I board. To my left, every seat was taken, except for one tiny stuffed squeeze. To the right, the seats were empty. I attempted to go right, and the agent waived her finger and pointed at me to the tiny space.

I asked her not to point at me. She told me “I’ve pointed to everyone else, and no one said anything.” She then told me ti sit in that tiny seat.…

Oh, the humanity.
there’s a whole thread for this
WillBarrett_68 and Adam1222 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:40 am

We can only wish that DL reserves part of the bus for FC/DM passengers.
I can never tell when these sorts of comments are sincere though there are a few posters I can rely on to clear it up for me
CalebMCO and Adam1222 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:42 am

"they should have a special segregated bus, as long as they realize I'm one of the special people"
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by gitismatty
maybe that part of the bus needed to be cleaned so they didn't want anyone back there? like vomit or something?

still not a great explanation for the attitude of the driver, but I cant think of many other reasons why they'd be adamant about not letting people into parts of the bus
Pretty sure the 'agent' has no ability to drive the bus (legally)
Old Feb 26, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I’ve experienced this separate SP bus at FCO a few years back boarding an Alitalia flight in J. The bus even said SP inside. It was silly since it made it to the plane the same time as the Y bus and we all ended up in a big line to walk up the air stairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.