Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

no-show (one or both pax) when using AMEX companion certificate (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

no-show (one or both pax) when using AMEX companion certificate (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 8:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Taking these in reverse order because the response flows better that way

Originally Posted by CalVol
Or is there a way to formally transfer it to her that makes her the primary? It wasn't obvious to me that that was an option.
There's no way to formally transfer it; you have to book it out of your account but you need not be the primary traveler (or even be on the record at all)

How do I go about setting it up so that I'm the companion? Do, I click the "i'm not travelling link" under the 1st passenger box and insert her name and then put myself as passenger #2?
I have not tried this myself (have only done the situation where I used it for two family members traveling without me) but that sounds right. However...

(Mrs. Calvol and I will be coming out for a few days in the middle of the gig to catch her in the show.)
... will this be a round trip? Why not use the companion cert for this journey in that case? Then you won't have to throw away the companion part of the return.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Taking these in reverse order because the response flows better that way

There's no way to formally transfer it; you have to book it out of your account but you need not be the primary traveler (or even be on the record at all)

I have not tried this myself (have only done the situation where I used it for two family members traveling without me) but that sounds right. However...

... will this be a round trip? Why not use the companion cert for this journey in that case? Then you won't have to throw away the companion part of the return.
Thanks for the info!!

As to using the companion cert with Mrs Calvol...this is the coach companion certificate. And, well, unless absolutely necessary, the love of my life does NOT fly coach.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 10:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
As to using the companion cert with Mrs Calvol...this is the coach companion certificate. And, well, unless absolutely necessary, the love of my life does NOT fly coach.
Have you tried explaining that it's necessary to prevent "breakage" on the companion cert? but yes, I understand
CalVol likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Haven't done it online, but if you're concerned you can certainly book by calling and specify the cert holder is the secondary pax.

Have you tried explaining that it's necessary to prevent "breakage" on the companion cert? but yes, I understand
Seems like a good reason to make it a Reserve
CalVol likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 8:56 am
WGM

Programs: DL PM
How do I go about setting it up so that I'm the companion? Do, I click the "i'm not travelling link" under the 1st passenger box and insert her name and then put myself as passenger #2?

Or is there a way to formally transfer it to her that makes her the primary? It wasn't obvious to me that that was an option.

Thanks!
Correct. Clink "I'm not traveling" and enter her as primary and yourself as #2. We do this when we use my wife's companion certificates.
CalVol likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.