Search
Old Jan 31, 2021, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LoganFlyer
Last update: May 31, 2024 23:59 US Eastern Time
Next planned update: June 30, 2024 23:59 US Eastern Time

Spreadsheet is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ifw...ew?usp=sharing

I recommend downloading and viewing in Excel rather than Google Drive's native viewer. You can do whatever you like with this spreadsheet as long as you don't make money off of it. Feel free to leave any comments, questions, corrections, etc, either in this thread or by PMing me (LoganFlyer)!
Print Wikipost

Comprehensive Delta fleet spreadsheet!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2023, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by emma dog
How is a plane slightly smaller than the stock model?
I don't know the details, but it's not unique to the 763s. One reason that DL has multiple 752 configurations is that they're different sizes. If the original buyer of the plane wanted a slightly different size and was willing to pay the money for it, Boeing wasn't going to say no!
emma dog likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

The July update is up! Here are the key highlights:
  • 5 new planes were delivered: 4 A321neos and 1 A339neo.
  • 1 used B739ER entered induction.
  • 7 planes flew their first revenue flight for DL: 3 used B739ERs, 1 new A223, 2 new A321neos, and 1 used A359
  • 1 B712 was unretired.
  • 1 previously unretired B712 re-entered revenue service.
  • DL ordered 12 new A223s and 1 new A339neo with delivery dates several years from now.
Details are in the spreadsheet. The link is the same as before and the same as in the Wiki, but here it is for completeness:

Enjoy!
strickerj and gt5889a like this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Just wondering if Delta is going to try and get Alaska's A321-Neo's when they dispose of them later this year. These are relatively newer planes and would fit nicely into Delta's
s fleet. Plus we all know who Delta loves picking up aircraft on the secondary market.

From One Mile at a Time:
We know that Alaska’s plan isn’t to simply park these planes to maturity and just make lease payments until then, but rather the airline is looking for a new home for these jets. I can’t imagine the airline will have any trouble offloading these planes, as there are many airlines that would appreciate picking up some “gently used” A321neos.

Last edited by Paul510; Aug 1, 2023 at 8:05 am
Old Aug 1, 2023, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I don't know the details, but it's not unique to the 763s. One reason that DL has multiple 752 configurations is that they're different sizes. If the original buyer of the plane wanted a slightly different size and was willing to pay the money for it, Boeing wasn't going to say no!
This has to do with exit door arrangements, which results in differing amounts of usable interior floor space for seats. Both the 763 and 752 have more than one exit door layout option. If the dimensions of the airframe were different, it would seem possible to affect flight characteristics such that new model designations and certifications would be needed through regulatory agencies.

N394DL (and some other now-retired examples) has a second set of full-size doors in front of the wings and one set of over-wing exits. The other 763 aircraft in Delta's fleet have only one set of full-size doors ahead of the wings and two sets of over-wing exits. This changes the number and locations of seats that can be installed while allowing access to all the doors.

In similar fashion, some 752 aircraft have mid-size doors immediately behind the wings, full-size doors at the very back, and no over-wing exits, while others have two sets of over-wing exits and only one set of full-size doors at the very back of the cabin.
LoganFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

The August update is up! Here are the key highlights:
  • 2 new planes were delivered: 1 A223 and 1 A321neo.
  • 1 used B739ER entered induction.
  • 9 planes flew their first revenue flight for DL: 2 used B739ERs, 1 new A223, 5 new A321neos, and 1 new A339neo.
  • 3 B712s were unretired.
  • 3 previously unretired B712s re-entered revenue service.
  • The 76K conversions started back up, with 1 B763ER entering PS mods.
  • This actually happened in June, but in August I learned that 1 DL-owned E75 (N604CZ) had been transferred from OO to 9E. This is 9E's first ever E75. It's not clear if 9E plans to put this plane in revenue service or just use it as a backup of some sort, so I've taken that plane out of the OO plane list but not yet put it in the 9E plane list. If it enters revenue service for 9E, I'll add it into that fleet.
Details are in the spreadsheet. The link is the same as before and the same as in the Wiki, but here it is for completeness:

Enjoy!
dtwtransport, gt5889a and DCAhome like this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

The September update is up! Here are the key highlights:
  • 3 new planes were delivered: 1 A223 and 2 A321neos.
  • The last used B739ER entered induction.
  • 6 planes flew their first revenue flight for DL: 2 used B739ERs, 1 new A223, 2 new A321neos, and 1 used A359.
  • 1 previously unretired B712 re-entered revenue service.
  • 2 B763ERs entered PS mods and 1 B763ER exited those mods.

Enjoy!
Old Oct 31, 2023, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

The October update is up! This month was as much about OO as it was DL mainline. Here are the key highlights, starting with DL mainline:
  • 2 new planes were delivered: 1 A223 and 1 A321neo.
  • 2 planes flew their first revenue flight for DL, both used 739ERs.
  • 3 B712s were unretired.
  • 3 previously unretired B712s re-entered revenue service.
  • 2 B763ERs entered PS mods and 2 B763ERs exited those mods.
Now onto the SkyWest portion of things:
  • 3 OO CR2s were retired. Just 11 left, and they all should be gone by the end of November.
  • In October, I learned that over the last couple of months, 3 OO-owned CR7s moved from DL to AA. One left DL service in August, one in September, and one in October.
  • Also in October, presumably to cover for the CR2 flying dwindling down, 6 OO-owned CR7s switched from AA to DL. The 3 mentioned above were NOT among those 6. I don't know why OO did it that way.

Enjoy!
DLASflyer and strickerj like this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

The November update is up! Here are the key highlights:
  • 5 new planes were delivered: 1 A223, 2 A321neos, and 2 A339neos.
  • 5 planes flew their first revenue flight for DL: 1 new A223, 2 new A321neos, 1 new A339neo, and 1 used B739ER.
  • 1 B763ER entered PS mods and 2 B763ERs exited those mods.
  • All SkyWest CR2s were retired from DL revenue service, meaning there are no more CR2s flying flights for DL!! Well, almost, as there is a single CR2 flight left tomorrow morning (EKO-SLC). I don't care--I've removed all of them from the spreadsheet.
  • 1 OO-owned CR7 switched from AA to DL.

Enjoy!
Old Nov 30, 2023, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Missing out of service aircraft undergoing maintenance and repairs

The spreadsheet shows the physical planes "in service" but doesnt account for aircraft in maintenance (for heavy checks, repairs, painting, etc) which would reduce the actual working fleet numbers.

Its possible and likely there are many aircraft undergoing maintenace and without those numbers this spreadsheet is meaningless.

RC
Old Dec 1, 2023, 9:32 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
The spreadsheet shows the physical planes "in service" but doesnt account for aircraft in maintenance (for heavy checks, repairs, painting, etc) which would reduce the actual working fleet numbers.

Its possible and likely there are many aircraft undergoing maintenace and without those numbers this spreadsheet is meaningless.

RC
This is an overview of the Delta fleet by type/configuration. Multiple fleet-specific threads here track which planes are getting MX/Mods/Induction. They are still part of the active fleet, the only aircraft truly out of service are the ones still in long-term storage at SBD/VCV/BHM and are notated as such. Planespotters.net is not reliable when denoting an aircraft as 'parked' or 'OOS'.

A220: A220 Consolidated Discussion Thread
A319/20/21: The Official Delta A319/A320/A321 Cabin Mods Thread
A330: The Official Delta A330-200/300 Cabin Mods Thread
A339: A330 NEO Consolidated Discussion Thread
A350: Best Seats, Amenities, & Experiences on Delta's A350
717: Boeing 717: The Definitive Thread
737-800/900: Official Delta B737-700/800/900 Mods Thread
757-200: The Official 757-200 Interior Mod Tracking Thread
757-300: The Official Delta 757-300 Interior Mod Tracking Thread
767-300: The Official Delta 767-300ER Interior Mod Tracking Thread
767-400: 767-400 764 Delta One Suites & Premium Select Refurb Status and Trip Reports

Last edited by BostonPlanesAndTrains; Dec 1, 2023 at 9:45 am
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by bwc175
This has to do with exit door arrangements, which results in differing amounts of usable interior floor space for seats. Both the 763 and 752 have more than one exit door layout option. If the dimensions of the airframe were different, it would seem possible to affect flight characteristics such that new model designations and certifications would be needed through regulatory agencies.

N394DL (and some other now-retired examples) has a second set of full-size doors in front of the wings and one set of over-wing exits. The other 763 aircraft in Delta's fleet have only one set of full-size doors ahead of the wings and two sets of over-wing exits. This changes the number and locations of seats that can be installed while allowing access to all the doors.

In similar fashion, some 752 aircraft have mid-size doors immediately behind the wings, full-size doors at the very back, and no over-wing exits, while others have two sets of over-wing exits and only one set of full-size doors at the very back of the cabin.
We are going to see more variance of internal cabins going forward. The 737-900ER has the flat rear pressure bulkhead, and that is an option on other 737NGs. Supposedly it was going to be standard on the 737MAX, but the LOPAs in the airport planning guides show the rounded rear pressure dome (but that might be in error). Almost all airlines buying the A321neo are going with the new "Cabin Flex" door arrangement that dispenses with the large emergency exit forward of the wing in favor of over-wing exits. That means Delta has two different A321 LOPAs. A third will be added once Delta adds the version of the A3210neo with Delta One and Premium Select. The new A350s (New Production Standard, or "NPS") also have a different rear pressure bulkhead that adds significant room to the cabin, allowing a large galley in the back, and therefore allowing more rows of seats in the main cabin. Then there are the various exit door arrangements on the 737-900ER and 737 MAX 9. My guess is Delta will get to a standard 737-900ER LOPA and exit configuration in the future as the former Lion Air 737-900ERs are upgraded. Also, Delta will move towards three different A350-900 configurations: The original version, a "High J" version (the former LATAM A350s will be moved to the High J configuration), and the new A350 NPS will have a different configuration. The A350 NPS will likely take over the ATL-JNB route and other routes requiring maximum performance, but it is also possible some of the NPS performance modifications will come to the existing A350 fleet. There are also rumors of a High J version of the A330-900neo. Then there is the question if Delta will change the Delta One cabins on the A330-300s and A330-200s to a similar seat as the A330-900neos. A High J A330-300 might make some sense as these aircraft are very suited for JFK-Europe routes where Delta tends to fly its High J 767-400s.
LoganFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 11:37 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold

RC
Are you volunteering to look up, track, and add all that information in this spreadsheet? If not, then maybe don't insult the time others spend on aggregating all the data they do track.

I am (and no doubt many others are) grateful that people like LoganFlyer take the time and track the overall fleet in a single place because it is interesting information. BostonPlanesAndTrains pasted all the subfleet threads where you can spend your time digging on exactly which tails are actually flying vs in mods or maintenance. (where many others also spend their time tracking all that information).
Old Dec 1, 2023, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist

RC
How is that information relevant at all? Who cares if an aircraft is undergoing heavy checks? It's still part of the fleet. Continued thanks to LoganFlyer for their hard work putting together this spreadsheet.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
if DL has 4 A332's out of service for painting there will be some downguaging or upgauging of equipment to fulfill operational needs so at any given time its helpful to know what is really flying on any given day.

When upguaging or downguaging occurs cabin configurations change and class of service may have higher or lower capapcities resulting in a lot of seat assignment changes. This information is important and the spreadsheet as presented here is just "gross airframes" not "flying airframes" and is meaningless.

What we need to know if we are referring to the fleet is what is actually flying and not the gross fleet numbers.

to me, If the information is proprietary to DL then the information available on the spread sheet is meaningless.

RC
Old Dec 2, 2023, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

if DL has 4 A332's out of service for painting there will be some downguaging or upgauging of equipment to fulfill operational needs so at any given time its helpful to know what is really flying on any given day.

When upguaging or downguaging occurs cabin configurations change and class of service may have higher or lower capapcities resulting in a lot of seat assignment changes. This information is important and the spreadsheet as presented here is just "gross airframes" not "flying airframes" and is meaningless.

What we need to know if we are referring to the fleet is what is actually flying and not the gross fleet numbers.

to me, If the information is proprietary to DL then the information available on the spread sheet is meaningless.

RC
Thanks for the feedback! FWIW, the reason I don't track maintenance visits is because I don't have a great way to track them reliably without using inside information. And inside information is what got the original version of this spreadsheet taken down in the first place (see post #11 in this thread.) If that exclusion makes this spreadsheet useless to you, then by all means, don't use it! I'm not offended.

That said, I know from the posts and the likes in this thread that lots of people find this information useful as it is. In fact, the main reason I keep it up to date is, I fully admit, for me. I have a second copy where I keep track of which planes I've actually taken DL flights on, what percentage of each fleet I've flown, and so forth. I don't need to know which planes are in maintenance to track that. And other people have their reasons why they like this sheet without needing up to date maintenance records to make it useful to them.

So in summary, if you find this file "meaningless" for your needs because of the lack of real-time maintenance info or any other reason, I have no issue with that, and again, I do appreciate that feedback. However, if what you're suggesting is that no one can find any use for the spreadsheet, then I must respectfully but strongly disagree with you.
ohhleary and DCAhome like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.