Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2021, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Well, strictly for market research purposes I decided to try the TipTop marg and old fashioned.
No marg today on ATL-SEA B764 suites, but surprise appearance of the Manhattan. Prefer the Old Fashioned.

Old May 17, 2021, 7:19 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Deciding if I should book DL for JFK-LAX this weekend. What are they currently serving in D1 food wise?
ConnieDee likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:20 am
S.R

What can I expect in D1 for JFK-LAX this weekend? Still no food?
Old May 17, 2021, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by S.R
Deciding if I should book DL for JFK-LAX this weekend. What are they currently serving in D1 food wise?
Seriously? Unless you are chasing DL status or the fare is amazingly cheap, DL should be the absolute last option.
Food wise? LOL. Covid and DL's continuing concern for your safety prevents them from serving meals on that route.
cmd320 and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by S.R
Snacks and drinks only.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:42 am
S.R

Originally Posted by SFO777
Seriously? Unless you are chasing DL status or the fare is amazingly cheap, DL should be the absolute last option.
Food wise? LOL. Covid and DL's continuing concern for your safety prevents them from serving meals on that route.
LOL thats what I was expecting. I thought I read something about DL bringing back some services like meals but guess not. It is the cheapest option but not by much, probably better off with UA,B6 or AA.
Thanks!
SFO777 and cmd320 like this.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by S.R
LOL thats what I was expecting. I thought I read something about DL bringing back some services like meals but guess not. It is the cheapest option but not by much, probably better off with UA,B6 or AA.
Thanks!
Spirit is starting LGA-LAX on the weekends soon. And they never reduced cabin service. Probably for a couple hundred bucks can get a Big Front Seat and a few cocktails and a snack box at least as good as DL has (oh and they have ramen noodles too).
jamesteroh likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 8:11 am

Cool FC Meals in June―How to Actually Find Out Ahead of Time

On a whim I did upgrade to FC for Flight 320 BOS-SEA in mid-June. How can I find out from Delta a day or two ahead how substantial the meal offering will be on that specific flight? Will that app-launched "message us" feature work for this kind of question? Should I finally make Twitter part of my life?

(For 6+ hours I'll need two protein-rich meals; need to know how much salami-cheese-olives I need to haul on board.)
Old May 17, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ConnieDee
On a whim I did upgrade to FC for Flight 320 BOS-SEA in mid-June. How can I find out from Delta a day or two ahead how substantial the meal offering will be on that specific flight? Will that app-launched "message us" feature work for this kind of question? Should I finally make Twitter part of my life?

(For 6+ hours I'll need two protein-rich meals; need to know how much salami-cheese-olives I need to haul on board.)
Agents won't know anything at this point beyond DL's published plans to bring some semblance of real food back beginning in "early June" (whatever that means). Probably best to wait until FT members report back at that time when the changes roll out
Old May 17, 2021, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by S.R
No food. Snack box and close to normal bar menu.
Old May 17, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
I find a lot of the spiked seltzers akin to an airline serving PBR or Natural Light on board and it certainly doesn't give AA or UA a competitive advantage in my world. I certainly wouldn't have created some kind of ad campaign around it. BTW, I believe AA had White Claws in main cabin pre-pandemic, not sure if they're bringing it back.
Originally Posted by ConnieDee

I would bring backup food no matter what Delta tells you. Even if they do bring back meals for your flight, I would expect issues. So sad to watch DL go from front of the pack to back of the pack so quickly.
Old May 17, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta DM (no bag tags), United Silver, Spirit - one and done, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis- owes me one
Your choices are Bistro or Market. Which box do you want to eat out of?
Old May 17, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: Skymiles
What meals were served ATL MEX?

My gf and I are headed to Mexico City in mid-July for a family baptism.
She has never flown first class so I decided to surprise her with FC tickets.

In the before times what kind of meals used to be offered on ATL-MEX and back?
If we get lucky and real meal service comes back what could we expect?

I'm really booking this in anticipation that first class will offer actual first class service come July
Old May 17, 2021, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JulioCesarSalad
My gf and I are headed to Mexico City in mid-July for a family baptism.
She has never flown first class so I decided to surprise her with FC tickets.

In the before times what kind of meals used to be offered on ATL-MEX and back?
If we get lucky and real meal service comes back what could we expect?

I'm really booking this in anticipation that first class will offer actual first class service come July
It isn’t looking too likely full service will return but July, but if it does it would pretty much be a typical domestic F style meal.
Old May 17, 2021, 3:59 pm

Programs: Skymiles
I've never taken a Domestic F flight before COVID though, only started traveling/getting upgraded last year

what does a normal domestic F meal look like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.