Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is this right? Zero Skymiles when flying Virgin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is this right? Zero Skymiles when flying Virgin?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mayhem
There is no class (A) listed on delta's earn with miles; if you were upgraded from economy to premium you may show up now as an A but you booked into something else. You'll need to find that detailed reservation and send a request to get the miles per your original booking.

Very hard to find anything on google about VS' A class
http://v-flyer.com/toolbox_fare_codes.php?code=A would say that it doesn't exist
P/A/G fare classes are used by DL for DL Premium Select fares and book into Premium Economy class of service when booked as a DL codeshared, partner operated flight. As noted above, since it's DL coded it will earn miles/MQD's based on spend and not miles flown.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
My last VS flights, also DL coded A class, took 9 days each to credit.

Try to relax, my dude.

And welcome to FlyerTalk!
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond; VS Gold; Uber Diamond
It takes a while for mid-cabin VS flights to credit to SkyMiles, IME
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
My recent VS flight required a manual credit request for some reason even though it showed up as a flown flight on my SkyMiles account. If it doesn't automatically post, just reach out to Delta and they'll take care of it.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:48 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
On my round trip VS Flight over the summer (booked through VS, credited to DL), one way it took about a week to post, the other way I had to manually request credit (by submitting my ticket number).

It’d be helpful to know when the OP’s flight was, and when they look at their recent sky miles activity, is the flight listed (with 0 miles), or is it completely missing?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
DL flights sometimes credit as zero miles before they update with the actual miles. It's in the fine print that it is calculating, but it does cause some personality types to fly off the handle... They'd be better off just waiting to post them until it's done.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
DL flights sometimes credit as zero miles before they update with the actual miles. It's in the fine print that it is calculating, but it does cause some personality types to fly off the handle... They'd be better off just waiting to post them until it's done.
It also causes worry when theres a change to a ticket with previously credited segments. The previously credited segments will switch to zero and processing. This is due to needing to redistribute MQD/RDM based on rebooked ticket. Freaks people out thinking they lost credit for the segments.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I flew VS metal on a DL ticket MAN-ATL the other day. It took a few days to post, unlike DL segments that post almost immediately now.

But my concern is about the RDMs that posted (and the fare attributed to the segment). Delta processed the flight segment as if the underlying fare paid was about $185. In Premium Economy! The outbound on DL metal, DTW-AMS the fare allocation was over $350 in econ / V fare. Seems wrong that I 'paid' nearly double for an economy V segment compared to a PE / G fare segment.

If I look at the ticket receipt, my total fare paid was $450 base fare + $400 surcharge (fuel, I assume). But when I add up all the segments posted fare/miles, it works out to about $707. My previous trip a few weeks earlier (also to Europe but different cities), all DL metal / V fares, the base fare was $483 + fuel $350. Redeemable miles posted after travel exactly matched the $833. Note, this is all fare, not about taxes (of which there were a lot on the VS flight. I know I don't get miles on any of the taxes. Also, thankfully, the more important MQMs posted correctly.)

1,647 redeemable miles isn't a huge deal. But it seems particularly weird to me that the fare + surcharge totals don't add up to what I paid on the DL/VS trip, and that the Virgin flight in a higher cabin is attributed at such a paltry fare. I wrote in to Delta this evening, the auto reply suggested it may take a while to get an answer.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
If you upgraded your flight, it likely posted as an award fare class that isn't subject to earning credit, but that isn't accurate. Submit your original receipt to Delta and request mileage credit, and it should get fixed (although it may take up to a month if they are slow responding.)
Old Oct 26, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by RaflW
I flew VS metal on a DL ticket MAN-ATL the other day. It took a few days to post, unlike DL segments that post almost immediately now.

But my concern is about the RDMs that posted (and the fare attributed to the segment). Delta processed the flight segment as if the underlying fare paid was about $185. In Premium Economy! The outbound on DL metal, DTW-AMS the fare allocation was over $350 in econ / V fare. Seems wrong that I 'paid' nearly double for an economy V segment compared to a PE / G fare segment.
Was the flight number DL or VS? If VS will post based on distance.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RaflW

If I look at the ticket receipt, my total fare paid was $450 base fare + $400 surcharge (fuel, I assume). But when I add up all the segments posted fare/miles, it works out to about $707. My previous trip a few weeks earlier (also to Europe but different cities), all DL metal / V fares, the base fare was $483 + fuel $350. Redeemable miles posted after travel exactly matched the $833. Note, this is all fare, not about taxes (of which there were a lot on the VS flight. I know I don't get miles on any of the taxes. Also, thankfully, the more important MQMs posted correctly.)

1,647 redeemable miles isn't a huge deal. But it seems particularly weird to me that the fare + surcharge totals don't add up to what I paid on the DL/VS trip, and that the Virgin flight in a higher cabin is attributed at such a paltry fare. I wrote in to Delta this evening, the auto reply suggested it may take a while to get an answer.
See my post here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31646393-post2.html for info on how DL distributes earnings for DL coded flights.

VS/partner coded of course are straightforward as they earn strictly based on distance of the one segment.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the replies! It was DL 4354. Based on the miles flown DTW-AMS was 3,940, and MAN-ATL was 4,098. Total of all flight miles on ticket 9.975 (three shorter hops on the ticket).
As I said upthread, I believe the full MQDs should have been $890. There were also abt $335 in taxes, since there was a UK duty involved. MQDs posted = $707.

Seg 1 - 528 mqms - $48
Seg 2 - 3940 mqm - $352
Seg 3 - 503 mqm - $45
--
Seg 4 - 6,147* mqm - $183 (*w/1.5 bonus)
Seg 5 - 906 mqm - $79

The three first segments add up to exactly half the non-tax fare. If I get pushback form DL on my request, I'll use this info to press my case. If I needed MQMs I'd be even more firm about it. Hopefully DL will just make good. I mean, my bag was late so I got 2,500 miles, and I'm only asking for another ~1,650.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL 4XXX TATL would be a codeshare, DL marketed but operated by a partner, probably KLM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.