FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Is this right? Zero Skymiles when flying Virgin? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1992765-right-zero-skymiles-when-flying-virgin.html)

Craig Rowland Oct 25, 2019 12:00 pm

Is this right? Zero Skymiles when flying Virgin?

Is this right? The website says this about earning on Virgin: Virgin Atlantic-marketed flights in the following fare classes are eligible for accrual based on the percentages in the table below, multiplied by the flight distance (as determined in Delta or the partner carrier’s sole discretion)

But, I got zero miles for my London to Seattle flight. No MQMs, no base miles, no segment credits. Nothing. If I don't get any mileage for flights like this I'm going to start using a different airline.

I would post a screen shot but when I try this forum says, "You are not allowed to post URLs until you have at least 5 posts"

ecaarch Oct 25, 2019 12:02 pm

What was your VS fare class?

flyerCO Oct 25, 2019 12:07 pm

How was the flight coded? If you booked it with an AF/KL code you don't earn. Only VS/DL coded VS operated flights earn.

Also did you upgrade? If so this causes a known issue. Flights get reported as being flown in G, which is a non-revenue (award) class. You'll need to contact DL to manually reprocess.

bgriff Oct 25, 2019 12:16 pm

On top of the potential reasons in the previous post, what does your account activity say under reason? If you just flew recently sometimes it will say "Still processing, will update in 24 hours" in which case there's a good chance it will update to earn miles (unless it's one of the cases in the previous post) within another day or two.

Craig Rowland Oct 25, 2019 12:26 pm

How would I know? I don't see this listed anywhere on my itinerary.

rsqrott Oct 25, 2019 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Craig Rowland (Post 31665896)

Did you fly Economy light, classic, delight, etc?
Also, did you have you skymiles # entered when you made the reservation?

flyerCO Oct 25, 2019 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Craig Rowland (Post 31665896)

What is the flight number on your receipt? Does it show KL4841, AF9904, DL4348, or VS105? Only DL4348 or VS105 earn, even though all are same flight.

Craig Rowland Oct 25, 2019 12:41 pm

Wish this site would let me upload a screen shot.

My Itineray has the following:

DL 4348
Operated by:Virgin Atlantic
Aircraft: Boeing 787Distance: 4782 miles

E-Ticket

Cabin: Premium Select (A)Meal: Lunch

Cabin: Premium Select (A)
Air Frequent Flyer Number:DL-XXXXXXXXX

flyerCO Oct 25, 2019 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by rsqrott (Post 31665923)
Did you fly Economy light, classic, delight, etc?
Also, did you have you skymiles # entered when you made the reservation?

The names have nothing to do with earning. Only the flight marketing and fare class matter.

flyerCO Oct 25, 2019 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Craig Rowland (Post 31665941)
Wish this site would let me upload a screen shot.

My Itineray has the following:

DL 4348
Operated by:Virgin Atlantic
Aircraft: Boeing 787Distance: 4782 miles

E-Ticket

Cabin: Premium Select (A)Meal: Lunch

Cabin: Premium Select (A)
Air Frequent Flyer Number:DL-XXXXXXXXX

This should earn based on $ spent (base fare plus carrier surcharges).

What does it show in the field for method of earning? Does it say, still processing?

Craig Rowland Oct 25, 2019 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 31665847)
How was the flight coded? If you booked it with an AF/KL code you don't earn. Only VS/DL coded VS operated flights earn.

Also did you upgrade? If so this causes a known issue. Flights get reported as being flown in G, which is a non-revenue (award) class. You'll need to contact DL to manually reprocess.

Perhaps that is the issue. I think I was upgraded. I was in a Premium seat I believe.

rsqrott Oct 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 31665942)
The names have nothing to do with earning. Only the flight marketing and fare class matter.

Yes. But the names can help to indicate the fare class if the OP doesn't know it.

Duke787 Oct 25, 2019 1:17 pm

When was your flight? Are we talking like 2 days ago or like 2 months ago?

Partner flights can take some time to post (even if on DL flight numbers, my recent ICN - BKK flight on KE metal but DL flight numbers took longer to post than my KE flight a week later on SIN - ICN). It will show as all 0's for a period of time and if you hover over the reason code it will say "still processing..."

Have you reached out to DL at all? There is a mileage request form on their website where you can upload ticket details including ticket number and a copy of the boarding pass if you have it -- alternatively you can call in, the folks on the phone will be able to do more than anyone on this forum can.

mayhem Oct 25, 2019 2:05 pm

There is no class (A) listed on delta's earn with miles; if you were upgraded from economy to premium you may show up now as an A but you booked into something else. You'll need to find that detailed reservation and send a request to get the miles per your original booking.

Very hard to find anything on google about VS' A class
http://v-flyer.com/toolbox_fare_codes.php?code=A would say that it doesn't exist

gregsfortytwo Oct 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by mayhem (Post 31666215)
There is no class (A) listed on delta's earn with miles; if you were upgraded from economy to premium you may show up now as an A but you booked into something else. You'll need to find that detailed reservation and send a request to get the miles per your original booking.

Very hard to find anything on google about VS' A class
http://v-flyer.com/toolbox_fare_codes.php?code=A would say that it doesn't exist

It’s listed as Premium Select on a DL flight number. It’s a Delta fare class and earns according to normal Delta rules.

i think it usually takes me about a week to get credit for VS flights? Can’t re,e,her for sure. In any case, either there was some system hiccup or more likely the OP is just impatient or got worried when the flight showed up in his Skymiles page but hadn’t updated to include the miles yet.