Wiki Posts
Search

Delta MQM Rollover Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Delta MQM Rollover Question

First time poster here. I have a question. I currently have 240k MQM this year with two international trips and several domestic trips scheduled, and will definitely have more than 250k at the end of this calendar year.

Will all my MQM's rollover for the next year? So basically, if I finish with 265k MQM, will I begin 2020 with 140k MQM? Or will I have diamond for the next two years with a rollover of 15k MQM? Is there any benefit to NOT hitting 250k MQM this year (essentially double diamond), like there can be benefits for not hitting lower thresholds and heading into the following year with more rollover?

Looking to the experts on this forum for any advice or tips, thanks so much
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ugadawgs200
First time poster here. I have a question. I currently have 240k MQM this year with two international trips and several domestic trips scheduled, and will definitely have more than 250k at the end of this calendar year.

Will all my MQM's rollover for the next year? So basically, if I finish with 265k MQM, will I begin 2020 with 140k MQM? Or will I have diamond for the next two years with a rollover of 15k MQM? Is there any benefit to NOT hitting 250k MQM this year (essentially double diamond), like there can be benefits for not hitting lower thresholds and heading into the following year with more rollover?

Providing you have qualified for DM (125K & $15K MQDs or AmEx Waiver), you will rollover anything over 125K.
You will only requal for Diamond for 2021 once you also hit the MQD spend or the AnEx waiver in 2020. It will not be automatic once your rollover posts unless you’ve already hit the MQD spend or AMEX waiver early in 2020.

If/when you requal for Diamond in 2020 for 2021, you’ll again rollover anything over 125K MQMs at the end of 2020. If you only qualified for a lower level status (say, Platinum) in 2020, going into 2021 you would rollover anything over 75K.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by ugadawgs200

There are 2 parts to accomplishing DM status. The 125,000 MQMs AND either non US residency OR $15,000 MQD OR the $250,000 AMEX waiver. If you accomplish this in 2019 then any MQMs over 125,000 will rollover. 2020 is a whole new ballgame and you will still need to requalify with non residency/$15,000 MQDs or $250,000 AMEX spend. Note that only the MQMs rollover NOT the $250,000 or $15,000. .
Old Oct 27, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Short answer. Hitting "double diamond" is 100% meaningless. You carry all over 125K.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe
Short answer. Hitting "double diamond" is 100% meaningless. You carry all over 125K.
Technically even if you hit 250,000 MQMs but don’t hit $3,000 MQD/$25k Amex or are a non-resident they all go down the drain. You must hit at least Silver for the MQM carryover. (One could possibly hit 250,000 MQM and zero MQD by only traveling on PWM tickets).
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Technically even if you hit 250,000 MQMs but don’t hit $3,000 MQD/$25k Amex or are a non-resident they all go down the drain. You must hit at least Silver for the MQM carryover. (One could possibly hit 250,000 MQM and zero MQD by only traveling on PWM tickets).
One could hit 250,000 MQM with $0 MQD by having lots of rollover from the previous year but no flights this year (and no AmEx spend to either MQMs or the waiver).
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
One could possibly hit 250,000 MQM and zero MQD by only traveling on PWM tickets.
Pardon me, but what do you mean by “PWM” tickets? That acronym is not in the FT Glossary and it appears that P, W, and M fares on Delta do earn MQD. (I’m not even entertaining the notion that ticketed Delta flight segments to Portland International Jetport are ineligible to earn MQD.)
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kale73
Pardon me, but what do you mean by “PWM” tickets? That acronym is not in the FT Glossary and it appears that P, W, and M fares on Delta do earn MQD. (I’m not even entertaining the notion that ticketed Delta flight segments to Portland International Jetport are ineligible to earn MQD.)
Pay with miles. An option for those with DL DL AMEX cards.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Originally Posted by kale73
Pay With Miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.