FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1990287-delta-app-5-x-opinions-feedback.html)

btonkid12345 Nov 20, 2019 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by eneq (Post 31760516)
I may be way behind the 8-ball on this one, but has anyone else noticed how the Virgin Atlantic app is almost the exact same as the Delta app? Same skin, just different colors.

DL owns 49% of virgin. Probably the same team developed the apps and just changed the colors...efficient ha

zulu1128 Nov 21, 2019 5:45 am

Originally Posted by emma dog (Post 31760459)
I wonder if they made the last seat map so bad to make us think the new one is soooooo good. :)

LOL...good point. It's still butt ugly, but at least it's readable now.

gooselee Nov 21, 2019 7:56 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345 (Post 31760643)
DL owns 49% of virgin. Probably the same team developed the apps and just changed the colors...efficient ha

This. Website is the exact same engine, too. Has been since soon after the DL stake.

rjack22 Nov 21, 2019 10:46 am

I have not yet received the update to 5.1. Is there anyway to force the update or do I just have to wait? I am on Android.

flyerCO Nov 21, 2019 10:49 am

Originally Posted by rjack22 (Post 31762522)
I have not yet received the update to 5.1. Is there anyway to force the update or do I just have to wait? I am on Android.

Load the Playstore. Search for DL app or go to the updates section. Either should have button to update

rjack22 Nov 21, 2019 11:29 am

The Playstore is not showing Fly Delta 5.1 as the current version. It is still 5.01. I guess I just have to wait.

flyerCO Nov 21, 2019 11:37 am

Originally Posted by rjack22 (Post 31762693)
The Playstore is not showing Fly Delta 5.1 as the current version. It is still 5.01. I guess I just have to wait.

Weird. The playstore is where I downloaded from yesterday and when I go in, it shows 5.1. I posted in another thread a screenshot from within the app showing 5.1.

Zorak Nov 21, 2019 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 31762733)
Weird. The playstore is where I downloaded from yesterday and when I go in, it shows 5.1. I posted in another thread a screenshot from within the app showing 5.1.

I don't know the details of publishing mobile apps but it wouldn't surprise me if updates are rolled out to users in stages either by the publisher or by Google or both. Guess I'll just keep checking back periodically :)

spongenotbob Nov 21, 2019 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31762846)
I don't know the details of publishing mobile apps but it wouldn't surprise me if updates are rolled out to users in stages either by the publisher or by Google or both. Guess I'll just keep checking back periodically :)

I had to uninstall the app, then re-download from the App Store, to get 5.1. Another iOS 13 bug probably...

Anyway, 5.1 is much better. Seems they might read this thread after all. Seat map is usable again.

Go Delta.

SkyTeam777 Nov 21, 2019 10:26 pm

Meal selection keeps erroring out on me

Gig103 Nov 24, 2019 12:04 pm

The silver on silver looks awful to me.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4fd2a3cc1e.jpg

mspdoc Nov 24, 2019 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer (Post 31758509)
You can now also pre-select meals in the app 21 days prior to departure.

Saw that too. I love that the preselect meal option is available in the app now, long overdue. But 21 days sounds pretty ambitious. Will be interesting to see if and/or how often the catering changes within T minus 3 weeks.

MCO Flyer Nov 24, 2019 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by mspdoc (Post 31773200)
Saw that too. I love that the preselect meal option is available in the app now, long overdue. But 21 days sounds pretty ambitious. Will be interesting to see if and/or how often the catering changes within T minus 3 weeks.

I don’t think this will be much of a problem. AA has been doing this for a few years now with no major issues and I believe they let you select meals up to 30 days prior to departure.

flyerCO Nov 24, 2019 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by mspdoc (Post 31773200)

Meals dont change that often with DL.

GagaPilot Nov 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Just some minor feedback regarding the new meal pre-select in the app: The app notes say the segment should be eligible to pre-select a meal at 21 days from "check-in." I can confirm that the more accurate statement is that meal selection becomes available at 21 days from "departure." This is even true on exception routes that do not list a meal being served, but one does actually occur. Example: SEA-ANC that departs after the dinner cutoff window. The "dinner" option is never listed, but a meal is always served. Sure enough, at 21 days from departure the option becomes available. Return portions of itineraries will become available as that individual segment hits the 21 day window.