FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1990287-delta-app-5-x-opinions-feedback.html)

Tine Rod Oct 6, 2019 9:43 pm

Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback

Am I the only one that thinks the visual presentation is horrendous? The SkyMiles tab is especially bad and the white space everywhere is really harsh on the eyes.

I am looking forward to the today page modifications however.

FYI - I知 on iOS .

No_Name Oct 6, 2019 9:47 pm

The font also seems to be on the small side , or maybe I'm just old. I've been getting the urge to tell people to get off my lawn and telling them they are going the wrong way in the grocery store aisle.

Tine Rod Oct 6, 2019 10:43 pm

Just checked out the seat map. A pale green now indicates your seat. Among the stark white background and the bright blue available seats, it is very difficult to see. The overall UI feels like wireframe the contrast is horrible.

TechMarauder Oct 7, 2019 2:58 am

I agree that the color contrast is horrendous. I sent a message to delta and I would suggest others do as well.

I thought the old colors worked just fine.

DLdweeb Oct 7, 2019 5:35 am

I agree the pale green color that indicates your assigned seat is a little tough to make out sometimes. Other than that, so far no complaints from me.

mnredfox Oct 7, 2019 6:37 am

Seat maps are a lot harder to understand, not as intuitive.

TSA agent complained how small the precheck logo was this am.

I知 not sure if I feel proud as a DM with a pink/fuschia screen. I値l go back to my green KM screen.

Tine Rod Oct 7, 2019 7:07 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 31601300)

I知 not sure if I feel proud as a DM with a pink/fuschia screen. I値l go back to my green KM screen.

I forgot about the color coding by status.

MCO Flyer Oct 7, 2019 9:16 am

It’s funny that the same time DL changes their app to almost an all white background, AA has added support for dark mode on iOS.

ElliottMB Oct 7, 2019 10:58 am

It looks a lot more like the Virgin Atlantic app (which I assume was developed/maintained by the same team due to the JV).

jdrtravel Oct 7, 2019 11:32 am

I actually kind of like it. It is similar to the website and that's a good thing IMO.

The Situation Oct 7, 2019 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Tine Rod (Post 31601368)
I forgot about the color coding by status.

I am sure the DYKWIA crowd is pleased with this change, but for the rest of us, its a little embarrassing and very difficult to read...even with young eyes:( Does Delta do focus groups before releasing these changes or do they just employ a bunch of yesmen that "ya, that looks good boss!"

DLASflyer Oct 7, 2019 11:41 am

I also like it. Clean and refined.

Tine Rod Oct 7, 2019 11:41 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel (Post 31602348)
I actually kind of like it. It is similar to the website and that's a good thing IMO.

This seems to be true only in the booking tab where I spend the least time.

zulu1128 Oct 7, 2019 12:21 pm

I'm pretty much okay with everything, except for the colors of the seat map. Those are simply heinous.

ATLflyer2017 Oct 7, 2019 12:37 pm

It is a bit bright but I like it. It's modern and clean. The data I need is easily accessible. It also doesn't take 5 minutes to load like AAs. Still an A+ in my book.

cmd320 Oct 7, 2019 1:06 pm

I don't mind it overall, I agree that the seat map contrast could be better. The one thing that really annoys me though is that you have to tap through 4 screens just to access the seat map. On the old app this was not the case.

Tine Rod Oct 8, 2019 11:41 pm

So it looks like they did a ninja edit to the booking tab. It痴 now white on blue background with the flight options broken up instead of a solid white page. 100x better. Hopefully they address the other shortfalls.

bsagator Oct 9, 2019 1:19 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 31601300)

I wish our boarding pass screen would flash at full brightness pink so everyone else knew a diamond was coming through, so this way I wont have to yell it as I push and shove my way through the unwashed lower tier medallions.

Duke787 Oct 9, 2019 3:43 am

I just got the update pushed to my Samsung this morning.

Looks awful -- everything bad about the new website has been replicated on the app

miamiflyer8 Oct 9, 2019 11:38 am

The old app worked fine. Wasted time to update the color scheme only, they should've done something useful like have your MM balance visible.

puck021 Oct 9, 2019 12:00 pm

It痴 seems to be about the same functionality as before but wow is that Pink bright. It may be a problem to find a brighter color for 360s

PurdueFlyer Oct 9, 2019 12:13 pm

WAY too much white space on every page.

dEagleS Oct 9, 2019 12:53 pm

Overall, I find the updates to be nagative. It's harder to quickly read the SKYMILES tab. The fonts are too small. And too much text in a small area.

Also, I don't understand why they didn't add the MM mileage amounts into the app.

MJonTravel Oct 9, 2019 1:01 pm

I don't mind it so much, but seems I have to do 2 clicks instead of just 1 to get to the details of my reservation now. It is a bit bright, but not annoyingly so....at least not for me.

richarddd Oct 9, 2019 1:32 pm

I can live with the color scheme and font. I don't see any meaningful change in function, but I probably don't use the app as much as most of you. Are any of the changes in function especially noteworthy?

HKG_Flyer1 Oct 9, 2019 2:59 pm

On iPhone 6S, the boarding pass QR code on the "Today" screen overlaps passenger name and boarding zone.

Tine Rod Oct 9, 2019 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd (Post 31610364)
I can live with the color scheme and font. I don't see any meaningful change in function, but I probably don't use the app as much as most of you. Are any of the changes in function especially noteworthy?

Supposedly the major change is to the today tab. I wont be able to test-drive for another couple weeks.

puck021 Oct 9, 2019 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Tine Rod (Post 31610862)
Supposedly the major change is to the today tab. I wont be able to test-drive for another couple weeks.

I maybe forgetting something, but other than the color change and the wait times tab, there doesn稚 seem to be that much different on there.

ajggiant Oct 9, 2019 6:22 pm

Despite my profile, I知 currently on probationary diamond status (via reclaim my status). On my morning CRJ flight (no first) the color is similar to the old app diamond, a slate blue although a bit more sky blue than the previous app. On my evening return in First, I just checked in and see the pink others have reported. Splitting hairs of elitism, is the color is based on status or class? These colors now carry over to Apple Wallet.

MCO Flyer Oct 9, 2019 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by ajggiant (Post 31611193)
Despite my profile, I知 currently on probationary diamond status (via reclaim my status). On my morning CRJ flight (no first) the color is similar to the old app diamond, a slate blue although a bit more sky blue than the previous app. On my evening return in First, I just checked in and see the pink others have reported. Splitting hairs of elitism, is the color is based on status or class? These colors now carry over to Apple Wallet.

The colors of the BP's are based on cabin now, not status.

flyerCO Oct 9, 2019 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 31602708)
I don't mind it overall, I agree that the seat map contrast could be better. The one thing that really annoys me though is that you have to tap through 4 screens just to access the seat map. On the old app this was not the case.

How so? I'm able to pull up seat maps exactly the same way.

I dont mind the new colors on the eBP. However they screwed up with the harsh white that everything else seem to be now.

mnbp Oct 9, 2019 7:48 pm

For me, the worst part of this update is the color codes for seats on the seat map - extremely hostile to those of us who have less than perfect color vision.

Xeno Oct 9, 2019 7:54 pm

I have not had time to worry about the colors because when I go to "My Trips" the app keeps trying to update now for over 2 days.

Will that cause me grief when I want to get eBP this weekend? I am able to see individual flights on the next week of travel.

cmd320 Oct 9, 2019 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 31611343)
How so? I'm able to pull up seat maps exactly the same way.

I dont mind the new colors on the eBP. However they screwed up with the harsh white that everything else seem to be now.

I used to only have to tap on the trip and there was an option for seat selection. Now I have to tap the trip once, tap it again, then choose seat selection. Is it a big deal? No not really. I知 just not sure why I have to tap the same trip two times before being taken to the menu. Seems redundant.

GagaPilot Oct 10, 2019 12:15 am

Not a fan either of the update - the app is now way too bright, text is small/difficult to read, and the colors are horrendous. I don't really see any added functionality, but won't be able to test the "today" page for another 2 weeks. I wasn't a fan of the website update either. In fact, I have been going to the old search page to book lately (by removing the "2" in the URL, thanks FT!). The new design is uncomfortable on the eyes and also very glitchy (had the CC processor error out multiple times the other night, switched to the old booking engine and worked great!). DL, if you are listening, the new app update is a fail.

Also, the cabins are color coded. On trips that are all Y or all F the colors work fine. But on reservations that are a mixture of cabin classes the color coded seat assignment block tends to switch colors randomly not reflecting the true cabin class.

Peatisback Oct 10, 2019 12:28 am

Too white, too bright, with text that is too small and difficult to read.

richarddd Oct 10, 2019 3:50 am

Are people who don't like the new version complaining to DL or leaving reviews in the play store or app store? Does DL read this forum?

zulu1128 Oct 10, 2019 6:33 am

New glitch - this morning the app returned an error when I was trying to add a boarding pass to the wallet.

Tine Rod Oct 10, 2019 10:17 am

Originally Posted by richarddd (Post 31612210)
Are people who don't like the new version complaining to DL or leaving reviews in the play store or app store? Does DL read this forum?

I sent feedback and link to thread to Twitter team

Dutch101 Oct 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Seatmaps not pulling up for an upcoming flight, working just fine on website....anyone else have these issues?