FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1990287-delta-app-5-x-opinions-feedback.html)

flyerCO Oct 9, 2019 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 31602708)
I don't mind it overall, I agree that the seat map contrast could be better. The one thing that really annoys me though is that you have to tap through 4 screens just to access the seat map. On the old app this was not the case.

How so? I'm able to pull up seat maps exactly the same way.

I dont mind the new colors on the eBP. However they screwed up with the harsh white that everything else seem to be now.

mnbp Oct 9, 2019 7:48 pm

For me, the worst part of this update is the color codes for seats on the seat map - extremely hostile to those of us who have less than perfect color vision.

Xeno Oct 9, 2019 7:54 pm

I have not had time to worry about the colors because when I go to "My Trips" the app keeps trying to update now for over 2 days.

Will that cause me grief when I want to get eBP this weekend? I am able to see individual flights on the next week of travel.

cmd320 Oct 9, 2019 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 31611343)
How so? I'm able to pull up seat maps exactly the same way.

I dont mind the new colors on the eBP. However they screwed up with the harsh white that everything else seem to be now.

I used to only have to tap on the trip and there was an option for seat selection. Now I have to tap the trip once, tap it again, then choose seat selection. Is it a big deal? No not really. I’m just not sure why I have to tap the same trip two times before being taken to the menu. Seems redundant.

GagaPilot Oct 10, 2019 12:15 am

Not a fan either of the update - the app is now way too bright, text is small/difficult to read, and the colors are horrendous. I don't really see any added functionality, but won't be able to test the "today" page for another 2 weeks. I wasn't a fan of the website update either. In fact, I have been going to the old search page to book lately (by removing the "2" in the URL, thanks FT!). The new design is uncomfortable on the eyes and also very glitchy (had the CC processor error out multiple times the other night, switched to the old booking engine and worked great!). DL, if you are listening, the new app update is a fail.

Also, the cabins are color coded. On trips that are all Y or all F the colors work fine. But on reservations that are a mixture of cabin classes the color coded seat assignment block tends to switch colors randomly not reflecting the true cabin class.

Peatisback Oct 10, 2019 12:28 am

Too white, too bright, with text that is too small and difficult to read.

richarddd Oct 10, 2019 3:50 am

Are people who don't like the new version complaining to DL or leaving reviews in the play store or app store? Does DL read this forum?

zulu1128 Oct 10, 2019 6:33 am

New glitch - this morning the app returned an error when I was trying to add a boarding pass to the wallet.

Tine Rod Oct 10, 2019 10:17 am

Originally Posted by richarddd (Post 31612210)
Are people who don't like the new version complaining to DL or leaving reviews in the play store or app store? Does DL read this forum?

I sent feedback and link to thread to Twitter team

Dutch101 Oct 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Seatmaps not pulling up for an upcoming flight, working just fine on website....anyone else have these issues?

DataPlumber Oct 10, 2019 9:11 pm

It still shows my itineraries from 2017 when i open it, and just as in previous versions I have to refresh to get my current list. Lipstick in a pig, imho.

Smaug Oct 11, 2019 11:19 am

Glitch for me... I am getting a FCM offer on the app for $74 for the entire trip for my next itinerary. When I go to purchase it, I discover that it is referring to one segment only and not the entire trip. The website shows the correct offer that it is only for one particular segment.

goldmedallionflyer Oct 12, 2019 9:50 am

on my iPhone it takes about a minute to open my itinerary, about twice as long as it used to.

My biggest grip is that it now takes over 6 minutes (you read that right SIX MINUTES!!) to open the seat map for a flight, even when I have two bars of cell coverage and am connected via Wi-Fi

I work in the software industry, and if I delivered this kind of 'performance enhancement' to one of my customers, I'd be out looking for a job right now

Zorak Oct 12, 2019 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by goldmedallionflyer (Post 31620687)
on my iPhone it takes about a minute to open my itinerary, about twice as long as it used to.

My biggest grip is that it now takes over 6 minutes (you read that right SIX MINUTES!!) to open the seat map for a flight, even when I have two bars of cell coverage and am connected via Wi-Fi

I work in the software industry, and if I delivered this kind of 'performance enhancement' to one of my customers, I'd be out looking for a job right now

Same on Android. "My Trips" frequently comes up alarmingly empty, and even when it doesn't (refreshing it can take a minute or more) tapping into an itinerary to view the details sometimes also takes 1-2 minutes before the info comes up.

Fortunately it does appear that once the info is loaded, it is locally cached for a while, but that cache also expires seemingly at random -- it would suck for this to happen as you were getting ready to board a flight. I'm going with screenshots or paper BPs (use the back side of old printouts of stuff to kill fewer trees)

From the outside looking in it seems like maybe whatever service provides itinerary info must be running slow/degraded, although the idea that DL's system is using a modern microservices architecture is fairly amusing.

hhdl Oct 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31621125)
From the outside looking in it seems like maybe whatever service provides itinerary info must be running slow/degraded, although the idea that DL's system is using a modern microservices architecture is fairly amusing.

Monolith all the way (probably J2EE). Singletons like there's no tomorrow.