FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1990287-delta-app-5-x-opinions-feedback.html)

wlau Nov 3, 2019 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by defrosted (Post 31696152)
You would think so, but I have no idea how. I thought somewhere you can choose how to be contacted.

The email notification is better. App notification has an issue with timezone! I almost never get notified of my return codeshare flight from Asia until I land in the US. The app has some serious issue with managing timezones. Email, on the other hand, is very accurate though I really don't want more emails...

steveholt Nov 3, 2019 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by demkr (Post 31693473)
Has anyone experienced problems checking in or viewing boarding pass on this new version? Extremely slow today.

I've had an issue where auto-checkin hasn't worked, but then when I reboot, I've successfully been checked in. Unfortunately, multiple times now, I've had the boarding pass viewable on my phone until T-60, at which point my phone says that it can't generate a boarding pass and I need to go to a kiosk or see a DL representative to get a boarding pass. I've now realized that I need to take a screenshot of the boarding pass to ensure it will still be viewable when I need it to be.

wlau Nov 4, 2019 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt (Post 31698695)
I've had an issue where auto-checkin hasn't worked, but then when I reboot, I've successfully been checked in. Unfortunately, multiple times now, I've had the boarding pass viewable on my phone until T-60, at which point my phone says that it can't generate a boarding pass and I need to go to a kiosk or see a DL representative to get a boarding pass. I've now realized that I need to take a screenshot of the boarding pass to ensure it will still be viewable when I need it to be.

I think the auto check-in is only for DL-operated flights and that it does not involve any other carrier. If I have a codeshare flight, the app notification says my BP is ready but when in fact I am not even checked in. The notification is not a real-time real-status update, it's a timed notification based on your flight schedule. For me, the auto check-in at 24hr til is useless as they can be...

wlau Nov 4, 2019 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt (Post 31698695)

I think the auto check-in is only for DL-operated flights and that it does not involve any other carrier. If I have a codeshare flight, the app notification says my BP is ready but when in fact I am not even checked in. The notification is not a real-time real-status update, it's a timed notification based on your flight schedule. For me, the auto check-in at 24hr til is useless as they can be...

richarddd Nov 4, 2019 2:54 pm

How do you turn on auto-checkin?

Tine Rod Nov 4, 2019 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd (Post 31701083)
How do you turn on auto-checkin?

I thought it couldn’t be toggled

richarddd Nov 4, 2019 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tine Rod (Post 31701334)
I thought it couldn’t be toggled

"Auto check-in is generally available to customers with domestic-only itineraries who already have a seat assignment or are auto-assigned a seat at check-in." https://news.delta.com/delta-introdu...elta-app-users

There's my problem - no recent domestic-only itineraries.

Tine Rod Nov 4, 2019 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd (Post 31701675)
"Auto check-in is generally available to customers with domestic-only itineraries who already have a seat assignment or are auto-assigned a seat at check-in." https://news.delta.com/delta-introdu...elta-app-users

There's my problem - no recent domestic-only itineraries.

I’ve auto checked in on all my international outbound trips . Returning however had been hit or miss. My seats are always confirmed.

richarddd Nov 4, 2019 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Tine Rod (Post 31701730)
I’ve auto checked in on all my international outbound trips . Returning however had been hit or miss. My seats are always confirmed.

Interesting. I've flown a bunch of international recently and the app has never auto checked me in. Confirmed seats and verified passport. Plus the language I quoted seems to say it's only for domestic trips. I just get emails that it's time to check-in. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Tine Rod Nov 5, 2019 4:18 am

Originally Posted by richarddd (Post 31701756)
Interesting. I've flown a bunch of international recently and the app has never auto checked me in. Confirmed seats and verified passport. Plus the language I quoted seems to say it's only for domestic trips. I just get emails that it's time to check-in. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Correction to previous statement. Hit or miss on international return is with ability to check in on app at all, not auto check in.

gooselee Nov 5, 2019 12:46 pm

To clarify, what DL advertises as "automatic check-in" is not actually automatic or automated. User intervention is still necessary to actually check in.

All the app does is give you a different prompt when you launch the app and are within T-24 - a box pops up, you click acknowledge, enter/confirm passport info if needed, and then are checked in. You still need to actually launch the app and go through the steps after you're in the check-in window.

jmj10 Nov 5, 2019 1:36 pm

Is meal pre-select available on the app yet?

zulu1128 Nov 5, 2019 1:57 pm

Still hoping that they fix that damn seat map soon. :td:

ijgordon Nov 5, 2019 2:06 pm

I didn't get boarding notifications on either of my two flights this past weekend. :td:

I don't think I got any flight status notifications from the app, now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure I got the auto-check-in notification though, because I had a problem generating my boarding pass - turns out the app wasn't handling the daylight saving time change properly! (But I was able to get the BP at T-25h from the regular website...)

My app notifications are definitely enabled in iOS Settings, but I don't see anywhere in the Fly Delta app itself where you can enable/disable them.

richarddd Nov 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 31601300)
Seat maps are a lot harder to understand, not as intuitive.

TSA agent complained how small the precheck logo was this am.

I’m not sure if I feel proud as a DM with a pink/fuschia screen. I’ll go back to my green KM screen.

Could precheck, sky priority or intl - verify passport be much smaller?

Remind me what "passport information verified by delta" in my profile means.