FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1990287-delta-app-5-x-opinions-feedback.html)

gooselee Oct 19, 2019 9:06 pm

One interesting thing I noticed tonight. It takes forever to load flight details within a PNR (and therefore get to seat map, gate info, etc). However after I've waited out for one to load, going into another PNR loads very quickly. It's almost as if the long loading time is because the app is trying to load data for all PNRs at once which is what's taking so long.

Of course, the data doesn't stay cached after you close out of the app...so you have to rinse and repeat every time.

wlau Oct 19, 2019 9:38 pm

I just came back from an international RT - the day of my outbound flight was the day my phone autoupdated to v5. It's ridiculously slow and buggy that the software engineering Dev and QA leads should be demoted for releasing this. This is by far the worst app update from DL in a long time. @gooselee is right! Everything, including PNR, take a long time to load, as if nothing is ever cached! "Today" tab is not working well at all, I'd have to go to "My Delta" -> "My Trips' to bring up the active flight and since I have a lot of booking, it takes FOREVER!

Delta has or use terrible/inexperienced app developers:

1) the developers still have not learn how to use proper APIs to overwrite screen auto-brightness control when displaying your boarding pass barcode. I have my phone on the dimmer setting to save battery. Most other apps that need to display barcodes or QR codes know how to overwrite that control and set to brighter setting for more efficient scanning, but apparently, Delta software developer hasn't learn that API.

2) at version 5, they still do not support Android App Shortcut APIs, so you can bring up frequently used function like display boarding pass without launching the app. All of Delta's competitors support this with their apps.

Pianoman109876 Oct 20, 2019 9:45 am

My app has crashed 38 times this morning. Multiple restarts, failed logins...it’s a joke.

reinstalled the app, reset my phone, everything is updated, it is just .....

Zorak Oct 27, 2019 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31621125)
Same on Android. "My Trips" frequently comes up alarmingly empty, and even when it doesn't (refreshing it can take a minute or more) tapping into an itinerary to view the details sometimes also takes 1-2 minutes before the info comes up.

This seems much better these last few days.

bubbashow Oct 27, 2019 9:57 am

I do not like the visual presentation of the Seat map. I have a really hard time seeing where my seat is located and what else is available. The colors could certainly be much more vibrant.

Repooc17 Oct 27, 2019 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31671032)
This seems much better these last few days.

It has been worse on this end. I have observed after scanning the boarding pass by the gate, or at the lounge, the itinerary goes away temporarily. Running the latest Android Delta app.

Originally Posted by bubbashow (Post 31671060)
I do not like the visual presentation of the Seat map. I have a really hard time seeing where my seat is located and what else is available. The colors could certainly be much more vibrant.

Agreed. Graphics are kinda amateurish in an otherwise (mostly) competent app. Much better in this regard on the previous version(s).

aquamarinesteph Oct 27, 2019 5:27 pm

There is not enough contrast for me. I'm used to seeing this on other sites, but this is the first time I've had this problem with the Delta app. If I didn't KNOW to click on certain spaces, I'd never guess to do it with what I can currently see. I know that I have color contrast issues. That's on me, but it would be nice if developers took into account that such problems exist and offer an alternative - esp on a transportation app.

defrosted Oct 28, 2019 11:30 am

On my Galaxy S10 some of the text rolls into the "edge" and it is hard to read. Don't have a similar problem on any other apps.

Zorak Oct 29, 2019 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 31671201)
It has been worse on this end.

Yeah, it's back to being awful for me today. Well, it was nice while it lasted.

wlau Oct 30, 2019 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876 (Post 31648041)
My app has crashed 38 times this morning. Multiple restarts, failed logins...it’s a joke.

reinstalled the app, reset my phone, everything is updated, it is just .....

Same for me!!! Shutting down the app, reboot or clearing cache does not solve the problem. I had to data-reset the app. It appears some type of data corruption during use can cause the app to stuck in a crash loop. What a joke! Does Delta understand or have software QA people working for them?

demkr Nov 2, 2019 9:35 am

Has anyone experienced problems checking in or viewing boarding pass on this new version? Extremely slow today.

bretthexum Nov 2, 2019 9:37 am

Originally Posted by demkr (Post 31693473)
Has anyone experienced problems checking in or viewing boarding pass on this new version? Extremely slow today.

yeah, my boarding pass for tomorrow isn't showing up at all

demkr Nov 2, 2019 9:38 am

Originally Posted by bretthexum (Post 31693476)
yeah, my boarding pass for tomorrow isn't showing up at all

Yep I keep hitting view boarding pass and it'll take me to a "Your trip is in 0 days" page. The other problem I keep having is when refreshing the flight info page it seems to take upwards of minutes to fully refresh and update.

Checked in on the web and then had them text me a mobile bp which I added to Wallet on iOS. Guess that'll be the workaround until this gets fixed.

slobass Nov 3, 2019 4:35 am

Is it possible to just receive Flight Status updates in the App? I’m on iOS & currently get a push notification from the App, a text message, and an e-mail seconds after one another.

According to Delta’s twitter support, it’s not possible - but wanted to doublecheck with the FT experts.

defrosted Nov 3, 2019 6:00 am

Originally Posted by slobass (Post 31695962)
Is it possible to just receive Flight Status updates in the App? I’m on iOS & currently get a push notification from the App, a text message, and an e-mail seconds after one another.

According to Delta’s twitter support, it’s not possible - but wanted to doublecheck with the FT experts.

You would think so, but I have no idea how. I thought somewhere you can choose how to be contacted.