Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta / LATAM Partnership (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta / LATAM Partnership (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Latam has always had cheaper J fares.
Not true to/from the USA.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Not true to/from the USA.
In general they are. I book JFK-AKL/SYD via SCL frequently due to prices. To Europe/JNB is generally always cheap. Only places I've noticed them overpriced is on some routes to neighboring countries.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
In general they are. I book JFK-AKL/SYD via SCL frequently due to prices. To Europe/JNB is generally always cheap. Only places I've noticed them overpriced is on some routes to neighboring countries.
What is a typical "good" price for them on this route?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
LATAM has a more comparable product for DL. Gol is more a “basic economy” airline and if somebody has bought a Delta One fare, they do not want a GOL segment of their flight in basic economy. GOL does have a uograde economy section but it’s never going to be equivalent to LATAM’s first class. In terms of finding a regional partner with equivalent classes ofcservice GOL was never a good fit,

RC
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by angra
What is a typical "good" price for them on this route?
In past I've paid approx US$1800-2000 for J cabin RT. You normally could even book stopovers along the way. You had to connect via SCL, but could also connect via their other hubs. (I normally just did one stop at SCL)
angra likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
In past I've paid approx US$1800-2000 for J cabin RT. You normally could even book stopovers along the way. You had to connect via SCL, but could also connect via their other hubs. (I normally just did one stop at SCL)
Thanks - that's a very appealing trip for an MQD run
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by angra
Thanks - that's a very appealing trip for an MQD run
Which is why I think the MQD earnings are lower than most Group 1 airlines.
angra likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
LATAM has a more comparable product for DL. Gol is more a “basic economy” airline and if somebody has bought a Delta One fare, they do not want a GOL segment of their flight in basic economy. GOL does have a uograde economy section but it’s never going to be equivalent to LATAM’s first class. In terms of finding a regional partner with equivalent classes ofcservice GOL was never a good fit,

RC
LATAM does not have business class on narrowbody aircraft either. The widebodies only fly long haul and on some hub to hub routes. GOL's inflight/ground product is widely considered to be superior. The LATAM advantage is breadth of network not its service.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
West coast USA to deep South America does not have such pleasure. Fares usually match DL/AA/UA.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Im looking forward to a Delta/LATAM flight to Santiago and then to Easter island. LATAM looks to have daily flights to IPC from SCL. Its about a 6 hour flight to the Island. That would be my plan for a mileage run, but flights in May just to SCL are running about $4000!
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Duke787
Did this deal officially close? When it was announced the PR stated "Delta will invest $1.9 billion for a 20 percent stake in LATAM through a public tender offer at $16 per share, to be funded principally with newly issued debt and available cash."

Given the change in climate wonder if this actually occurred or was slated to occur and will be delayed. LATAM itself is now worth less than $1.9B (a 20% stake is now worth ~$380M) and of course DL has dropped significantly in value and now has a market cap of ~$14B.

EDIT: Nevermind just found the SEC filing it was completed in January
Talk about poor timing, or great timing for LATAM...
Duke787 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Anyone know if today's pre-announced date of full partnership beginning today is actually happening? I was looking at IPC flights and the DL website still says:

"Note for LA 842, LA 841 : These flights are operated by a non-partnered airline and you will not earn miles, credit toward Medallion status or receive Medallion Benefits on this flight."

Totally understandable but I'm hoping that eventually this will change?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:04 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Anyone know if today's pre-announced date of full partnership beginning today is actually happening? I was looking at IPC flights and the DL website still says:

"Note for LA 842, LA 841 : These flights are operated by a non-partnered airline and you will not earn miles, credit toward Medallion status or receive Medallion Benefits on this flight."

I following along about IPC routes as well...I am attempting to make bookings but get the same message. Im hoping Delta IT folks flick the switch on this one. Its makes for a great mileage run...
Old Apr 4, 2020, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kyushuman

I'm betting no one even realizes this needs to be changed.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I'm betting no one even realizes this needs to be changed.
Interestingly, on April 1st it showed about 15K MQMs (correct for MSP-ATL-SCL) but now is showing 23K, so the MQMs for LATAM are showing up in the delta.com's MQM calculations, but the above message is still there.
I agree, not crucial in this time of craziness, but still a data point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.