Delta Vacations 2cpm

Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Delta Vacations 2cpm

Delta Vacations appears to be doing a deal where you can redeem miles at 2cpm towards a vacation package. This seems like it would net some pretty good deals pretty quickly, as many people here like to joke that the 2cpm alcohol redemption rate at the SC is the best redemption.

Has anyone found any good deals so far? The site is a bit dreadful to use but Ive found at least SFO/JFK for ~100k miles RT in D1, which could be worse.
bloc0102 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Also, airfare appears to earn at the typical exception fare rate regardless of how you pay, which could make this even better. In business class you will earn 150% RDM / 30% MQD.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
With This Exclusive Deal, Now Is The Time To Try A Delta Vacations Package

Your dream getaway is now in reach. For this week only, miles are worth double with Delta Vacations when you book any vacation package. Now, $1,000 towards a vacation package costs 50,000 miles instead of 100,000 miles.

Delta Vacations Terms and Conditions.
  • When you book between August 26 30, 2019, your Delta miles with the SkyMiles Program are worth double (compared to the standard Delta Vacations miles redemption offer) when you use them towards the purchase of any Delta Vacations flight and hotel package from any Delta Vacations origin in the U.S. or Canada to any Delta Vacations destination, for travel anytime. Example: Example: 50,000 miles normally = $500. With the promotion 50,000 miles = $1000 off your flight and hotel package. Offer expires August 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM Eastern time.
  • Minimum 2-night hotel stay required.
  • Offer is redeemable up to 999,999 miles on flight and hotel packages to any Delta Vacations destination.
  • To review rules for Delta Vacations miles redemption, please visit deltavacations.com/milestogo.
  • Offer is not retroactive, and is not available on prior reservations. Must be purchased through Delta Vacations via delta.com/vacations or the customer engagement center: 1-800-800-1504. World Agent Direct bookings are not eligible.
  • Programs and availability may vary. Delta Vacations air reservations may be made up to 331 days in advance of flight departure.
  • Delta Vacations must issue all airline tickets.
  • Standard Terms and Conditions apply.
  • Delta Vacations is the final authority on the interpretation of these rules and reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
  • Offer is not valid with gift cards, Ski packages, Dive packages, Globus family of brands including Globus, Cosmos, Monograms, and Avalon, other discounts or special status fares (such as companion, agency/industry discount, web fares, senior fares child rates), or for groups of 10 or more.
  • Only one SkyMiles account number allowed per reservation.
  • If you cancel your reservation, miles will not be redeposited into your SkyMiles account. The SkyMiles account holder will receive a Delta Vacations voucher for the value of the miles at the time of they were applied to the booking as payment.
  • All SkyMiles Program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. To review the rules for Delta Vacations miles redemption, please visit deltavacations.com/milestogo. Delta Vacations airfares will earn Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs -U.S.-based members only) based on fare class and distance flown. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion Status or Million Miler Status. Offers void where prohibited by law. Offers subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond / Delta Plat
Is this targeted?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtsublueraider
Is this targeted?
The notification might be but the 2cpm value shows up for me even when logged out.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Probably the next best value redemption for Skymiles, after domestic Canadian WestJet flights.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond / Delta Plat
Originally Posted by dlflyer00

The notification might be but the 2cpm value shows up for me even when logged out.
yeah just tried a mock booking too and it worked for me. Too bad you cant do hotel only. I know that wouldnt make sense to not force a flight but thatd be a steal on some driveable locations
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:51 pm

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
I see great deals to Buenos Aires. But the dollar discount given by the SkyMiles does not subtract from the total cash due the way it's supposed to, which makes me very reluctant to purchase. I think it may be a website bug. I was trying to do a very near date, so the 24 hour hold wasn't an option.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
With This Exclusive Deal, Now Is The Time To Try A Delta Vacations Package

Your dream getaway is now in reach. For this week only, miles are worth double with Delta Vacations when you book any vacation package. Now, $1,000 towards a vacation package costs 50,000 miles instead of 100,000 miles.

Delta Vacations Terms and Conditions.
  • When you book between August 26 – 30, 2019, your Delta miles with the SkyMiles Program are worth double (compared to the standard Delta Vacations miles redemption offer) when you use them towards the purchase of any Delta Vacations flight and hotel package from any Delta Vacations origin in the U.S. or Canada to any Delta Vacations destination, for travel anytime. Example: Example: 50,000 miles normally = $500. With the promotion 50,000 miles = $1000 off your flight and hotel package. Offer expires August 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM Eastern time.
  • Minimum 2-night hotel stay required.
  • Offer is redeemable up to 999,999 miles on flight and hotel packages to any Delta Vacations destination.
  • To review rules for Delta Vacations miles redemption, please visit deltavacations.com/milestogo.
  • Offer is not retroactive, and is not available on prior reservations. Must be purchased through Delta Vacations via delta.com/vacations or the customer engagement center: 1-800-800-1504. World Agent Direct bookings are not eligible.
  • Programs and availability may vary. Delta Vacations air reservations may be made up to 331 days in advance of flight departure.
  • Delta Vacations must issue all airline tickets.
  • Standard Terms and Conditions apply.
  • Delta Vacations is the final authority on the interpretation of these rules and reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
  • Offer is not valid with gift cards, Ski packages, Dive packages, Globus family of brands including Globus, Cosmos, Monograms, and Avalon, other discounts or special status fares (such as companion, agency/industry discount, web fares, senior fares child rates), or for groups of 10 or more.
  • Only one SkyMiles account number allowed per reservation.
  • If you cancel your reservation, miles will not be redeposited into your SkyMiles account. The SkyMiles account holder will receive a Delta Vacations voucher for the value of the miles at the time of they were applied to the booking as payment.
  • All SkyMiles Program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. To review the rules for Delta Vacations miles redemption, please visit deltavacations.com/milestogo. Delta Vacations airfares will earn Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs -U.S.-based members only) based on fare class and distance flown. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion Status or Million Miler™ Status. Offers void where prohibited by law. Offers subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Got the email. An enormous amount of legalese and conditions in it. Wonder how many proofs and iterations of the e-mail there were belore being blasted.

Sounds like a good deal overall.

Last edited by apodo77; Aug 26, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
I almost did a booking but want to research hotel options further.
I think the flights I was looking at booked into U/Q -I assume these earn MQMs /RDMs?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BostonGuy
I see great deals to Buenos Aires. But the dollar discount given by the SkyMiles does not subtract from the total cash due the way it's supposed to, which makes me very reluctant to purchase. I think it may be a website bug. I was trying to do a very near date, so the 24 hour hold wasn't an option.
You have to get to the last page to see it apply the miles / discount... I entered a number and saw nothing change on the preceding pages until I noticed a note to that effect.

In any event... Ive pulled the trigger on a weekend trip to HNL in first class (Z). If all goes as expected and what appears to be written, MQD should ring in a bit under $2500 for payment of 100k miles and about $30.... If not, Ill have a nice weekend and lie flat seats over the pacific...
apodo77 and bloc0102 like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I was looking for different options in November and ran into this promotion. IAD-CDG for 2 adults including 4 nights of hotel for less than 90K. Not bad in my opinion.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I was looking for different options in November and ran into this promotion. IAD-CDG for 2 adults including 4 nights of hotel for less than 90K. Not bad in my opinion.
In Y or J? Roundtrip or OW?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
In Y or J? Roundtrip or OW?
RT in Y. Also could do JFK-CDG in Y and CDG-IAD in W + 4 hotel nights for around 90K as well (had to call to get a multi-city quote). Yesterday the same was $1760 or 176K miles.
bloc0102 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:45 am

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by brkandjfk

You have to get to the last page to see it apply the miles / discount... I entered a number and saw nothing change on the preceding pages until I noticed a note to that effect.

WARNING: This was not the case for me. I applied the 192,500 miles using the box / button you see to the right and it said it would deduct $3850 from my purchase price. It had the same note in fine print that you saw, that that the deduction would occur at time of purchase.

But when I hit the Purchase button, it DID NOT USE THE MILES. Despite the fact that the 192,500 miles application was still visible at the top of the page, It charged the entire $3900 to my American Express card, for a nonrefundable trip this weekend.

Clearly a website snafu.

I have called Delta Vacations and a customer service agent has said that they will ask accounting to reverse the charges, but it won't come off my card for 7 to 10 days. Extremely inconvenient. She was unable to provide a confirmation number but has said that she will send me an email to confirm our conversation. I am frustrated.

Just received email:

"Hi BostonGuy,

I processed a payment in skymiles for $3850.00. I have requested our accounting department reverse the credit balance on your ax…#*** for the $3850.00. You should see the reversal on your credit card statement in 7-10 days.

Thank you for doing business with Delta Vacations,

Sandy"

I would feel more comfortable with a confirmation number or something, but at least I have this.

Last edited by BostonGuy; Aug 27, 2019 at 12:52 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.