Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Vacations 2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
Can anyone speak from experience if the hotel you choose will earn points/night credits?

Generally no. I know you don’t earn at Hilton or Marriott

if your nervous about it not crediting the miles to reduce your cost generally on the vacation packages there is a 24 hour hold. Put it on hold, call and get an agent to credit your miles and take the credit card payment
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Hilton doesnt give any credit if you book via third party. Doesn't matter if its paid or not.
"Third-party" isn't easily defined by Hilton though. It isn't like you have to go to Hilton.com to book.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter

yes. But only if you call. They took that booking option off the website for some reason. What I’ve done is put something on hold, called and had them adjust the hotel dates.
Originally Posted by bloc0102
You can also book multi-city by calling. Booked MSP-EDI, LHR-MSP with three nights hotel (will use other points for the other nights) for 142k for two! Flights alone were pricing at 97k +$177 each.
Thanks for the replies.

I am looking to book an open jaw LAX-LHR/DUB-LAX week long itinerary. Can those 2 hotel nights be booked for anytime during the duration of the trip? Want night 3 and 4 in Dublin in order to fulfill the requirement of a 2 night stay. Will then find my own hotels for the other nights. Furthermore, if I instead return from SNN, is it still possible to book those 2 nights in Dublin even though it won't be an arrival/departure point?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter

Generally no. I know you don’t earn at Hilton or Marriott

if your nervous about it not crediting the miles to reduce your cost generally on the vacation packages there is a 24 hour hold. Put it on hold, call and get an agent to credit your miles and take the credit card payment
Pretty sure you won't earn at Hyatt either.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by indufan
"Third-party" isn't easily defined by Hilton though. It isn't like you have to go to Hilton.com to book.
It is clearly defined by Hilton. You needed to book via Hilton website, phone, app or have it booked by an IATA agent directly via an approved GDS.

Reservations booked through a non-Hilton Worldwide-direct booking channel or a non-designated GDS, third party website or any other channel,
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by B747forever
Thanks for the replies.

I am looking to book an open jaw LAX-LHR/DUB-LAX week long itinerary. Can those 2 hotel nights be booked for anytime during the duration of the trip? Want night 3 and 4 in Dublin in order to fulfill the requirement of a 2 night stay. Will then find my own hotels for the other nights. Furthermore, if I instead return from SNN, is it still possible to book those 2 nights in Dublin even though it won't be an arrival/departure point?
When I called there was a 3 night minimum for Europe. They can be booked any time during the trip and do not need to be in the same city.

Edit to answer your last question: I do believe they'll be able to book the hotel in Dublin even if you don't have a flight there. Since Dublin is a big city, that shouldn't be an issue. Where I ran into an issue was trying to book a hotel in Bath, UK. It's a little cumbersome to try and find hotels online, it seems you can only search cities that have Skyteam flights
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:24 pm

When I called there was a 3 night minimum for Europe. They can be booked any time during the trip and do not need to be in the same city.

Edit to answer your last question: I do believe they'll be able to book the hotel in Dublin even if you don't have a flight there. Since Dublin is a big city, that shouldn't be an issue. Where I ran into an issue was trying to book a hotel in Bath, UK. It's a little cumbersome to try and find hotels online, it seems you can only search cities that have Skyteam flights
Thanks! I just wish one could do all this online instead of going through an agent.

According to the terms and conditions it is a 2 night minimum. Made a dummy booking and it indeed works with just 2 nights in Europe.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by B747forever
Thanks! I just wish one could do all this online instead of going through an agent.

According to the terms and conditions it is a 2 night minimum. Made a dummy booking and it indeed works with just 2 nights in Europe.
I agree with your interpretation of the terms and was surprised to hear 3 nights by two agents, but did not argue due to the value I was getting. When actually making my booking, after making the second night reservation, she said she'd need a third night.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is clearly defined by Hilton. You needed to book via Hilton website, phone, app or have it booked by an IATA agent directly via an approved GDS.
The public has no clue what being booked "by an IATA agency directly via an approved GDS" means.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP
Originally Posted by cnn
I’m wondering about this: If you cancel your reservation, miles will not be redeposited into your SkyMiles account. The SkyMiles account holder will receive a Delta Vacations voucher for the value of the miles at the time of they were applied to the booking as payment.
Is there an opportunity here: can we book now, then cancel later and get a voucher?

I'm told, if you cancel "same day" you get a voucher for booked value. I didn't ask about expiration time on voucher.
cnn likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by indufan
The public has no clue what being booked "by an IATA agency directly via an approved GDS" means.
Its defines the GDSs in their terms. Bottom line Hilton does clearly tell you where and where not you can book.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its defines the GDSs in their terms. Bottom line Hilton does clearly tell you where and where not you can book.
We will just have to disagree on just what defines "clearly" in this case.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:50 pm
cnn

Cancelation policy?

You can also book multi-city by calling. Booked MSP-EDI, LHR-MSP with three nights hotel (will use other points for the other nights) for 142k for two! Flights alone were pricing at 97k +$177 each.
Hi, since you already booked a package, could you please check the details for cancellation: fees, voucher, expiration date of voucher? Thank you!
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:09 pm

Looked at using this promotion for a trip to Orlando over Thanksgiving 2019. Flights for 3 (RDU-MCO) plus 6 nights at a hotel (Sheraton Vistana) and 6 day car rental all for ~84k points ($1678). The flights alone would be 72k, so I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal. The Vistana was one of the better non-resort or parking fee options I could find. I put it on hold for 24hrs while I look at other options.
indufan and bloc0102 like this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by xychromosome
Looked at using this promotion for a trip to Orlando over Thanksgiving 2019. Flights for 3 (RDU-MCO) plus 6 nights at a hotel (Sheraton Vistana) and 6 day car rental all for ~84k points ($1678). The flights alone would be 72k, so I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal. The Vistana was one of the better non-resort or parking fee options I could find. I put it on hold for 24hrs while I look at other options.
We used to have a timeshare at Vistana. Overall nice property, but depends on which subdevelopment as some are far newer than others. Did/can they tell you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.