Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Vacations 2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:54 am

Is it possible to book a hotel stay for just part of the trip? Just want to book the minimum 2 nights and then get a hotel somewhere else.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by B747forever
Is it possible to book a hotel stay for just part of the trip? Just want to book the minimum 2 nights and then get a hotel somewhere else.

yes. But only if you call. They took that booking option off the website for some reason. What I’ve done is put something on hold, called and had them adjust the hotel dates.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter

yes. But only if you call. They took that booking option off the website for some reason. What I’ve done is put something on hold, called and had them adjust the hotel dates.
You can also book multi-city by calling. Booked MSP-EDI, LHR-MSP with three nights hotel (will use other points for the other nights) for 142k for two! Flights alone were pricing at 97k +$177 each.
cnn likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM / MM Ex UA & US Gold Starwood & Hilton Gold
We have an existing reservation with Delta Vacations with the final payment due in October. My question is can this promotion be applied to our existing reservation ?
Safe Travels,
JA
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JA610
We have an existing reservation with Delta Vacations with the final payment due in October. My question is can this promotion be applied to our existing reservation ?
Safe Travels,
JA
See the T&C's posted above --

"Offer is not retroactive, and is not available on prior reservations"
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by JA610
Safe Travels,
JA
Terms say no:
  • Offer is not retroactive, and is not available on prior reservations. Must be purchased through Delta Vacations via delta.com/vacations or the customer engagement center: 1-800-800-1504. World Agent Direct bookings are not eligible.
Guessing you'll lose too much cancelling the existing reservation to make it worth it.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:15 pm
cnn

Cancelation?

I’m wondering about this: If you cancel your reservation, miles will not be redeposited into your SkyMiles account. The SkyMiles account holder will receive a Delta Vacations voucher for the value of the miles at the time of they were applied to the booking as payment.
Is there an opportunity here: can we book now, then cancel later and get a voucher?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I can't use this right now but I encourage everyone to do it if they can! That way DL Vacations sees it as a success and runs a similar promo in the future.
JBJ2435 and bloc0102 like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cnn
I’m wondering about this: If you cancel your reservation, miles will not be redeposited into your SkyMiles account. The SkyMiles account holder will receive a Delta Vacations voucher for the value of the miles at the time of they were applied to the booking as payment.
Is there an opportunity here: can we book now, then cancel later and get a voucher?
I wouldn't risk that ambiguity.

There are some pretty good deals to be had out there. I have been lazy booking my Christmas vacation and this will probably be the time to take care of that.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL DM
Will be keeping an eye here if anyone tracks down solid Mileage Runs bookable this way ^
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
Will be keeping an eye here if anyone tracks down solid Mileage Runs bookable this way ^
With the min hotel stay, I wonder how quick of a turn they'd let you make.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Best I can find so far is competitive prices for ski season, LAX to SLC, with a throwaway hotel.

But it's not off-the-charts amazing. And I lose the ability to cancel.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bloc0102
With the min hotel stay, I wonder how quick of a turn they'd let you make.
If I’m doing a SIN or HKG run, 2 days there’s not so bad. Always looking for ways to convert RDMs to MQMs.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL DM +Reserve; Amex Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; National EE
Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on applying a RUC/GUC to flights booked through Delta Vacations?
josephstern likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Best I can find so far is competitive prices for ski season, LAX to SLC, with a throwaway hotel.

But it's not off-the-charts amazing. And I lose the ability to cancel.
In the terms it omits ski packages, not sure what that means.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.