Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Vacations 2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:15 am

Greg posted on this today: https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...lta-vacations/

Very difficult decision for me. While I don't plan on using MR for this, I have 168K skypesos and Delta being jerks about any reasonable J redemptions anymore. Very tempted to do it, but also setting on a ton of hotel points which is how I would use them.....
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Greg posted on this today: https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...lta-vacations/

Very difficult decision for me. While I don't plan on using MR for this, I have 168K skypesos and Delta being jerks about any reasonable J redemptions anymore. Very tempted to do it, but also setting on a ton of hotel points which is how I would use them.....
If you call, you can get a hotel for just the minimum required. IE book a 10 day vacation, but hotel for only 2 nights. When i called they stated 2 night min for CONUS, 3 night Europe, 4 night Asia.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: WN A+/CP
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan

so when i cancelled one today with 24 hours, i was told the miles would be returned. There was no option for a voucher. The one I cancelled yesterday did not receive miles or voucher yet. If you had trip protection, you would get a voucher.

Edit: Received mileage refund for cancellation today. Still no voucher or miles from the one yesterday.
cnn likes this.

Last edited by Calboy9903; Aug 29, 2019 at 10:41 am
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by bloc0102
If you call, you can get a hotel for just the minimum required. IE book a 10 day vacation, but hotel for only 2 nights. When i called they stated 2 night min for CONUS, 3 night Europe, 4 night Asia.
Exactly what I came to this trhead to see if anyone else had this experience.

I'm looking to book a trip to UAE, and my departing flight is at 1240AM (only option to depart my destination)...however, I'm being charged for that last night room...I'd rather not pay for the room, use existing hotel status for late checkout, then figure it out after (leave bags in hotel or something similar)...will likely be transferring MR later today and call in tomorrow.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:16 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by theranj
Exactly what I came to this trhead to see if anyone else had this experience.

I'm looking to book a trip to UAE, and my departing flight is at 1240AM (only option to depart my destination)...however, I'm being charged for that last night room...I'd rather not pay for the room, use existing hotel status for late checkout, then figure it out after (leave bags in hotel or something similar)...will likely be transferring MR later today and call in tomorrow.
Keep in mind that you are not entitled to any hotel elite benefits on the hotel booking that comes with your package. If you're planning to throw away the hotel that comes with your package and book something else then you'd be fine, but if you're booking a Marriott or Hyatt or whatever with your package, they're not required to honor your elite status. It's possible the hotel may do it as a courtesy, but it's not required.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
Keep in mind that you are not entitled to any hotel elite benefits on the hotel booking that comes with your package. If you're planning to throw away the hotel that comes with your package and book something else then you'd be fine, but if you're booking a Marriott or Hyatt or whatever with your package, they're not required to honor your elite status. It's possible the hotel may do it as a courtesy, but it's not required.
Yes that's correct regarding loyalty.

I'm playing around with hotels right now but am now considering just doing a throw away or using for my first night only since we get there around 11PM.

Trip for two people at cheapest hotel is is 104k miles using this deal
Booking a regular flight for two people is 210k miles + $400

Considering I was about to book this trip regardless this is a smoking deal for me

I'm now leaning towards calling in and see what it will cost if I do the cheapest hotel for 2 nights only, and throwaway the second night
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:39 pm

Yes that's correct regarding loyalty.

I'm playing around with hotels right now but am now considering just doing a throw away or using for my first night only since we get there around 11PM.

Trip for two people at cheapest hotel is is 104k miles using this deal
Booking a regular flight for two people is 210k miles + $400

Considering I was about to book this trip regardless this is a smoking deal for me

I'm now leaning towards calling in and see what it will cost if I do the cheapest hotel for 2 nights only, and throwaway the second night
85k Skymiles for my flight and a 2-night hotel stay, of which I will use first night only. This is highway robbery
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
This is highway robbery
Imagine what it is not on sale!
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP
Originally Posted by Calboy9903
so when i cancelled one today with 24 hours, i was told the miles would be returned. There was no option for a voucher. The one I cancelled yesterday did not receive miles or voucher yet. If you had trip protection, you would get a voucher.

Edit: Received mileage refund for cancellation today. Still no voucher or miles from the one yesterday.

Was told I will receive the voucher for the booking cancelled yesterday by mail in 5-7 business days. voucher will be good for a year.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I hope the Conrad FLL is worth it for Christmas.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL PM
i just wanted to say merci beaucoup to the OP for posting this -- just booked an expensive domestic return for less than either one-way was pricing (flights are t-giving weekend and saturday before xmas) + airport hotel for first/last nights (flying into boston but will be out on cape cod in between)

today is the last day for the 2cpm promotion
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Does anyone know when are tickets issued? Miles were deducted instantly, no ticket number on sight.
To answer my own question, took around 4 hours to get the flight ticketed. On another note, I was intending to use a DL gift card I have sitting around, but was told that when using e-certs and gift cards, it would take longer because a special department needs to validate them.

In the end, I got 2 economy tickets for JFK-CDG, CDG-IAD + 4 nights of hotel for 89K Miles ($1,780.00). Award tickets were 70K each, paid tickets were $860 each. Great use of my Skymiles. I didn't ask about the fares, but if they are unpublished, I guess the mileage accrual will be very good as well.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
Just post this as a data point. I have to cancel one of my reservation due to a misspelled name, after calling Delta vacation, they refunded my miles instead of giving me a voucher for future travel.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hyatt
Agent on the phone tonight said this promotion was being extended till next week. She told me that multiple times, and let me put an itinerary on a 24 hour hold. Now I don't see anywhere online stating the deadline has been extended, I hope I'm not in for an unpleasant surprise tomorrow when I call to book the hold and its no longer 2cpm!
Old Aug 31, 2019, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by waterandwoods
Agent on the phone tonight said this promotion was being extended till next week. She told me that multiple times, and let me put an itinerary on a 24 hour hold. Now I don't see anywhere online stating the deadline has been extended, I hope I'm not in for an unpleasant surprise tomorrow when I call to book the hold and its no longer 2cpm!
Doctor of Credit also reporting extension to 9/6 from phone agents.

I wanted to book for hotel in Vegas since it comes with $30/night F&B credit and paying with points means avoiding 13% tax. Booked a throwaway flight from LAX-LAS for $87 or 4350 points. Still a good use of SkyMiles at almost 2c/point if valuing F&B credit at full value (which I do).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.