Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA /crew /pax wrong or right ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:40 am

At first, I was wondering why the FA didn’t just summon a CRO to handle it. Then I read that she did, and the CRO sided with the family, but the FA just wouldn’t give up. Yikes.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by TBD
Yep, I agree. Frequency doesn't make it socially appropriate (nor does it avoid tort). I suppose people have to learn one way or another
we would **HOPE** people (both individually and writ large) will learn, but sadly they do not **HAVE TO** do so
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Yes. Right after the thread was locked there was a NBC report that said the pilots and crew were now grounded pending an investigation. It seems that the airline knows something is amiss as you don't just ground a crew and pilots based on allegations.

Link to story: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ey-ve-n1043996

Edit: Thanks to the Mod for re-opening the thread so the new info could be posted.

And if you read the article the family was affected by the customs computer outage. Very likely they did have assigned seats together on their original flights, so all of the arguments above about BE, etc are moot.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
What precisely do you think indicates that a story is "proven true?" Is there a roving Social Media Judge I'm unaware of that certifies things prior to them being posted?
I would assume an investigation by the company involved and possibly a police or legal investigation if needed/warranted?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Widgets
At first, I was wondering why the FA didn’t just summon a CRO to handle it. Then I read that she did, and the CRO sided with the family, but the FA just wouldn’t give up. Yikes.
Hard to see how this ends well for the FA if that’s the case.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Obviously missing the other side to this story. To be brutally honest I lost interest the second the author played the race/discrimination card as this is almost definitely not relevant to the story and just a way for the author to victimize him/herself further.
How are you so certain that racism was not a factor?

One of the biggest problems our country has in addressing racism is that (usually white) people don't believe people of color when they report racism.

I mean, if the story is true, racism/unconscious bias seems to be one very plausible explanation for the apparently irrational behavior of the FA.
chavala, dav662, KenTarmac and 5 others like this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Time to lock this one up and move on. Thanks for the interesting discussion
Obscure2k
DL Moderator
Thought this thread was locked? Was it re-opened?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

Thought this thread was locked? Was it re-opened?
It was. I asked the Moderator to unlock after the news article came out confirming crew and pilots were grounded and an investigation had started. Blame it on me if this gets out of hand again...
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's interesting that the pilot has also been suspended for siding with the FA. Maybe this will make pilots think twice before trying to kick customers off flights based on a report from a single FA without attempting to learn what has happened.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
[left]It's interesting that the pilot has also been suspended for siding with the FA.
where did you learn that he was suspended for siding with the FA? It seems that if he had sided with the FA only the kid and his parent would have been offloaded and the flight would have left with the original crew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.