FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   FA /crew /pax wrong or right ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1983603-fa-crew-pax-wrong-right.html)

PhilnLiz Aug 19, 2019 8:02 am

FA /crew /pax wrong or right ?

WillBarrett_68 Aug 19, 2019 8:10 am

I am going to guess there is a lot of missing detail here (particularly between when the purser said to let them stay in the switched seats and when the pilot ordered the plane to be deboarded).

MSPeconomist Aug 19, 2019 8:11 am

Why this picture? It's not the current DL FA uniform.

WillBarrett_68 Aug 19, 2019 8:13 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31432005)

I am assuming that this was a regional flight

sydneyracquelle Aug 19, 2019 8:28 am

Better to switch seats only once already in the air.

btonkid12345 Aug 19, 2019 9:20 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 (Post 31432014)
I am assuming that this was a regional flight

Exactly. Not even a real Delta crew.

btonkid12345 Aug 19, 2019 9:21 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle (Post 31432074)
Better to switch seats only once already in the air.

They have a child with a disability who cannot sit by themselves. I am guessing takeoff is one of the worst parts of it. Suggesting switching seats in the air is silly in such a case.

As long as the passengers agreed to the switch, I have no idea why a flight attendant was even involved.

WillBarrett_68 Aug 19, 2019 9:22 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345 (Post 31432226)
Exactly. Not even a real Delta crew.

I don't think it matters whether it's a "real" delta crew or not. The vast majority of customers don't see a difference and Delta shouldn't treat it any differently in their response.

flyerCO Aug 19, 2019 9:24 am

Arent some allowed to wear an all black u uniform due to allergies to new uniform?

EBiafore99 Aug 19, 2019 9:27 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 (Post 31432002)
I am going to guess there is a lot of missing detail here (particularly between when the purser said to let them stay in the switched seats and when the pilot ordered the plane to be deboarded).

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of these types of posts. As in most posts, the poster was an angel and the employees were tyrants. That could be true, but I find the truth is somewhere in the middle. I'm not condoning the flight crew, but there is more to the story...

MSPeconomist Aug 19, 2019 9:29 am

I forgot about that, but regardless it seems wrong to post a photo of a FA regardless of whether she was the one who booted them or whether it's just some random photo of a FA in an airport.

I wonder whether the seat switch moved the autistic kid into an exit row or something similar happened.

Also, I suspect that this gets back to the simple fact that if people want to sit together, they should reserve seats together (and not buy BE fares, if this is what happened).

WillBarrett_68 Aug 19, 2019 9:29 am

here's a link to the actual post

(I guess flyertalk censors facebook links???

it's facebook dot com slash ayo.isola/posts/2577592638929386

flyerCO Aug 19, 2019 9:32 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31432263)
I forgot about that, but regardless it seems wrong to post a photo of a FA regardless of whether she was the one who booted them or whether it's just some random photo of a FA in an airport.

I wonder whether the seat switch moved the autistic kid into an exit row or something similar happened.

Also, I suspect that this gets back to the simple fact that if people want to sit together, they should reserve seats together (and not buy BE fares, if this is what happened).

This is different, the child had a disability issue. Thus the law requires that he have his assistant be seated next to him. Even if bought BE fare DL would be required to put one (not both, but one) next to him.

WillBarrett_68 Aug 19, 2019 9:34 am

If the flight attendant really was being that ridiculous, the captain probably made the right call. He needed to remove her from the flight and he probably couldn't just conjure up a replacement (is DTW a skywest FA base?)

Can you imagine if the flight had taken off and she continued to escalate the situation in the air?

WillBarrett_68 Aug 19, 2019 9:39 am

Originally Posted by EBiafore99 (Post 31432256)
Agreed. I'm not a big fan of these types of posts. As in most posts, the poster was an angel and the employees were tyrants. That could be true, but I find the truth is somewhere in the middle. I'm not condoning the flight crew, but there is more to the story...

on the other hand, we can always count on certain parts of the flyertalk mob to blame everything on the kid and the parents.