Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA /crew /pax wrong or right ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
I don't play hypothetically speaking. You're not going to draw me into that game.

And again. You're quoting me piecemeal.
You're arguing that the fact there was a problem is by itself enough to indicate that the passenger is too problematic to travel. You can avoid the hypothetical if you want, we can all read your posts.

And I haven't omitted anything that makes your argument less absurd.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is all of this true for a RJ too? My impression is that DLConnection carriers at DTW, MSP, etc. supply their own GAs who are not DL employees, so they would not report to a DL supervisor. I'm not sure how many CROs SkyWest would have, nor would I expect them to escalate a situation to ATL.
All is true for a regional carrier....someone in MSP was on duty when this happened. Call in a Delta redcoat...doesn't matter.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is all of this true for a RJ too? My impression is that DLConnection carriers at DTW, MSP, etc. supply their own GAs who are not DL employees, so they would not report to a DL supervisor. I'm not sure how many CROs SkyWest would have, nor would I expect them to escalate a situation to ATL.
Maybe at a podunk outstation there are contract employees working the gate, but not at DTW.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Maybe at a podunk outstation there are contract employees working the gate, but not at DTW.
Not contract workers, but RJ employees, who would work for SkyWest and not DL. I've known GAs at MSP who worked for a DLConnection carrier and not DL. Moreover, I've boarded RJs at DTW in the B/C concourse where the GAs were employed by the DLConnection and not DL. With this setup, each DLConnection carrier would have its own CROs, but an employee of some other carrier would not report to a DL supervisor.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
There are many facts that aren't in the original post that make it impossible to draw any solid conclusions.
  1. Did the poster and his family have BE tickets?
  2. Did they realize they had different seats when they boarded or from the monitor at the gate? If they saw it before boarding, did they mention the disability to the GA?
  3. There's two sides to every story, how did both parties speak to each other?
  4. What transpired during the conversations?
Regardless, posting a complaint about an airline is one thing, but posting pictures of the crew is uncalled for. That is done to humiliate and intimidate before the employer can even begin to investigate. If the employees acted in an inappropriate manner that will be addressed. I'm not making an assumption one way or the other. There's not enough information here.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by TBD
Completely inappropriate to post a libelous summary+photo of the FA
While i agree with your statement, there are millions of millennials, and more coming by whatever sobriquet, who have started air travel recently and most love their Snap-Face-Insta-Chat with LOTS of pics....buckle-up! The next post could feature you or i....but dont fret....embarrassment is fleeting.....safe travels!
Old Hickory likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyerCO
He might not be fully quoting you, but the rest of the post has zero bearing. Also you're the one 100% positive they didn't tell an agent despite nothing proving that. You flat out stated that their issue must not have been a non-issue simply cause the FA made it one. Will pointed out the flaw in that logic and so far you've not rebutted that. All you've done is say he didn't post your whole message.
First of all:
It's quite a leap from where I said most likely to 100% positive.

"Absence of proof is not proof of absence."
-William Cowper

Absence of proof that they did or did not communicate their needs to DELTA PRIOR to commencing any leg of their trip doesn't mean that it did or did not happen.
Your guess is as good as mine. However, using deductive reasoning one can logically assume, based on the course of events as explained by the OP, that most likely this did not happen.

Yes I "Flat out stated that their issue must not have been a non-issue simply cause the FA made it one." There is no flaw in this logic.

Perhaps the double negative confused you. Read carefully: Not a non-issue = issue.
Their issue with seating arrangements became her issue which eventually became everyone's issue and was a big deal and a material burden on all involved.
Not: " The accommodations this passenger needs are ridiculously small and are not a material burden on anyone." as Will said.

As I also said, and was indeed relevant to the conversation, and conveniently left out of the reply was the fact that the whole supposition of what actually happened is based on only half the story.

It fun to debate but at the end of the day it's anybody's guess as to what actually happened and since I have no vested interest in the outcome other than as a curious bystander. I'll leave this discussion here. Good day.

You're arguing that the fact there was a problem is by itself enough to indicate that the passenger is too problematic to travel. You can avoid the hypothetical if you want, we can all read your posts.

And I haven't omitted anything that makes your argument less absurd.
No, I'm arguing in my OP to this thread that PERHAPS alternate means of transportation should be considered.
At the very least confirm your accommodations and needs for special considerations with the airline PRIOR to departure.
I highly recommend reading through the deaf couple thread that I linked as well for additional discussions on essentially the same topic. Good day.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by KenTarmac; Aug 20, 2019 at 6:47 am Reason: Fix a typo.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
There are many facts that aren't in the original post that make it impossible to draw any solid conclusions.
  1. Did the poster and his family have BE tickets?
  2. Did they realize they had different seats when they boarded or from the monitor at the gate? If they saw it before boarding, did they mention the disability to the GA?
  1. [*]
  2. [*]
These are good questions, but the fact that the captain didn't just offload these particular passengers then move on out is a huge clue.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:42 pm

No, I'm arguing in my OP to this thread that PERHAPS alternate means of transportation should be considered.
At the very least confirm your accommodations and needs for special considerations with the airline PRIOR to departure.
I highly recommend reading through the deaf couple thread that I linked as well for additional discussions on essentially the same topic. Good day.
lol

Take the car, bus, train, boat, taxi, Uber, Lyft, limo or private auto.
You aren't just thinking that people should "perhaps" consider other methods. You're think they should default to other methods. You also in that post suggested that the passenger was fabricating the entire story.

I'm sure there's much, much more to this story - if it's even true.
kimberlyrose likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:33 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
While i agree with your statement, there are millions of millennials, and more coming by whatever sobriquet, who have started air travel recently and most love their Snap-Face-Insta-Chat with LOTS of pics....buckle-up! The next post could feature you or i....but dont fret....embarrassment is fleeting.....safe travels!
Yep, I agree. Frequency doesn't make it socially appropriate (nor does it avoid tort). I suppose people have to learn one way or another
Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:56 pm

I am going to guess there is a lot of missing detail here (particularly between when the purser said to let them stay in the switched seats and when the pilot ordered the plane to be deboarded).
I agree 100% I’ve seen a lot of videos of people kicked off planes and they always swear blind , up ? Down left right on their innocence when that is clearly not the case. Unreasonable and delusional people often find themselves in these situations, and there nothing anyone can say or do to have them take accountability for thier action.

Last edited by Tine Rod; Aug 19, 2019 at 6:36 pm
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:54 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Time to lock this one up and move on. Thanks for the interesting discussion
Obscure2k
DL Moderator
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Is there anything about this incident in the media?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by dav662
Is there anything about this incident in the media?
Yes. Right after the thread was locked there was a NBC report that said the pilots and crew were now grounded pending an investigation. It seems that the airline knows something is amiss as you don't just ground a crew and pilots based on allegations.

Link to story: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ey-ve-n1043996

Edit: Thanks to the Mod for re-opening the thread so the new info could be posted.
dav662 and Widgets like this.

Last edited by AeRoSpaceman; Aug 20, 2019 at 6:43 am
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Thanks AeRoSpaceman. It is getting interesting. I do not think this thread should be locked now at all. If it is locked then it should be unlocked as the Airline seems to have acknowledged something has happened and the crew has been taken off from flying, at least for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.