Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA /crew /pax wrong or right ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Mister Orville Redenbacher is making some big buckaroos off this thread.
Old Hickory likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
This is absurd. The accommodations this passenger needs are ridiculously small and are not a material burden on anyone.
Apparently this passengers needs are not so ridiculously small and not a material burden on anyone. If that were the case we wouldn't be having this discussion and the OP from the posted FB post would not be threatening "pursuing further action."

Could the situation have been handled better? Of course. Did the family not make prior arrangements with DELTA? Most likely. Are we only getting half the story? Most definitely.

What is absurd is quoting my post piecemeal and thus out of context. I stand by my statements - in their entirety.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
BE seats causing too many problems. I assume they were BE seats.

BE Seast should come with a checklist such as emergency exit.

Can you sit alone? Are you an adult? If no to either one no BE for you.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
There's no evidence that this isn't what happened. The post implies they didn't find out their seats had been separated until they got to the gate.

Yes, it's possible they bought BE and didn't make arrangements in advance, but as FlyerCO pointed out, it doesn't matter, they are still entitled to get seating together and the airline is required to do whatever they need to in order to make it happen. Harping on this point is 100% victim blaming. It lets the actual responsible party off the hook.
nope, pay your money or take your chances.
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Arent some allowed to wear an all black u uniform due to allergies to new uniform?
Yes, but you can see her nametag is different and not even shaped like a Delta one - definitely regional.

I agree, pax perceive it as Delta crew and Delta shouldn't treat it any differently. But we as frequent flyers know the regional crews aren't quite as good as the mainline crews, which is the only point I was trying to make previously.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
But we as frequent flyers know the regional crews aren't quite as good as the mainline crews, which is the only point I was trying to make previously.
I would disagree with this statement as a blanket statement. In some cases yes, in others definitely not.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Apparently this passengers needs are not so ridiculously small and not a material burden on anyone. If that were the case we wouldn't be having this discussion and the OP from the posted FB post would not be threatening "pursuing further action."
ah yes, this makes perfect sense. So if, e.g. someone needing to take medication asks an FA for a cup of water and the FA flips out, that's evidence that the passenger's needs are too much and they should just find some other way to get where they're going?
kimberlyrose and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
BE seats causing too many problems. I assume they were BE seats.

BE Seast should come with a checklist such as emergency exit.

Can you sit alone? Are you an adult? If no to either one no BE for you.
Even if it is BE causing seating problems, that is on the airlines for adding BE and making up so many fare options. Not passengers.

BE is already a fare hike on "main cabin" - it is keeping the price the same as previous "main cabin" fares were, but reducing the inclusions with the fare.

It would be ridiculous to have a "checklist" for someone to purchase the lowest available fare.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
At what point does the Basic Economy experiment become no longer worth it for Delta? It seems to be the most blatant exception to the "we're a better airline" brand they are going for.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
ah yes, this makes perfect sense. So if, e.g. someone needing to take medication asks an FA for a cup of water and the FA flips out, that's evidence that the passenger's needs are too much and they should just find some other way to get where they're going?
I don't play hypothetically speaking. You're not going to draw me into that game.

And again. You're quoting me piecemeal.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
I don't play hypothetically speaking. You're not going to draw me into that game.

And again. You're quoting me piecemeal.
He might not be fully quoting you, but the rest of the post has zero bearing. Also you're the one 100% positive they didn't tell an agent despite nothing proving that. You flat out stated that their issue must not have been a non-issue simply cause the FA made it one. Will pointed out the flaw in that logic and so far you've not rebutted that. All youve done is say he didn't post your whole message.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
No notice is required. Also some GA will insist you go onboard and ask passenger to move (although legally it's their job and they must move them even if they refuse).
Well...actually I'm surprised that the GA didn't call for a CRO (Complaint Resolution Official} who is trained in handling disability "problems".
All redcoats, OSM's (supervisors} and even some agents are qualified CRO's. They can access the situation and suggest a solution agreeable to all.
The captain has the final say, usually. The complaint can be handled in real time and you can get the problem escalated to Atlanta for their input.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by vincentharris
Whether the story is true or not I dont support taking pictures of people and posting them online BEFORE the allegations have been proven true. From now on this FA and pilot will be associated with this story even if it comes out to be 100% false.

With that said while this is SkyWest that is the danger that the Delta's, AA's, and United's of the world face outsouring regional service. The third party airlines represent your brand for good and for bad.
Amen....whether we like it or not....regional flights are Delta flights....regional crews are Delta crews.
Rhinolicious and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Exactly. Not even a real Delta crew.
That's a cop out. They represent Delta and are one and the same.

On to the original post I am sure there is a ton of detail and information missing from the FB post. Impossible to lean one way or the other on who was in the wrong.
strickerj and nancypants like this.

Last edited by apodo77; Aug 19, 2019 at 2:20 pm
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Well...actually I'm surprised that the GA didn't call for a CRO (Complaint Resolution Official} who is trained in handling disability "problems".
All redcoats, OSM's (supervisors} and even some agents are qualified CRO's. They can access the situation and suggest a solution agreeable to all.
The captain has the final say, usually. The complaint can be handled in real time and you can get the problem escalated to Atlanta for their input.
Is all of this true for a RJ too? My impression is that DLConnection carriers at DTW, MSP, etc. supply their own GAs who are not DL employees, so they would not report to a DL supervisor. I'm not sure how many CROs SkyWest would have, nor would I expect them to escalate a situation to ATL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.