Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:39 am

Regarding timing, my wife submitted a request January 15th. There was no confirmation email so we also thought maybe it was not received. However, she received a confirmation back on January 17th that the status match was confirmed and would start January 18th. So it was a 2 day turnaround for her to receive a response.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:41 am

Programs: DL
It was my understanding that they couldn't process until after the actual status drop (end of January). Was that true in your wife's case?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by LOCommish
It was my understanding that they couldn't process until after the actual status drop (end of January). Was that true in your wife's case?
She was platinum last year, through Jan 31, but dropped to silver for 2020. They recognized the match, probably because it was after the 12/31/19 earning period. So she technically never lost platinum as she still had it for the month of January, but then, due to match, was extended until April 18.
LOCommish likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:01 am

Rats. Now I wish I'd filed for him sooner.

Thanks for the reply!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:12 am

Delta "Reclaim" Silence

Anyone else having trouble getting a response from whoever handles the "Reclaim" status? Long story short, I sent in a request in January and they politely replied that I had to wait till Feb 1st (My mistake) for the year to end. So I sent in Feb 1st, no response. Feb 9th, no response. Won't go into the details, but I've been DM since it started and my case is crystal clear. Curious of others experiences. Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:28 am

Filed paperwork for my husband on 1/30 - he received confirmation email yesterday and when he boarded his flight this morning, he was platinum again. Pretty much right at the two week point.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:22 am

Filed for my husband on January 30th. No word until yesterday when he got the confirmation email. Just about 2 weeks to the day.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:37 am

Helpful. Thanks!
LOCommish likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:39 am

If you are unable to resolve this through Delta, there are some great stories through Elliott Advocacy as well as BBB you can reference or file through.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Same here. No word yet and applied Feb 5. Many year DM, multi MM and only missed DM by $2,400 MQDs due to family illness.
nycjjames likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I applied on Feb. 3rd and nothing. And I have three more segments tomorrow that I would love to count.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...announced.html
nycjjames likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/Marriott Gold/RCCL D+/Celebrity Elite/Princess Elite
Originally Posted by LOCommish
Filed for my husband on January 30th. No word until yesterday when he got the confirmation email. Just about 2 weeks to the day.

Thanks for the update... hoping to have the same happen here.
LOCommish likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FreedomAir
If you are unable to resolve this through Delta, there are some great stories through Elliott Advocacy as well as BBB you can reference or file through.
Huh? They are slow right now is all that is being said here. I am yet to read of anyone here saying they have been denied.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 5:40 am

Programs: DL,US
Applied Feb 3. No response as of yet. Shame too as I did a transcon RT and LHR RT in the past week. Has anyone had any luck getting it a bit retro active (like, they count flights from week prior to when they send you the email)?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PupManS
Applied Feb 3. No response as of yet. Shame too as I did a transcon RT and LHR RT in the past week. Has anyone had any luck getting it a bit retro active (like, they count flights from week prior to when they send you the email)?
I don't know the answer but that is clearly not what they said the terms would be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.