Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Old May 8, 2019, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite

I was poking around the Medallion Page on delta.com and noticed that Delta has a new program called "Reclaim My Status." You can apply to basically get the status challenge accelerated terms, and you get your old status back and if you requalify, can keep it for up to ~20 months!

It is for "major life events." They list eligible events such as birth of a child, changing a job, obtaining a degree, but say anyone with a case may apply.

They say it is intended for you to apply the year after you lose the status you want to "reclaim." The T&Cs say you can participate once every 3 years.

What do others think about this program?

Delta's Reclaim My Status
Grouchy likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles -- Gold Medallion
The release is now out: https://news.delta.com/when-life-hap...oyalty-benefit
Old May 8, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I think this a cool idea.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: Skymiles GM
Love it... Great job, Delta! I believe Alaska has this.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
I think its considerate and humane. Everyone will have some situation that causes them to stop traveling, and its great that DL recognizes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I really applaud this. Sure, it'll add some marginal number of elites back to the herd, but it recognizes that life happens. Job changes, illnesses, new kids, etc. — they all can negatively impact your ability to maintain status. Delta doesn't have to help you out, but it sure doesn't hurt. I'm glad to see them put a broad program in place.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
BA allows new mothers to hold their status for up to a year - which has been really great for many parents.

This is awesome.
QDDawg likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:14 am

Found this before they published it for a colleague that went on FML. Guess it maintains brand loyalty and discourages anyone to leave and go elsewhere.

I was viciously against it as anyone that travels as much as me should be, because I never got to reclaim when I left for various reasons, but hey, at least they get to up me on the first of the worst list!
Old May 8, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: DL Plat
def a welcome benefit! even if you dont plan to use it, its nice to have it to insure against exogneous shocks
Old May 8, 2019, 8:52 am

I just received an email describing the program. I'm a former Diamond, now Plat. I've had more than enough miles but insufficient MQDs.
woody125 and QDDawg like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by runningformqm
def a welcome benefit! even if you dont plan to use it, its nice to have it to insure against exogneous shocks
I always thought that rollover played this role, as a sort of insurance policy, although the new DM MQD waiver rules make rollover less useful at that level.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I always thought that rollover played this role, as a sort of insurance policy, although the new DM MQD waiver rules make rollover less useful at that level.
id argue rollover is partial insurance and isnt universal as it only comes into play if one exceeds the mqm requirement for their tier. if one rollovers 5k mqm it still requires 45 or 70k of flying. also, presumably the person wouldnt have status at this point making rollover less likely.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
I like it, especially the once every three years part. This is a definite plus in Delta building loyalty.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
What a brilliant idea. BAEC are quibbling because health meant I could not fly for six month and so missed out on renewal of my Gold status. My HR director wrote to them but they demanded medical paperwork.In view of BA's severe data breech of credit/debit card info recently (in which three of my cards were totally compromised) I am not willing to submit highly personal and sensitive medical records to the airline.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Great customer friendly move. Just like more and more employers are seeing the need to provide meaningful paid time off for life events. This is one case where they are making good on their claim that "loyalty is a two way street".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.