Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: delta skymiles
I just got my RMS approved. :-). I think I had several factors working in my favor: 1) I had earned platinum status through 1/31/22, 2) i had three different life events beginning in 2020 that qualified, namely due to covid my boyfriend moved in with me (thus creating more financial strain as I became the primary bread winner for two people), my boyfriend changed jobs 4 times between 2020 and 2022 (he was a temp), and three I suffered two concussions in 2022.

I did have to call the SM medallion line, who followed up with the RMS team for me. Chat did noting for me, calling in helped immensely. I basically just told the agent, I’m not sure if the application was received as I never got the auto reply. Can you follow up for me? Hope this helps someone.
Adelphos and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
I’m sorry to everyone who experienced loss these past three years. I do feel Delta is right for being strict with this since there are three years where everyone were rolled over + additional accrued mqm via credit cards and flying.

I flew ORD-ATL midafternoon yesterday. I was #15 on the upgrade list for 4 seats as a PLT on a business trip. While I realize thinning out the ranks a little might have made me #5 for 4 seats, I can’t help but believe there are a reasonable number of folks ahead of me who haven’t flown 50k miles or more since 2019. In my case, I’ve been back flying since mid year 2021.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 9:54 am

Reclaim My Status: Confusing Requirements

Hi all,

Hoping I could get some help on a Reclaim My Status question. I tried asking folks multiple times on the Medallion phone line, but customer service didn't know enough to help on this question. I realized there's scant information about this program out there--probably because Delta shut it down for a time and tries to keep its cards close to its vest on this one.

So here's my question:I recently got approved for a "Reclaim My Status" request to maintain Platinum. It gives me 3 months to meet certain requirements to maintain my Platinum status until January 2025.

My question is: if I already met the default Platinum MQM threshold for prior to the Reclaim My Status approval, do I have to accrue additional MQMs (up to the threshold required) in the 3 month period given? Or do those prior accruals count?

(An alternate way of phrasing this question: does all the accrual towards the MQM and MQD thresholds for Reclaim My Status have to happen during the exact 3 month period, or does travel prior to that 3 month period but in the same calendar year count towards the Reclaim My Status thresholds?)

Details:
  • I have ~121K MQMs (includes rollover) for 2023.
  • However, I have ~$1600 in MQDs; I have planned travel that will accrue enough MQDs towards the Reclaim My Status threshold.
  • For reference: The program thresholds for Platinum accrual using Reclaim My Status is: 18,750 MQMs and $3000 MQDs.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:54 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Welcome to FT!

However I don't see any basis by which activity prior to enrollment in Reclaim My Status would count towards meeting its requirements.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...my-status.html

"If you successfully fly the required amount of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs), and (for U.S.-based Members only) earn the required amount of MQDs or qualify for the MQD Waiver* during the Offer Period"

You'll either have to meet both the MQM and MQD requirements of the promo during the applicable period, or else qualify for PM the hard way by earning $12k MQDs in the calendar year (or AMEX or residency waiver)
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I recently qualified for reclaim my status, and got the email confirmation stating my temporary status would be reflected on the digital Skymiles card "tomorrow". Two days later after the effective date the digital card still shows the lower status. Has anyone else seen this?

On the other hand I seem to have the temporary status in effect (Diamond) as my existing itineraries all got upgraded to C+ already.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 10:42 am

Reclaim my status unavailable/suspended (they say temporarily) by Delta.
I had the wonderful opportunity to reclaim my status after a job change that will have me flying a lot more. I was Platinum for a dozen+ years and million miler but dropped to lifetime Silver during the pandemic.

I applied and waited and waited. Then they made reclaim my status "temporarily unavailable" without taking action on my application.

With all the changes Delta is making and if they do not want my business back, I will probably look at alternative airlines. Bleh :/
Old Feb 16, 2024, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Now that Reclaim My Status is back for 2024, I wanted ton confirm how it works. I was Delta Gold in 2023, but earned just enough MQM to become silver in 2024. Does this mean I can apply for Reclaim My Status to become Gold again? And if so, I assume the MQM Headstart from Delta Platinum card does not count towards the requirements?
Old Feb 16, 2024, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andreiz
Now that Reclaim My Status is back for 2024, I wanted ton confirm how it works. I was Delta Gold in 2023, but earned just enough MQM to become silver in 2024. Does this mean I can apply for Reclaim My Status to become Gold again? And if so, I assume the MQM Headstart from Delta Platinum card does not count towards the requirements?
How did you obtain Gold? If it was via Match/Challenge instead of published qualification thresholds, I suspect it will be denied. There is also the requirement of documenting the life event that caused your travel to be reduced.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by xliioper
How did you obtain Gold? If it was via Match/Challenge instead of published qualification thresholds, I suspect it will be denied. There is also the requirement of documenting the life event that caused your travel to be reduced.
It was through flying. And I had a job change in early 2023 which caused my travel to drop off.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andreiz
It was through flying. And I had a job change in early 2023 which caused my travel to drop off.
Okay. Your last question in answered in T&Cs -- https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...my-status.html

MQDs earned through other sources during Offer Period, including but not limited to Delta SkyMiles American Express Cards, will [not] count towards Reclaim My Status. MQDs earned from MQD Headstart using an eligible Delta SkyMiles® American Express Card will not apply towards required MQDs for the Reclaim My Status offer, even if the eligible card is acquired during the Offer Period.
andreiz likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 12:30 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have a question about how the timing works. So in 2022 I requalified for Gold (reached the MQM April 2022) then in 2023 I had a life event, didn't fly at all, and lost my status completely as of February 2024. So I just now applied for the reclaim after losing my status, and they denied me saying I needed to have qualified for the status the previous year. But if I would have qualified in 2023 then I would still have status through all of 2024, so what's up with this!?

Last edited by goofygoofygooberyeah; Mar 14, 2024 at 2:20 pm
Old Mar 14, 2024, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by goofygoofygooberyeah
I have a question about how the timing works. So in 2022 I requalified for Gold (reached the MQM April 2022) then in 2023 I had a life event, didn't fly at all, and lost my status completely as of February 2024. So I just now applied for the reclaim after losing my status, and they denied me saying I needed to have qualified for the status the previous year. But if I would have qualified in 2023 then I would still have status through all of 2024, so what's up with this!?
the rms program requires you to apply to reclaim while you still have the status you're set to lose. So technically you needed to do it on or before Jan 31, 2024. Maybe even Dec 31, 2023. permits you to apply anytime but preferably just after you lose status.

Seems like a silly technicality but as they're reviewing it you're asking them to reclaim your non status, as at the time you wrote. Not the status you used to have. Otherwise where is the line? If there was leniency, someone could go back 1 month, 10 months, 3 years. Etc. There wouldn't be a clear line. So they made it 'while you have status, and you're about to lose it, apply to reclaim it'. Not a great rule for you, but a rule none the less.

Last edited by T-15.01; Mar 16, 2024 at 11:33 am Reason: I posted the wrong info.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by T-15.01
the rms program requires you to apply to reclaim while you still have the status you're set to lose. So technically you needed to do it on or before Jan 31, 2024. Maybe even Dec 31, 2023.

Seems like a silly technicality but as they're reviewing it you're asking them to reclaim your non status, as at the time you wrote. Not the status you used to have. Otherwise where is the line? If there was leniency, someone could go back 1 month, 10 months, 3 years. Etc. There wouldn't be a clear line. So they made it 'while you have status, and you're about to lose it, apply to reclaim it'. Not a great rule for you, but a rule none the less.
I don’t think that is correct. I believe you have to have lost your status, therefore not being able to apply until Feb 1st. If the last day of your earned status is on Jan 31st, then the next day you can apply to reclaim it. However, I would wait until there’s a period of time during a three month period that I know I’m going to fly a lot. I applied two weeks prior to going on a long flight, to make sure the application had been processed.
Yellowjj likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I suspect that since the MQD requirements were raised for getting status based on CY2023 activity, they're mostly accepting/rejecting based on CY2022 MQD: if your 2022 MQD extrapolates to not keeping status for CY2023/MY2024 the claim is likely to get rejected (perhaps also applying a boost in line with RASM growth of 10%?). So I think fewer than 11k MQD in CY2022 is an uphill battle for RMS.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by T-15.01
the rms program requires you to apply to reclaim while you still have the status you're set to lose. So technically you needed to do it on or before Jan 31, 2024. Maybe even Dec 31, 2023.

This isn't correct; you have to lose status before you can use reclaim my status.

OP mentions he attained status during the 2022 year; so he would be eligible to use reclaim my status. Although there is a chance OP is mistaken and he did not make status, he should definitely respond back to them. It could be a uninformed agent.
busdriver11 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.