Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by RobertS975
By any chance, will MQMs acquired from a DL Reserve card bonus count for the purposes of this challenge?
No. Not too surprising since they don't count for the regular status challenge either.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...my-status.html

MQMs, MQSs and MQDs earned on Delta- and Delta Connection-operated flights will count. MQMs, MQSs and MQDs may also be earned on eligible partner airline flights that are eligible to earn MQMs, MQSs and MQDs. Visit Earning With Airline Partners to learn more about what flights qualify. MQMs, MQSs and MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to Delta SkyMiles American Express Credit Cards, do not count.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by SxMan
What a brilliant idea. BAEC are quibbling because health meant I could not fly for six month and so missed out on renewal of my Gold status. My HR director wrote to them but they demanded medical paperwork.In view of BA's severe data breech of credit/debit card info recently (in which three of my cards were totally compromised) I am not willing to submit highly personal and sensitive medical records to the airline.
I applied due to my previous health condition not allowing me to fly as much as I used to, but was unsure if how they'd handle my PHI or even how much I should send them. So I asked them, "I'm not sure what kind of support documentation I should supply, they are medical records and I'd like them treated confidentially, is that something you are able to guarantee?", the reply was "We do treat all documentation provided by our customers in secure and confidential manner. We place high value on our customers privacy concerns. The medical records would be reviewed, then deleted under the guidelines for our Delta Privacy Policy. You can resubmit a new request for consideration with the required documentation as outlined the program requirements."

That seems reasonable but also is too nebulous for me to feel comfortable about. It is kinda icky to start with, sharing medical records with my airline, but I'm still in the dark about what quantity or exactly what they require, so I'd likely start with the most minimum possible. If I send them that are they going to come back with "that is insufficient, can you send us the x-rays and your lab tests"?. If I send them the maximum possible, well, that is just an invitation for trouble.

If someone braver than me goes through this process please let me know.

Last edited by graytidy; Jun 16, 2019 at 11:33 pm
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by krellboy
I applied due to my previous health condition not allowing me to fly as much as I used to, but was unsure if how they'd handle my PHI or even how much I should send them. So I asked them, "I'm not sure what kind of support documentation I should supply, they are medical records and I'd like them treated confidentially, is that something you are able to guarantee?", the reply was "We do treat all documentation provided by our customers in secure and confidential manner. We place high value on our customers privacy concerns. The medical records would be reviewed, then deleted under the guidelines for our Delta Privacy Policy. You can resubmit a new request for consideration with the required documentation as outlined the program requirements."

That seems reasonable but also is too nebulous for me to feel comfortable about. It is kinda icky to start with, sharing medical records with my airline, but I'm still in the dark about what quantity or exactly what they require, so I'd likely start with the most minimum possible. If I send them that are they going to come back with "that is insufficient, can you send us the x-rays and your lab tests"?. If I send them the maximum possible, well, that is just an invitation for trouble.

If someone braver than me goes through this process please let me know.
Data breaches are bound to happen, but I do believe that Delta has appropriate controls in place to handle PHI. After all, they receive medical records on a regular basis (for example, to process refund requests) and violations of HIPPA can cost up to $50,000 per instance.

With that said, I'd guess a signed letter from your physician simply stating that your unspecified medical condition prevented you from traveling (or traveling frequently) should be sufficient.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: DL
HIPAA does not apply to Delta; it’s narrowly scoped to healthcare providers/etc. Regardless, they are probably no worse than any other megacorp.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I too agree that I understand why they want some documentation, but I am not prepared to offer it. I went through a change in jobs in 2017, which resulted in me flying less in 2018, and losing status. I am now flying more for work again, but I have no desire to provide Delta a copy of a salary letter, etc. I'd rather just earn status the old fashioned way.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by cfabar1
I too agree that I understand why they want some documentation, but I am not prepared to offer it. I went through a change in jobs in 2017, which resulted in me flying less in 2018, and losing status. I am now flying more for work again, but I have no desire to provide Delta a copy of a salary letter, etc. I'd rather just earn status the old fashioned way.
Could you not just redact the part of your offer letter that shows compensation or other personal information? Alternatively, you could easily get a letter verifying your employment and dates of service – this is commonplace for many things that require verification of employment (e.g., housing applications).

Back to the question of PHI, Delta specifically states on their website “please avoid including your protected health information in your documentation.” This makes me think that they’re really just looking for a doctor’s note as documentation.

Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
I received my first message on Monday (after ATL-PDX on Sunday) Congratulations!You've earned Silver Medallion® Status through January 31, 2021, with Reclaim My Status.

I should hit the AMEX waiver on this trip, and I believe reach Gold after this trip and ATL-LAX-ATL in the next two weeks.

Depending on some details I'll probably hit the Diamond threshold, but I shouldn't end up being eligible for it, though I wouldn't complain. The funny thing I realized is that I'll actually likely hit the PM threshold naturally on the same flight that I reclaim it so I don't have any clue what message I'll receive.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I applied based on medical - I simply sent them pictures of my two medications and offered to provide a doctor's note if they wanted. I applied Tuesday and was approved early this morning (Thursday) back to Diamond.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:24 am

Congratulations!You've earned Gold Medallion® Status through January 31, 2021, with Reclaim My Status.

I was right about hitting it, but wrong about when MQMs from Amex would post. It turns out that I'm 2.098 from Platinum naturally and a little more than 5,000 MQMs from it with Reclaim My Status.

All in all I'm glad this program allowed me to elevate my status for these interim flights.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:59 am

May 28th to July 25th.

I'm a big fan of this process. Congratulations!You've earned Platinum Medallion® Status through January 31, 2021, with Reclaim My Status.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, GE, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Data Point - Returning from Sabbatical

I applied through the website on August 15th with an explanation of my sabbatical and a couple documents showing what I was doing during my time off from air travel. I was granted the 3 month provisional Platinum status (expires end of November) on August 18th.

It posted to my account and instantly upgraded my seats on the domestic and Delta international travel I already have booked to Delta Comfort.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Changed jobs

my wife had changed jobs she sent them a copy of her old business card and the new one, the date the changed happened and was approved. Delta seems vary reasonable on how much private info you need to give. Granted they probably could check linked in also to verify that she didn’t make the story up.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:46 pm
ZCY

How does rollover MQM work if I reached Diamond via relcaim my status?
I am still far from 125k MQMs but I already got Diamond status for 2020. Will rollover starting now or after 125k?
I will have much more flexibility if I dont have to count my MQMs when planning next trip!
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ZCY
How does rollover MQM work if I reached Diamond via relcaim my status?
I am still far from 125k MQMs but I already got Diamond status for 2020. Will rollover starting now or after 125k?
I will have much more flexibility if I dont have to count my MQMs when planning next trip!
The Delta page has this to say:

Will I receive Rollover MQMs if I meet the thresholds?

If you successfully complete Reclaim My Status, you are eligible for Rollover MQMs based on your earned Medallion Status (but only for the MQMs earned above the published annual Medallion Status qualification threshold).

They go on to give a specific example, but it only covers reclaiming Silver. However in other gifted/complimentary status situations it seems like you can rollover any MQMs in excess of whatever highest level you achieve the "normal" way even if that is lower than the complimentary status, so presumably the same thing would occur here.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:41 pm

How can I find out the last time I had status ?

its been many years but my choice was Northwest / Delta for many years .

Thanks for your help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.