Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond

Also forgot to mention, this happened on our flight to Europe. Dr. P and a P.A. on the flight took care of a passenger with blood clots. He turned out to be fine.
Zorak likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Happy Thorsday eve!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mattp1987

Also forgot to mention, this happened on our flight to Europe. Dr. P and a P.A. on the flight took care of a passenger with blood clots. He turned out to be fine.
Very nice!
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:52 am

Morning everyone!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
I think I got to Budapest the day you left Bucharest for Budapest.

We did Vilshofen to Budapest on AMAWaterways. We actually spent several days in Nuremberg on our own before the trip. I had been to Nuremberg in 2003 as an exchange student, and this was a great opportunity to go back.

How did you like AMA? That's who we're going on for our Nuremberg to Budapest (and three days prior in Prague) trip in June. We didn't do any research because a local chef we know is doing this trip to celebrate his 20 years in the catering business. So he has his group that he will be with and I'm not sure what will be special, but he is bringing wine from his winery so we'll looking forward to it. I couldn't find reasonable award tickets so I had the travel agent check with AMA and we wound up with a great deal that puts us on Delta and partners and we were able to get comfort+ immediately for the domestic flights and the JFK-PRG portion.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
How did you like AMA? That's who we're going on for our Nuremberg to Budapest (and three days prior in Prague) trip in June. We didn't do any research because a local chef we know is doing this trip to celebrate his 20 years in the catering business. So he has his group that he will be with and I'm not sure what will be special, but he is bringing wine from his winery so we'll looking forward to it. I couldn't find reasonable award tickets so I had the travel agent check with AMA and we wound up with a great deal that puts us on Delta and partners and we were able to get comfort+ immediately for the domestic flights and the JFK-PRG portion.
Very nice. Let me know how you like it, as Mr. Kipper and I have discussed that we should do a river cruise.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Very nice. Let me know how you like it, as Mr. Kipper and I have discussed that we should do a river cruise.
Will do; should be able to post during the trip. It will be our first European River cruise and we hope to take others in the future. We've sailed on the Nile and Yangtze, which were great trips, but this will be different and a little more luxury. Though apparently it's still possible to wake up and another window from another ship is right outside your room.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:03 am

Will do; should be able to post during the trip. It will be our first European River cruise and we hope to take others in the future. We've sailed on the Nile and Yangtze, which were great trips, but this will be different and a little more luxury. Though apparently it's still possible to wake up and another window from another ship is right outside your room.
I look forward to seeing photos.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:11 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I think I got to Budapest the day you left Bucharest for Budapest.
Actually we just got on the ship today (last couple days have been pre-tour sightseeing in Bucharest and Brasov) -- we're on the Avalon Passion.

Volunteering? Also, congrats to the Sharks. Go Caps tonight!
They certainly made it exciting! I'm missing my round 2 game of course but some friends are buying my tix from me.

You guys should have another SAT DO and hopefully I'll make it this time...
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I sure hope tonight’s Caps game isn’t another cardiac case like SJ last night (although the similar outcome — home team winning in OT — would of course be ok) ... the real bummer is that Mrs767 and I will be departing SEA-SAN-BWI on AS at 1845PDT, so we won’t get to see or hear much of anything after the end of the second period

and I second the call for SAT DO v2.0
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Local chef bringing wine from his winery? That would be win from near MCO being shipped to Europe? Yikes.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:51 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You were asking about gates for LGA and DTW at BOS, so I guessed that you were connecting through LGA in one direction and DTW in the other.
Originally Posted by navi_jen
99% of the time LGA flights go out of Gates 6-9 (go thru security, turn left, walk about 10 steps. Boom, gate). DTW, not quite as regular. Often gates 1-6 (security, turn right) but often in the satellite terminal. Assume a 7 minute walk from security to satellite gates.
Thanx for your help. I was supposed to PIT/LGA/BOS & BOS/DTW/PIT today. I have to have surgery on May 13. I'll be out of commission for a good while, and I thought I could attempt this all-in-one-day trip! My friends and an employee convinced me that it was a bad idea. I called DL and they gave me a medical waiver, as the change fee would have eaten up the entire price of this really cheap ticket. ^ Not a big deal, really. Just a little disappointed.

That said - - I also had to cancel a LHR-return-from-CDG trip that I booked during the 98K J special a while back. This one makes me sad. I also may will probably have to cancel a trip to LAX for later in May. I'm trying to maintain a relatively cheerful attitude!

It is - - what it is!!!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm sorry to hear that. You should do something nice for yourself today, perhaps a good dinner or doing one of your favorite things.
davetravels likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
This was our first river cruise, so I don’t have much to compare to. The closest comparison we’d done was a small ship cruise around Greece two years ago.

That said, I found AMA to be excellent. The food was delicious. They had wine pairings each night local to the area we were sailing through. We managed to drink a fair amount while paying for very few drinks thanks to “Sip n Sail” hour each evening before dinner followed by free beer and wine at dinner. Beer and wine were also free at lunch although I never partook.

The rooms were nice, and housekeeping took good care of cleaning them. We had a French balcony on our room and were able to open the sliding door completely a few days since the weather was so nice. The lounge and sundeck were nice places to relax and read or just hang out. We also enjoyed the variety of excursions since our group had four in their 30s, three in their 60s, and one in her 70s. My wife, brother-in-law, and I enjoyed hiking and biking activities while our parents and my pregnant sister-in-law were able to stick to the city tours-and even those offered different groups from gentle to active walkers.

Ours was also a “wine cruise” with a wine host who owns the wineries in Oregon. He actually didn’t do much; he gave three hour-long wine take throughout the cruise and one night at dinner they had his wines instead of a local option. Otherwise, he was just like another cruise passenger. Seems like a pretty fantastic deal for your friend.

This is definitely true. They often tie up 2-3 boats deep at the ports, and you never know where your ship will be in the mix or even which direction will be facing towards town.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:16 pm

This was our first river cruise, so I don’t have much to compare to. The closest comparison we’d done was a small ship cruise around Greece two years ago.

That said, I found AMA to be excellent. The food was delicious. They had wine pairings each night local to the area we were sailing through. We managed to drink a fair amount while paying for very few drinks thanks to “Sip n Sail” hour each evening before dinner followed by free beer and wine at dinner. Beer and wine were also free at lunch although I never partook.

The rooms were nice, and housekeeping took good care of cleaning them. We had a French balcony on our room and were able to open the sliding door completely a few days since the weather was so nice. The lounge and sundeck were nice places to relax and read or just hang out. We also enjoyed the variety of excursions since our group had four in their 30s, three in their 60s, and one in her 70s. My wife, brother-in-law, and I enjoyed hiking and biking activities while our parents and my pregnant sister-in-law were able to stick to the city tours-and even those offered different groups from gentle to active walkers.

Ours was also a “wine cruise” with a wine host who owns the wineries in Oregon. He actually didn’t do much; he gave three hour-long wine take throughout the cruise and one night at dinner they had his wines instead of a local option. Otherwise, he was just like another cruise passenger. Seems like a pretty fantastic deal for your friend.

This is definitely true. They often tie up 2-3 boats deep at the ports, and you never know where your ship will be in the mix or even which direction will be facing towards town.
Thanks for the input. Seems consistent with the ship brochure. I'm not sure what "extras" we'll have. Saw him yesterday and he said there were 18 in his "group". He's not doing the 3 days in Prague, but mentioned someone who will be on that portion. We'll find out more when we're there, but are sure it will be a great time. He'll probably be exercising every day, but I told him we might be sleeping in and doing the easy tours.

My wife assisted on a plane a long time ago, but never got anything, not that she expected to get anything. They requested medical assistance, but it was more a stressed out passenger (not due to the flying, but their personal situation), than strictly a medical condition. They stayed with her for about an hour and were met at landing, but it was not an emergency per se (don't want to say anything more). The ironic part is that two people responded. My wife waited until no one else seemed to volunteer, because she hasn't done "hands on" nursing for 45 years now (she's a medical case manager and does use her nursing experience). The other person was a doctor with the CDC and she didn't "practice" medicine either. As I said, the passenger was going to be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.