Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I booked a trip on United for the first time since 2014. I try to avoid them, but I have to travel last minute for a funeral. Cash prices were $700+, and I was able to find award space for 25k miles round-trip. Unfortunately, I couldn't avoid their stupid $75 close-in booking fee.
Condolences.

Originally Posted by Howste
Call them and tell them it's for a funeral and they may waive the fee.
Definitely seems worth a try. Or if we can work out the logistics in time I could book it out of my account while I'm still 1K...

----

I know I'm in Portugal, and I've already had two glasses of port, but I'm about to have a burger so a beer seemed more appropriate. Cheers!

Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Howste
Call them and tell them it's for a funeral and they may waive the fee.
Originally Posted by Zorak
Condolences.

Definitely seems worth a try. Or if we can work out the logistics in time I could book it out of my account while I'm still 1K...

----

I know I'm in Portugal, and I've already had two glasses of port, but I'm about to have a burger so a beer seemed more appropriate. Cheers!
Good advice. Sent them a Twitter DM explaining the situation, and they responded in 10 minutes saying they were refunding the fee.

That beer looks delicious!
Zorak likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mattp1987
That beer looks delicious!
Ordering it was briefly confusing when I tried to order the I-P-A and they looked uncertain for a few seconds until our guide said "ee-pa" but however you pronounce it, it was tasty
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
We have a treadmill that I hate using.
There's some line about whenever one thinks about exercising, one instead decides to take a nap until feeling better.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:56 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Zorak
Condolences.

----

That looks great!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's some line about whenever one thinks about exercising, one instead decides to take a nap until feeling better.
That would be me.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:59 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning, Lounge
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Guess what day it is!!!

-J.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Guess what day it is!!!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Good afternoon, Lounge. Hope you have a great day. I haven’t seen you guys for a while.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Tomorrow is llama day for me, I hope. (Adult night out at the MN zoo with the walk through llama area being extended through September, although I thought the kangaroos the last couple years were more fun. Weather looks good, so I assume it's a go.)
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I have a migraine, so I'm going to bed early tonight.

Tomorrow is llama day for me, I hope. (Adult night out at the MN zoo with the walk through llama area being extended through September, although I thought the kangaroos the last couple years were more fun. Weather looks good, so I assume it's a go.)
That sounds so cool! I've always wanted to ride on a kangaroo.

-J.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:22 pm

I have a migraine, so I'm going to bed early tonight.

That sounds so cool! I've always wanted to ride on a kangaroo.

-J.
How about an ostrich? There are ostrich races, with jockeys like horse races, although I've never heard of an ostrich pulling a charriott.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

How about an ostrich? There are ostrich races, with jockeys like horse races, although I've never heard of an ostrich pulling a charriott.
When I was a kid we went to Aruba for vacation one year, and we stumbled upon an ostrich farm. I got to ride on the back of an ostrich... it wasn't planned that way, I was just supposed to sit for a photo but she got up and ran!

-J.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:27 pm

When I was a kid we went to Aruba for vacation one year, and we stumbled upon an ostrich farm. I got to ride on the back of an ostrich... it wasn't planned that way, I was just supposed to sit for a photo but she got up and ran!

-J.
Cool if you weren't too scared.

BTW how do you know it was a she ostrich? Did it lay an egg after the run?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:46 am

Sounds llike you're really llooking forward to it, hope you have a llot of fun!

Our group is going to some kind of "day on a farm" in Sintra today.

I've always wanted to ride on a kangaroo.
I hear it's a hoppin' good time

I visited "Ostrichland USA" in Solvang once as a break from wine tasting. No rides but you could pay like $1 to feed the ostriches, for which they gave you a dustpan with ostrich kibble and stern instructions to keep your fingers as far back on the handle as possible!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.