Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 7:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Greetings from BUD to my Lounge buds! Having an early dinner/afternoon snack, as we have to get up ridiculously early for our airport transfer. Vacation is almost over

Old May 3, 2019, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by mattp1987
What is in Paducah, KY besides a couple breweries? It does seem to be near the creatively named Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area which is situated between two lakes.
Mrs767 is a fiber-arts aficionada and wanted to visit the National Quilt Museum ... it was well worth the stop; there was some remarkable art on display

we had dinner last night at Freight House Food, which is owned and managed by Sara Bradley who was the runner-up on last season’s “Top Chef” ... she actually delivered the entrees to our table, and later sat at the bar for awhile with another of the contestants (who we didn’t recognize at the time)

other than those places, the breweries, and two moonshine distilleries, I can’t think of a lot

Old May 3, 2019, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
amusing factoid for the day — the coffee brand at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Paducah (and probably chain-wide) — is “Premium Select”
Old May 3, 2019, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Zorak
Greetings from BUD to my Lounge buds! Having an early dinner/afternoon snack, as we have to get up ridiculously early for our airport transfer. Vacation is almost over

Looks like a yummy dinner! And my kind of dinner!
Originally Posted by jrl767
amusing factoid for the day — the coffee brand at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Paducah (and probably chain-wide) — is “Premium Select”
Somehow, I think the coffee is likely neither Premium nor Select.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is it either premium or select?
Old May 3, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver

Mrs767 is a fiber-arts aficionada and wanted to visit the National Quilt Museum ... it was well worth the stop; there was some remarkable art on display

we had dinner last night at Freight House Food, which is owned and managed by Sara Bradley who was the runner-up on last season’s “Top Chef” ... she actually delivered the entrees to our table, and later sat at the bar for awhile with another of the contestants (who we didn’t recognize at the time)

other than those places, the breweries, and two moonshine distilleries, I can’t think of a lot

Lowe's and other big box stores. We used to live about an hour south of there, and Paducah was a a commerce and health care hub for all kind of small towns in the area where the rivers meet. You can also visit Metropolis, Illinois to see the Superman statue and Cairo, Illinois if you want to get a preview of the zombie apocalypse.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Lowe's and other big box stores. We used to live about an hour south of there, and Paducah was a a commerce and health care hub for all kind of small towns in the area where the rivers meet. You can also visit Metropolis, Illinois to see the Superman statue and Cairo, Illinois if you want to get a preview of the zombie apocalypse.
Superman statue?
Old May 3, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Superman statue?
The Superman statue:

Metropolis Tourism

The spousal unit doesn't share my fondness for the 'World's Largest Ball of Twine' level of roadside attractions so we never got there. We've also never seen the Boll Weevil Monument even though we've lived not too far from that one for years.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/...eevil-monument
Old May 3, 2019, 11:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Looks like a yummy dinner! And my kind of dinner!
The beer wasn't amazing but I really liked my chicken paprikash. Mom had a goulash that was ok but we agreed we've had better elsewhere.

The spousal unit doesn't share my fondness for the 'World's Largest Ball of Twine' level of roadside attractions so we never got there. We've also never seen the Boll Weevil Monument even though we've lived not too far from that one for years.

Working your way through the list of attractions in the Weird Al song?
Old May 3, 2019, 1:37 pm

The Superman statue:

Metropolis Tourism

Interesting.
Originally Posted by Zorak
The beer wasn't amazing but I really liked my chicken paprikash. Mom had a goulash that was ok but we agreed we've had better elsewhere.

Working your way through the list of attractions in the Weird Al song?
LOL
Old May 3, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I’m at a gath thation thop an hour or tho eatht of BNA ... I’m thor from thpending the patht theven hourth on the twithty Blue Ridge and Great Thmoky Mountainth Parkwayth
Err, um, JRL, how many of those flights did you actually drink? Methinks it might have been more than 1.

@Mr. Kipper didn't have milk for his coffee this morning, and the only cookies I have in the house are Samoas or Biscoffs.
Kipper, if it helps, I always keep a box of Starbucks Via and non-refrigerated ultra-pasteurized milk (in juice box sizes, available in a very small case of 12 at Whole Foods) on hand...it's a godsend when you are tired/sick/disabled and have depleted your regular stock of coffee accessories.

Oh, and happy

to all!
Old May 3, 2019, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by navi_jen
Err, um, JRL, how many of those flights did you actually drink? Methinks it might have been more than 1.

Kipper, if it helps, I always keep a box of Starbucks Via and non-refrigerated ultra-pasteurized milk (in juice box sizes, available in a very small case of 12 at Whole Foods) on hand...it's a godsend when you are tired/sick/disabled and have depleted your regular stock of coffee accessories.

Oh, and happy

to all!
I so rarely need milk that it's not a huge issue. Usually, we pick up milk on Sundays, but didn't because Mr. Kipper was leaving on Monday and Sunday was so crazy for both of us.

I did pick up milk and Chips Ahoy cookies this week. Those were my dinner last night, and are usually a staple when Mr. Kipper travels.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Superman statue:

Metropolis Tourism

Does this mean that you've never visited the Spam (processed meat) museum?
Old May 3, 2019, 4:35 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Mrs767 is a fiber-arts aficionada
Does that mean that, whilst you're sipping specialty beers - - - she's sipping Metamucil?!?!?

Sorry, Mrs767!
Zorak likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does this mean that you've never visited the Spam (processed meat) museum?
I've never really gotten outside the Twin Cities when I've been in Minnesota, so not yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.