Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Congrats in advance. Did the new bright red brag tags incentivize you at all?

Have fun getting from Providence to BOS today. Do you plan to take the train? [If there's a weather waiver, DL should let you fly from PVD instead of BOS if that would help, but the last time I checked there were only about three flights a day, mostly on CRJ-900 sized aircraft, although DL might have 717s on this route now. Of course there's no SC at PVD so you'd feel more trapped at the airport if there are bad delays.] If you do the VDB, presumably you'd spend the night there, right, or have you already found some potential late night options through DTW or ATL? At least Providence (and Boston too) is pretty in the snow, although the city is surprisingly hilly.
I’ll take commuter rail from downtown Providence to BOS. I did consider switching to PVD (I’ve switched BOS to PVD in the past when there was a weather waiver) but the combination of more flights, bigger planes, and the SC (two!) at BOS made me decide to stick with BOS. If I can get up there early enough, there is a connection through ATL with the second flight on a 777. I’m in paid F so if the space is available I should be able to SDC and make my first flight (all 2.5 hours of it) as a 1MM in the suites. I like that idea, but given the weather chaos I’m not counting on it.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That's cool if you can do it. I didn't realize that there were any domestic flights to/from MSP with flat beds. Is BOS-ATL-MSP a legal routing for your fare? Whenever I look, I seem to find a lot of MSP fares, especially including what used to be the G A P fares, that require the nonstops if the city pair has nonstop service.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
That's cool if you can do it. I didn't realize that there were any domestic flights to/from MSP with flat beds. Is BOS-ATL-MSP a legal routing for your fare? Whenever I look, I seem to find a lot of MSP fares, especially including what used to be the G A P fares, that require the nonstops if the city pair has nonstop service.
1) BOS-ATL-MSP does show up on the list of options for BOS-MSP. But I don’t know if that means it’s a legal routing. It’s fairly far down the list on the flight search.
2) All the flights (including my nonstop) are delayed at least a couple of hours today, so even if I could have SDCed to the BOS-ATL-MSP routing I would have missed the connecting flight on the 777.

I haven’t checked whether that 777 flight is a regular one or just today, some sort of positioning flight.

Edited to add: I just checked. The ATL-MSP flight on the 777 is on a 737 tomorrow and a week from today also, so it’s just today. Maybe it’s one that’s just been reconfigured to add C+ to the Suites and PS.

Last edited by CarmenOM; Mar 4, 2019 at 9:21 am
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
I’ve temporarily escaped the cold, but not the snow. I’m in Providence, which got about a foot of snow last night, as did BOS. I’m scheduled to fly BOS-MSP this evening and hoping that weather delays or cancellations might enable me to get a VDB.

This return flight to MSP will get me to 1MM.
Congrats! You can expect your key to the secret inflight VIP washroom to arrive shortly.

[left]Congrats in advance. Did the new bright red brag tags incentivize you at all?
My bright red tags showed up in the mail a week or two ago. Still not one on my bag. My bright green Kryptonium Medallion tag is much more impressive.
CarmenOM likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:19 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Mr. Kipper gets to experience Southwest for the first time. He and I are both going to get the new car.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kipper
Mr. Kipper gets to experience Southwest for the first time. He and I are both going to get the new car.
Not sure how you feel about Southwest, but they're definitely not my favorite airline....
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:24 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
MAEN to the Lounge from PEN!

Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Not sure how you feel about Southwest, but they're definitely not my favorite airline....
Not my favorite either, but they are cheap.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:02 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
If I'd known this was a pilsner I'm not sure I would have ordered it but I do like to try local beers.

Verdict: Bintangweiser
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
If I'd known this was a pilsner I'm not sure I would have ordered it but I do like to try local beers.

LOL, at least Budvar is good.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
MAEN.

Off to the races for another exciting day on the rat race. Have a good day all.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Happy Thorsday overmorrow!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak

That glass looks wrong for a beer, but the setting seems OK.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:12 am

Morning!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Good evening from Basel, Switzerland. I just got there by yesterday afternoon. I flew on American Airlines and British Airways, as well. I flew on a new aircraft. I flew on 777–300ER aircraft. I did says “Wow!” It’s so beautiful. I flew out Miami to London, but I flew out PHX-MIA-LHR-BSL. I sleep all 3 empty seats out of Miami to London. I decided that I followed the flight tracker. I used international WiFi. I read my Facebook and I texts to my friends on WhatsApp. That was so cool! I already pay international WiFi on my flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.