Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
I don't appreciate your backhanded question.
Sigh
Originally Posted by defrosted
I love this response.
LOL
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Phew. They are too cute to consider being anything but loveable. Particularly that pup on the right with the split fur face. OMG too cute. Plus, I have a thing for turtles. I love turtles.
I love the pups. I find turtles interesting, and have been known to stop for turtles crossing the road.
That means nothing to me.
LOL
tough break.
Sigh
That's right. You've been served.
Groan!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kipper
Sigh

LOL

I love the pups. I find turtles interesting, and have been known to stop for turtles crossing the road.

LOL

Sigh

Groan!
I knew someone would appreciate the volley.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
tough break.
Match point.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Match point.
you're a day (and a few hours) late
Originally Posted by jrl767
game, set, match!
and does "dollar ninety-four-point-two" refer to how much an economist might be short?

let's just let it go ... else we're courting disaster because somebody will doubtless lob another one to contribute to the racket here
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Match point.
“Quiet, please, thank you.”

Originally Posted by jrl767
let it go ...
Can’t hold it back anymore.....

Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

“Quiet, please, thank you.”

Can’t hold it back anymore.....

Say it in song. Oh, and happy Wednesday. Another long night with a sick pup. Off to the vet today.

Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Say it in song. Oh, and happy Wednesday. Another long night with a sick pup. Off to the vet today.

Say it in song
Not the song I had it mind with “Can’t hold it back anymore”. This is the one.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sorry, now about those MAX 8s.....
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!
Attached Images  
defrosted likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:19 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
MAEN!
LOL
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:43 pm

PSA: Trump just issued an emergency order to ground the MAX8/9 in the USA, effective immediately, although aircraft currently in flight can continue to their (next) destination.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
PSA: Trump just issued an emergency order to ground the MAX8/9 in the USA, effective immediately, although aircraft currently in flight can continue to their (next) destination.
I admit to not following this MAX issue closely, but it seems like the universe is reacting disproportionately to what appears to be a more coincidental than systemic problem. How many MAX flights have occurred WITHOUT a problem? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands?

I certainly understand and deeply sympathize with the tragedies -- and I can't imagine a single FF'er who wouldn't identify with the slight, but ever-present possibility of such a thing -- but let's allow the more technical and calmer heads prevail here, rather than bury a company whom the world relies upon to get from Point-A to Point-B.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:55 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheHorta
I admit to not following this MAX issue closely, but it seems like the universe is reacting disproportionately to what appears to be a more coincidental than systemic problem. How many MAX flights have occurred WITHOUT a problem? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands?
Well, as a seasoned 2MM NW/DL flyer, with a bunch of miles on other airlines, plus, a few flying lessons in a Cessna 152 about 35 years ago, based on everything I've heard on TV, I have my own expert opinion about this thing . . . . but, I'm not posting that here

That said . . . . I guess if Trump / the FAA DIDN'T ground them, and there was another accident involving a US based plane, it would be a MASSIVE problem for the administration . . . . not that he needs any more!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Please remember that without Early Intervention (EI), Boeing would just be Bong.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by TheHorta

I certainly understand and deeply sympathize with the tragedies -- and I can't imagine a single FF'er who wouldn't identify with the slight, but ever-present possibility of such a thing -- but let's allow the more technical and calmer heads prevail here, rather than bury a company whom the world relies upon to get from Point-A to Point-B.
I think the purpose of the grounding is to allow the more technical and calmer heads to prevail. This isn't exactly burying the company; they still have hundreds or thousands of other aircraft including 737s flying. They'll take a stock hit, but I imagine it will bounce back.

To me, this is two losses within a six month period under somewhat similar circumstances allegedly related to the stall avoidance system. I think it's worth a pause to seek out the root cause. Some travelers will be adversely affected, but I assume most of those on canceled flights will reach their destinations by tomorrow at the latest. The airlines have probably been working contingency plans for how to adjust their route networks if the a/c were grounded since the incident occurred five days ago.
ATOBTTR and defrosted like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.