Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's sad when your car is replaced. I still miss my last "baby" and it's been several years.
I will miss this car, but we're now making plans to send Mr. Kipper to pick up the new one. I've threatened to buy a pink, sparkly steering wheel cover for his car, which will become my car, just to see his reaction.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
I will miss this car, but we're now making plans to send Mr. Kipper to pick up the new one. I've threatened to buy a pink, sparkly steering wheel cover for his car, which will become my car, just to see his reaction.
There are other ways of "marking" it as yours just so that Me Kipper cannot forget.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:06 pm

There are other ways of "marking" it as yours just so that Me Kipper cannot forget.
LOL, but a sparkly pink steering wheel cover is easy.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by navi_jen
... Oh, and the answer is meatballs, always meatballs. ...
speaking of meatballs ... this was in the Washington Post today
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.676ca222411a
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
LOL, but a sparkly pink steering wheel cover is easy.
and, speaking as one who has met Mr. Kipper, probably a good bet
(for some reason, I just don’t think that’s his style)

Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by jrl767

Oh, yum, thank you. Delta's FC cabin and Progresso's Italian wedding soup both share 1 trait..good meatballs.

Kipper, hope you are on the mend and enjoying your new to you car. I found another spot of rust on the wagon this week, I do think the end is coming sooner rather than later. But 185k fewer miles is quite impressive. What was your previous car, may I ask? It was pretty darn stout, I'd say.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Happy new work week. At least so far it's Monday and not Snowday, just Coldday.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:12 am

and, speaking as one who has met Mr. Kipper, probably a good bet
(for some reason, I just don’t think that’s his style)
It isn't his style, which is part of why I want to decorate the car for when he returns home, simply because his reaction will be priceless. I forgot... he's on here now... Grr!
Oh, yum, thank you. Delta's FC cabin and Progresso's Italian wedding soup both share 1 trait..good meatballs.

Kipper, hope you are on the mend and enjoying your new to you car. I found another spot of rust on the wagon this week, I do think the end is coming sooner rather than later. But 185k fewer miles is quite impressive. What was your previous car, may I ask? It was pretty darn stout, I'd say.
The Slavic food consumed on Saturday helped some, but it's an upper respiratory infection of some sort. I'm hoping to push through everything for much of the week without being too miserable. I'm working from home today, even though I probably should go into work, but I don't know that anyone else wants to catch this URI.

My old car was a 2005.5 VW Jetta TDI. We purchased it when it had about 140k on it. We sold it with about 205.5k on it, for $750 less than what we paid for it. Mr. Kipper will get the car he is buying near DFW, and I'll get his car. His car has about 41k, his new one about 20k. We'll have matching 2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDIs, although paint color and a few features will be slightly different. Yes, all of the vehicles are manual transmissions.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
We got more snow here!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Oh, and the answer is meatballs, always meatballs.
Yes, but meatballs are so spaghetto.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
It is. Although I'm sad to see my car go.
I don't need to replace my car, but I do need to buy new tires. I picked up a nail in the left rear, and the current tires are approaching 50k miles so I'm just going to replace rather than try to repair.

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

I made a Dwight Schrute reference in another thread the other day. Two Dwight Schrute references in ~24 hours (based on the time of your post). #Winning haha
Bears, beets, Battlestar Gallactica.

Let's grab a beer soon. Maybe on a SATurday but not next SATurday because I have a race the next morning. I'll text you.

Thanks for that. We've mostly eliminated red meat from our diets (with a "When in Rome" exception if we show up to someone's house and they made a homemade brisket or we happen to be in Greece and can't pass up gyro/souvlaki), so I'm excited to see what look like delicious pork, turkey, and chicken options. I'll probably try at least a couple of these.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Yes, but meatballs are so spaghetto.
LOL
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I don't need to replace my car, but I do need to buy new tires. I picked up a nail in the left rear, and the current tires are approaching 50k miles so I'm just going to replace rather than try to repair.
Replacing the tires makes sense.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I’ve temporarily escaped the cold, but not the snow. I’m in Providence, which got about a foot of snow last night, as did BOS. I’m scheduled to fly BOS-MSP this evening and hoping that weather delays or cancellations might enable me to get a VDB.

This return flight to MSP will get me to 1MM.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Ugh, my back hurts. Just spent the last 2 hours shoveling my driveway, my walk and the roof. Pics to come. We got a crapton of snow in 7 hours.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by CarmenOM

I’ve temporarily escaped the cold, but not the snow. I’m in Providence, which got about a foot of snow last night, as did BOS. I’m scheduled to fly BOS-MSP this evening and hoping that weather delays or cancellations might enable me to get a VDB.

This return flight to MSP will get me to 1MM.
Congrats in advance. Did the new bright red brag tags incentivize you at all?

Have fun getting from Providence to BOS today. Do you plan to take the train? [If there's a weather waiver, DL should let you fly from PVD instead of BOS if that would help, but the last time I checked there were only about three flights a day, mostly on CRJ-900 sized aircraft, although DL might have 717s on this route now. Of course there's no SC at PVD so you'd feel more trapped at the airport if there are bad delays.] If you do the VDB, presumably you'd spend the night there, right, or have you already found some potential late night options through DTW or ATL? At least Providence (and Boston too) is pretty in the snow, although the city is surprisingly hilly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.