Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
What if we all wore PJ’s we’ve received from the airlines?

Sadly I never got a pair of D1 PJs but I did get Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic.
I'm not into Virgins. I prefer experience,

I've never gotten PJ's from any airline. There must be something in my profile that I sleep nude. I do have Nicole Miller hospital PJ's though.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I have a bunch of SQ FC PJs and one AA set. Sadly no D1, VS, or VA.

The ones I think I'd want are CX and QF, but I haven't been on any longhaul flights on these carriers since they began giving out PJs.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I have a bunch of SQ FC PJs and one AA set. Sadly no D1, VS, or VA.

The ones I think I'd want are CX and QF, but I haven't been on any longhaul flights on these carriers since they began giving out PJs.
I find the airline PJs to be too heavy. Especially for the temp many Asian airlines like to keep the cabin. I have received KE and MU as well.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
For my first APAC D1 flight, I changed into flannel jammies. Never again. Leggings and a loose tshirt is my standard sleeping redeye attire...with a freshen up in the DL arrivals lounge suits me just fine.

Good news is that I have an extra long weekend planned. Bad news is it's for me to oversee to move of my Mom from her home of 35 years to a condo Oh, and that Pumpkin's tummy upsets have been caused by a bad case of worms. A heavy dose of Pancur (resulting in a spectacularly bad vomit midway thru a con-call yesterday) has him on the mend tho.

Sorry I missed last night. Yet another house tour. Still no perfect house yet
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:24 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by navi_jen
For my first APAC D1 flight, I changed into flannel jammies. Never again. Leggings and a loose tshirt is my standard sleeping redeye attire...with a freshen up in the DL arrivals lounge suits me just fine.

Good news is that I have an extra long weekend planned. Bad news is it's for me to oversee to move of my Mom from her home of 35 years to a condo Oh, and that Pumpkin's tummy upsets have been caused by a bad case of worms. A heavy dose of Pancur (resulting in a spectacularly bad vomit midway thru a con-call yesterday) has him on the mend tho.

Sorry I missed last night. Yet another house tour. Still no perfect house yet
Poor you and poor Pumpkin. Are they thinking all of his tummy troubles have been from that?
Old Oct 10, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by kipper
Poor you and poor Pumpkin. Are they thinking all of his tummy troubles have been from that?
Thanks. Yep, after the Panacur, everything is getting back to normal. Another dose in 21 days, and he should be all set. Thank goodness they sell it over the counter. He loves to eat things laying on the ground (and lapping up the water in whatever body of water he's in) so unfortunately, he's had worms more times than I can count, so I know the drill.

Happy SAT urday all
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by navi_jen; Oct 10, 2020 at 5:09 am
Old Oct 10, 2020, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by navi_jen
Thanks. Yep, after the Panacur, everything is getting back to normal. Another dose in 21 days, and he should be all set. Thank goodness they sell it over the counter. He loves to eat things laying on the ground (and lapping up the water in whatever body of water he's in) so unfortunately, he's had worms more times than I can count, so I know the drill.

Happy SAT urday all
Poor Pumpkin! He looks adorable!
Old Oct 10, 2020, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Very excited to have finally used sage from my balcony! I marinated chicken in sweet pomegranate wine and chopped sage, and baked it. The wine isn't great to drink on its own; next time I may cook some in a frying pan and reduce it down afterwards to make a sauce. Also had spaghetti and spinach salad.

I went shopping at the Russian supermarket today since they were having a huge sale. I got enough food for 2-3 weeks, including some tasty treats like smoked salmon and tuna steak.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

-J.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GW McLintock

I went shopping at the Russian supermarket today since they were having a huge sale. I got enough food for 2-3 weeks, including some tasty treats like smoked salmon and tuna steak.
-J.
Stocking up for a zombie invasion?
Old Oct 10, 2020, 7:57 pm

Very excited to have finally used sage from my balcony! I marinated chicken in sweet pomegranate wine and chopped sage, and baked it. The wine isn't great to drink on its own; next time I may cook some in a frying pan and reduce it down afterwards to make a sauce. Also had spaghetti and spinach salad.

-J.
Russian supermarket? Mmm...
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere

-J.
Have you found a pigeon recipe that you like?
You'll save trips to the store.

The hurricane missed MSY by many miles. We had about an inch of rain and wind in the mid to high 20 mph range Friday evening. Today was sunny and breezy, a beautiful day. I feel for those folks who got devastated by Laura and then smacked again by Delta.

The busiest fire station in the city is down the street from us so the energy company trimmed trees to insure that power wouldn't go out for them and that branches wouldn't break off and block the street.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by TomMM
Stocking up for a zombie invasion?
They just had some amazing deals this weekend!
Russian supermarket? Mmm...
They have a huge selection of eastern European foods. All stuff that I love.

BTW, the sage is protected under the watchful eyes of Hootie He is doing a splendid job.

-J.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:33 pm

They just had some amazing deals this weekend!

They have a huge selection of eastern European foods. All stuff that I love.

BTW, the sage is protected under the watchful eyes of Hootie He is doing a splendid job.

-J.
Perhaps I should place an order with you before your next visit to Philadelphia.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Perhaps I should place an order with you before your next visit to Philadelphia.
Here's their website: https://www.netcostmarket.com/

One of the things that I got today was sugar, since I don't have any and it's just a good staple to have in the house. The sugar that was on sale (900 g for 99 cents!) was by a brand called Natsional, but in Russian it is Национал. I had to write a note that the label starts with the letter H

-J.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Figurehead Brewing this evening

MSPeconomist, Zorak and ATOBTTR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.