Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is that your mother's dog looking so royal on the sofa? Pumpkin looks a bit annoyed, bit annoyed, but he's still guarding the tree.

BTW, nice wall moldings.
Thank you...the house is quite nice for a rental.

Yes, Baby is my Mom's Pekinese, looking down on all us humans (and puppies). He doesn't like that Baby is a constant presence on my Mom's lap. It's a little harder to do when you are 45 lbs (and I only have loveseats). Here he is looking a little happier in our 12 inches of Christmas snow.

Merry Christmas to all, including Buddy and the kitties.
catmndu and GW McLintock like this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
My wife's Christmas present from AMEX - it posted this morning. Very unlikely that shell make the next level by year end.

Track Your Status Boost™

Only 6 days left! Earn 15,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $60,000.00 in eligible purchases by December 31.

$30,007.98 spent

$29,992.02 to go
You beat me! I went over by $71.76. I think I have enough MQMs and will hold off until next year for the 25% bonus. I was going to keep DL spend under the GM threshold (and under the Amex waiver), but I couldn't get my head around the best 2nd airline for me that was worth it to switch to, so I'll probably just stick with DL and spend away. I have limited international travel so I can't juice my MQD or OAL equiv, by using partners. Thus 2 large spends for multiple top tiers is probably too much for me. Maybe AA platinum pro would be good enough. Alaska just seems too limited for me. I know there is the OW thing coming up, but who knows how the reciprocity and priorities will work out. UAL has not been enjoyable for me in the past. so here I am...
Old Dec 26, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
In her case timing is everything. She made her final purchase on the card on the 24th which posted on the 25th. Her statement closed on the 25th and the MQM were available on the 26th. No wondering when they'd arrive. Still no notification from DL but I checked with the direct link ( https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action ) and they were there.
I'm not happy with the loss of RDM's for the spend but the value of the Reserve Companion Certificate exceeds the cost of the card so she'll keep hers.
I gift her Gold so she doesn't bother with status any more.

Other airlines don't matter to us. We're stuck with DL, especially with the nonrev international travel. My maintaining DM on DL gives us everything we need. And we'll save on the next 2 trips with the kids where we normally get them award tickets. They each got their 2 free trip tickets from DL so that's 2 European vacations we don't have to cover.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Dec 26, 2020 at 8:35 pm
Old Dec 27, 2020, 5:48 pm

Question...If I buy Delta gift cards on the AMEX Skymiles Card, would those count towards the Waiver? Does it matter if purchased from Delta or Costco, for example. It says prepaid cards don't count, but nothing about gift cards. This is a 2021 question.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by erasmusmrr
Question...If I buy Delta gift cards on the AMEX Skymiles Card, would those count towards the Waiver? Does it matter if purchased from Delta or Costco, for example. It says prepaid cards don't count, but nothing about gift cards. This is a 2021 question.
Quote from AMEX T&C

Eligible purchases do NOT include fees, interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers' checks, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person transactions, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 8:18 pm

Im not seeing that. Where does this say gift cards? This is from my amex skymiles benefits page.

Eligible purchases do NOT include fees, interest charges, cash advances, purchases of travelers' checks, person-to-person transactions, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 12:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by erasmusmrr
Im not seeing that. Where does this say gift cards? This is from my amex skymiles benefits page.

Eligible purchases do NOT include fees, interest charges, cash advances, purchases of travelers' checks, person-to-person transactions, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents.
A gift card is a cash equivalent.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Morning, Lounge™.

-J.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:47 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Morning, Lounge™.

-J.
Morning!!!
Old Dec 28, 2020, 9:29 am

Y'all have some really cute pets. Love it!
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by blueflyer3
Y'all have some really cute pets. Love it!
Share if you have your own! Polly waves "Hi!"
Sorry for the huge photo. I couldn't figure out how to make it smaller. Advice on sizing uploaded photos is appreciated.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by El Boocho
Sorry for the huge photo. I couldn't figure out how to make it smaller. Advice on sizing uploaded photos is appreciated.

Not exactly a pet, but Baby Yoda was trying to steal a sip of beer. I’m not sure how to select a size if uploading from a computer unless you save the file as a smaller size in another program. From my iPhone, when I select a photo from the library there’s a box at the bottom of the page that says “Show selected; Actual size”. Clicking that brings up options to re-size to small, medium, or large. I usually pick medium.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by El Boocho
Polly is cute!
Old Dec 28, 2020, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I have some bad news. Squeak has tested positive for COVID

He is resting in sunny Florida and well on his way to making a full recovery. However he will not be in attendance on Thorsday.

-J.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I have some bad news. Squeak has tested positive for COVID

He is resting in sunny Florida and well on his way to making a full recovery. However he will not be in attendance on Thorsday.

-J.
Oh, no!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.