Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2021, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
that’ll be a REWARD
🥃🥃

speaking of — finalizing timing for a brewpub meetup with navi_jen this afternoon
Speaking of, the soon-to-be ex-Mr. Kipper will be flying into SEA on my birthday.
Old May 22, 2021, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I just got home from my last airline's hangar. They had an event for Mosaic members today where we got to check out the new airplanes, try the new caterer's food, and they had an open bar. The old VP of inflight (a man who I don't have much respect anymore) was there but luckily a very good friend of mine was bartending, so I am a happy camper.

-J.
I hope there was a nice Breeze! The friend I was planning to share bourbon with is out of town for work, so I'm drinking beer. Mrs. P is at a "ladies of surgery" party drinking wine.

We got a lot of work done today but have more to do tomorrow. We've already taken one truck bed load of donation items to a thrift store, and we have about another full bed worth set out to donate this week. Of course, I'll also be watching the Premier League final match day with positions 3-5 on the line. Great win for the Crew tonight coming back from 1-0 down in the 80th minute to pick up 3 points.
Old May 23, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
Speaking of, the soon-to-be ex-Mr. Kipper will be flying into SEA on my birthday.
That's a nice birthday present.
Old May 23, 2021, 5:41 pm

Geno made it almost 72 hours without a nosebleed, but then had a bad one.
Old May 23, 2021, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Geno made it almost 72 hours without a nosebleed, but then had a bad one.
Oh, Geno.
Old May 23, 2021, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by ysolde
Oh, Geno.
Yep. I think he gets a little too energetic and blows the clot out.
Old May 23, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yep. I think he gets a little too energetic and blows the clot out.
Energetic sounds good, in that it must mean that he's feeling well.
Old May 24, 2021, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Energetic sounds good, in that it must mean that he's feeling well.
Yes, but I'd prefer him to not be quite so energetic if it means the clot stays put and has time to heal completely.
N830MH, MSPeconomist and ysolde like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yes, but I'd prefer him to not be quite so energetic if it means the clot stays put and has time to heal completely.
Get better soon. Just take it easy. Rest well!
Old May 24, 2021, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
Get better soon. Just take it easy. Rest well!
I hope he does.
N830MH and ysolde like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Can you see the bleed or is it hidden up in the nostril? If it's visible you could ask your vet about using an external clotting agent. Unfortunately, with the location you can't use pressure which is a main method of bleeding control.

When he gets active, his blood pressure rises and blows the clot. I'm sort of surprised that he was OK for 72 hours and then it started again. Sometimes, depending on the cause and location, it's just a continuous small bleed or drip and he swallows the blood so you don't know he's bleeding. Check his stools and if they're blackish, that's probably the case.
Old May 25, 2021, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Can you see the bleed or is it hidden up in the nostril? If it's visible you could ask your vet about using an external clotting agent. Unfortunately, with the location you can't use pressure which is a main method of bleeding control.

When he gets active, his blood pressure rises and blows the clot. I'm sort of surprised that he was OK for 72 hours and then it started again. Sometimes, depending on the cause and location, it's just a continuous small bleed or drip and he swallows the blood so you don't know he's bleeding. Check his stools and if they're blackish, that's probably the case.
It is hidden up his nostril.
Old May 25, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
It is hidden up his nostril.
Your vet is probably as frustrated as you are at this point. Again, check his stools - black, tarry stools would indicate a drip and that he's swallowing blood. I'm assuming that you'd have said something if he was vomiting or you saw blood in his mouth when his nose wasn't bleeding.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Most times this doesn't have a major cause, but...
Old May 25, 2021, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Your vet is probably as frustrated as you are at this point. Again, check his stools - black, tarry stools would indicate a drip and that he's swallowing blood. I'm assuming that you'd have said something if he was vomiting or you saw blood in his mouth when his nose wasn't bleeding.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Most times this doesn't have a major cause, but...
He has black tarry stools the day after a nosebleed, but given that he's had one every day lately, it isn't helpful.

I haven't seen blood in his mouth when he doesn't have a nosebleed.
Old May 25, 2021, 8:59 pm

He has black tarry stools the day after a nosebleed, but given that he's had one every day lately, it isn't helpful.

I haven't seen blood in his mouth when he doesn't have a nosebleed.
Yes, you're correct. The stools would only be meaningful if he didn't have a nosebleed for days but continued to have the black, tarry stools which would then indicate that he was still bleeding slowly, but swallowing it all.

I don't mean to be a PITA and I'm not playing Vet, but I've had a fair amount of experience and I wanted to be sure that you knew about being on the lookout for these symptoms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.