Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Mr. Kipper changed the locks on the door while I was at the hotel....

This was planned maintenance, and before I left for the hotel, he ensured I had a key for the new locks.
Zorak likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:55 am

Morning, Lounge!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by kipper
Morning, Lounge!
MAEN!

Thorsday is overmorrow!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Thorsday is overmorrow!
This week is extremely crazy for me. Mr. Kipper and I have a dinner tonight. Tomorrow and Thursday, I have PT for my knee after work. Friday, Mr. Kipper is going to prepare food for a potluck on Saturday. Saturday morning, I'll pick up 5 or 6 Bernese Mountain Dog puppies, then drop off our three kibblers at the kennel, and then Mr. Kipper and I will drive the puppies to Michigan, and on Sunday, we'll drive home.

I'm crazy busy at work, and am just looking forward to making it through these next few weeks.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I have been thinking long and hard. Halloween is of course All Hallows Eve - so I think we need to come up with a name in the lounge for the Eve of Thorsday - what say ya'alls?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This week is extremely crazy for me. Mr. Kipper and I have a dinner tonight. Tomorrow and Thursday, I have PT for my knee after work. Friday, Mr. Kipper is going to prepare food for a potluck on Saturday. Saturday morning, I'll pick up 5 or 6 Bernese Mountain Dog puppies, then drop off our three kibblers at the kennel, and then Mr. Kipper and I will drive the puppies to Michigan, and on Sunday, we'll drive home.

I'm crazy busy at work, and am just looking forward to making it through these next few weeks.
I think your three grown up dogs should all go with you on the road trip. Why should the puppies have all the fun, plus you two will be lonely on the way home? it's not like you deserve (another) honeymoon without the kids. Plus, it will save you from having to do a couple errands. Also, those poor dogs are probably still traumatized from Mr. Kipper having banished them to the living room or worse when you were gone. It seems only fair.....
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: Delta GM
I booked a 10,000+ MQM TATL itinerary in basic economy.

I think I need help.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by jrl767
another Sunday night redeye awaits ... SEA-DTW-IAD, hoping to get on DTW-DCA despite absence of F availability
JRL, how often/how many years have you been doing this stretch? I had to do Thursday SEA>BOS redeyes for about 9 months (every other week, before layflats) and I said never again...
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Howste
Welcome to Canada.
Canada?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:14 am

Saturday morning, I'll pick up 5 or 6 Bernese Mountain Dog puppies, then drop off our three kibblers at the kennel, and then Mr. Kipper and I will drive the puppies to Michigan, and on Sunday, we'll drive home.
Pics mandatory, you must share the cuteness or be banished to Monday Eve forevermore.
Also, is this rescue transport? I would love to do this...but alas Boston is normally on the receiving end.
MSPeconomist and JoelThomas like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Pics mandatory...
I second this.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think your three grown up dogs should all go with you on the road trip. Why should the puppies have all the fun, plus you two will be lonely on the way home? it's not like you deserve (another) honeymoon without the kids. Plus, it will save you from having to do a couple errands. Also, those poor dogs are probably still traumatized from Mr. Kipper having banished them to the living room or worse when you were gone. It seems only fair.....
LOL, the puppies and our dogs shouldn't meet, as the puppies are likely NPOG (no paws on the ground), as they haven't had all of their vaccines.
Pics mandatory, you must share the cuteness or be banished to Monday Eve forevermore.
Also, is this rescue transport? I would love to do this...but alas Boston is normally on the receiving end.
I can post photos. I don't want to be banished to Monday Eve forevermore!

It is a rescue transport. Boston usually is on the receiving end, although they still need people to drive that last leg or, when pups fly to Boston, people to pick them up at the airport. Also, I know an amazing rescue who is always looking for fosters in New England as their pups tend to be adopted quickly once they are on the ground in New England.
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
I second this.
LOL, I'll post photos.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Canada?
Taken in context of the discussion previous to that you should have realized it was April Fools Day.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:02 am

It is a rescue transport. Boston usually is on the receiving end, although they still need people to drive that last leg or, when pups fly to Boston, people to pick them up at the airport. Also, I know an amazing rescue who is always looking for fosters in New England as their pups tend to be adopted quickly once they are on the ground in New England.
Kipper, would you PM the info? My house is a mess, but I would consider at least learning about fosters. Pumpkin is good with everyone.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
I booked a 10,000+ MQM TATL itinerary in basic economy.

I think I need help.
Err - indeed. I would not do it - but now you have I find Gin or Woodford do help a little.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.