Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Troppy

i completely agree. It’s even better since they severed the relationship with the CSR cardholders.
Escape seemed to get very quiet after PP lost them, and service got worse. I was worried whether they were going to make it.

Seems to be solid, but not overcrowded, now though.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
widebodies are all going out of G (maybe a few in F) whereas C is exclusively narrowbody (and tends to be the smaller narrowbodies at that) and RJ.
Yes, some of the widebody international flights go out of F.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
What's the latest G opening time frame? Looking forward to the shower.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Where was the size of the ORD lounge released? I assume this is in the refurbishment/move to T5, in which case perhaps its intended to host AF/KL/AZ as well?
It's on a sign outside of current ORD SkyClub and does mention T5
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Where is that thread about MSP SC construction?

I am connecting through MSP tomorrow on my way to LAX and cannot find a thread that mentioned at least a different entrance for F/G.

Where might I look to know the best path after landing at C14? The train system confuses me even on a good day since MSP is a rare stop for me.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Enter at the top of G.
Xeno likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club

This is the temp entrance to the club. They also have staff at the old entrance giving directions to it.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bonoman

This is the temp entrance to the club. They also have staff at the old entrance giving directions to it.
Isnt that the old 2nd enterance? The club originally had entrances on both sides, but for some reason they closed off one awhile back.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Isnt that the old 2nd enterance? The club originally had entrances on both sides, but for some reason they closed off one awhile back.
That was probably 10 years ago, but I believe yes it was. It is where the old "quiet section" was at MSP till all the clubs removed those signs.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yeah, the old second entrance was turned into the quiet area, and then someone decided to take down the quite area signs, so it's just a small seating area almost below the buffet. Between the old quiet seating area and the old second entrance there's a small hallway leading to some staff areas.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz

Thanks for painting such a clear picture that even I can find this!
bonoman likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
That was probably 10 years ago, but I believe yes it was. It is where the old "quiet section" was at MSP till all the clubs removed those signs.
Yeah, definitely the old entrance. And there was no one giving directions when I was there earlier today - just the sign.
Was freakin' packed about 5pm.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
The simplest way to get to the F-G SkyClub will be to take the skybridge that is near your C-14 arrival gate. The skybridge goes to G so you can then just follow G down to the SC entrance shown in the photo above. It will be just past a Caribou Coffee. You can also take the tram and then walk down the main mall to G

I expect you know that there is also a SkyClub near C-12, close to your arrival gate. It tends to be less crowded and looks out on a runway, whereas the F-G club looks out on nothing.
Xeno and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:42 pm
Suspended

The C gate SkyClub at least has a runway view and, at least when I go, is less crowded. That being said, I think the food selection might be better at the F/G gates one.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
The C gate SkyClub at least has a runway view and, at least when I go, is less crowded. That being said, I think the food selection might be better at the F/G gates one.
It has fireplaces, cubicles, and still a bit of the old PMNW classy "backwoods/far north" furniture in black leather and cream tones. It's much better than the ice blue, white plastic, and chrome decor with fake plush velvet of the F/G SC that has long looked much more beat up and worn, almost from the first day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.