Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: delta , Priority club, Air Tran, Swiss airlines, Air Canada, Centurion; Amex Platinum,etc
ZRH- ATL and vice versa
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WWads
This is why DL needs a Texas hub.
Selfishly I'd suggest IAH. I don't know off hand, how many nonstop routes do they have out of DFW or AUS? They have a handful out of IAH, I should know I think I've flown all of them over my 7 years of living there.

For a laugh and knowing it would never happen, DAL would be a fun airport for a Delta/WN death match!
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Selfishly I'd suggest IAH. I don't know off hand, how many nonstop routes do they have out of DFW or AUS? They have a handful out of IAH, I should know I think I've flown all of them over my 7 years of living there.

For a laugh and knowing it would never happen, DAL would be a fun airport for a Delta/WN death match!
How about DAL for such a death match?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by coolie1
ZRH- ATL and vice versa
It currently operates as a seasonal route. I've got a ticket for it in late May. (Only way I could get a single connection route on the way to meeting up with family in Basel for a river cruise a few days later, so I was very glad for its existence)
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck

IAH is definitely the weakest of DL's TX stations (relative to its size and influence), just ATL, MSP and SLC mainline, LGA will finally be upgauged in Apr with the A220. DTW is all regional, no service at all to LAX or SEA, much less BOS and RDU, no SC.

AUS is great for the future with the focus city, new gates and SC coming soon. It already has the most nonstop routes of any Texas station. Mainline to all hubs inc. SEA, mainline to BOS, and RJ to RDU and CVG. It is as connected as possible without
a. venturing into a competitor/non-major DL city
b. more gates which it will get soon, it's capped running 9 turns a day out of 3 dedicated gates, I believe the final plan is to run 10 turns a day out of 5 dedicated gates.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
/\ DFW does actually have a SC believe it or not. Surprised me when I learned that.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Really it wasn’t that long ago that Delta had DFW. I never thought it made sense for them to get rid of that operation - I get that competition was fierce with the AA hub and Southwest at DAL, but surely it’s a waste of resources for so many passengers to have to backtrack to connect through ATL? (And I wonder how many potential connecting customers they’ve lost because AA/UA can get you there faster via DFW/IAH?)
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:53 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by strickerj

Really it wasn’t that long ago that Delta had DFW. I never thought it made sense for them to get rid of that operation - I get that competition was fierce with the AA hub and Southwest at DAL, but surely it’s a waste of resources for so many passengers to have to backtrack to connect through ATL? (And I wonder how many potential connecting customers they’ve lost because AA/UA can get you there faster via DFW/IAH?)
Hasn't Delta designated AUS a focus city? I believe there's already service to all DL hubs. Maybe if there's enough growth they would consider expanding to including some regional services in a few years, to help avoid the ATL backtracking?
DeltaFan4Now likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by ryw
Hasn't Delta designated AUS a focus city? I believe there's already service to all DL hubs. Maybe if there's enough growth they would consider expanding to including some regional services in a few years, to help avoid the ATL backtracking?
See my post above

I just posted this in the 'Austin SC' thread, but the plans from what I heard for the immediate future (as soon as the new terminal expansion opens later this month) is to go from 9 turns per day at 3 dedicated gates to 10 turns per day at 5 dedicated gates.

Peak daily departures will therefore go from 27 to 50, rumored destinations are unsurprisingly other tech boom areas, even though they are 2, 3, even 4x covered by competitors such as PDX, DEN, SJC, BNA.

Also depends on what you mean by 'a few' years. Here's a snippet from a local newsmagazine:
https://communityimpact.com/austin/r...uble-capacity/

On the heels of a $350 million, nine-gate expansion set to open this spring, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport has plans to add an additional 32 gates—an evolution that would put the airport on par with Texas’ largest international airports.

“We can be as big as DFW,” said Lyn Estabrook, Planning and Development manager for ABIA, referring to the airport’s ability to handle travelers.

It is certainly possible, and I encourage Delta with all my effort, to turn AUS into its TX hub, it most definitely has its sights set on the young, affluent demographic here, and the GAs tell me that AUS is up there with JAX and MKE as one of the outstations with the highest Medallion populations.
strickerj and ryw like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Bring back MCO-EYW.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by coolie1
ZRH- ATL and vice versa
DL does ATL-ZRH currently, albeit seasonally.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
DTW-ANC, as traveling from the Northeast to Alaska is kinda a pain right now, especially on the return.

Coming back from ANC to the East Coast, you always have that long second leg on ANC-SEA/MSP-XXX. It would be so nice to have an ANC-DTW option, so at least the second leg would be a short flight with more frequencies when having to make that connection.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
MLB-DCA or MLB to anywhere but ATL

I have recently moved south out of Orlando to eastern St. Cloud so I’m flying out of MLB often now. From my house, MCO is about a 35 min drive from my house with lots of traffic and MLB is only about 45 mins away with hardly no traffic. With the convenience of MLB, I try and fly out of MLB as much as possible however the flight schedules are atrocious. Only 4x daily to ATL on MD-88s and is being downgraded to all 717s in the Summer . Back in October when I first started flying out MLB, the AM MLB-ATL flight was on a A321 and the evening flight was on an A320. Every time I have flown in and out of MLB, the flights are almost always full with UG list that can linger into the 30s and 40s. With the large # of government contractor jobs down in the MLB area, I don’t think it would be unreasonable to add a few more flights to ATL or bring back the A321 which was full the couple times I flew on it.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
HOU-LNK

(hey, this is a “wish” list thread, so I can dream, right?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:04 pm

Bring back DTW-CAK!
njf1003 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.