Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by caliform
In leaked promo figured it showed Apple basically buys a plane's worth of premium seats a day on the SFO-HKG route. Unsurprising they're adding capacity.
That explains it. All the money must be made up front on that route. Coach fares are so cheap.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
In leaked promo figured it showed Apple basically buys a plane's worth of premium seats a day on the SFO-HKG route. Unsurprising they're adding capacity.
I wouldn't say leaked...they made a big sign and put it in a public area of the airport...stupid and possibly violating an NDA with any of those companies, but leaked, to me at least, implies someone either stole information or found it out somehow that the company tried to avoid...that sign was just dumb

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
That explains it. All the money must be made up front on that route. Coach fares are so cheap.
Even if they are only breaking even on the route, adding a second frequency on your top customers most popular routes seems like good business overall especially if Apple was pushing for it.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Not sure I'd ever be able to afford it, cash or miles, but ATL-CPT would be nice. I believe they "flew" this route for a bit in 08/09, but it was a direct flight and I think it required a plane change in DKR. Looks like the route was ATL-DKR-JNB and JKF-DKR-CPT.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
Not sure I'd ever be able to afford it, cash or miles, but ATL-CPT would be nice. I believe they "flew" this route for a bit in 08/09, but it was a direct flight and I think it required a plane change in DKR. Looks like the route was ATL-DKR-JNB and JKF-DKR-CPT.
There was no plane change in DKR. The same aircraft flew through (not like DL had a second flight to DKR from anywhere). It was just a stopover, both for refueling and loading/unload pax, I believe.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:58 pm

PDX-MSY (unserved)
PDX-CVG (unserved)
PDX-BOS (B6 is seasonal)

Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by daloosh
Yah, like anywhere to Hong Kong would be great. Oh well, I actually haven't flown Korean yet, so maybe I'll like it. I'm not holding my breath.
KE is a mixed bag: I flew KE HKG-ICN-LAX and it was far better than China Eastern. I really liked the J seat and service on the 777, but the A380 J seat is dated and you get economy style blankets and pillows and the F&B was just not my thing. Besides, you obviously can't use GUCs on KE metal so this thread is a great reminder of DELTA metal routes I wish we had.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:29 pm

LAX - ORD would be amazing. Shocking they don't.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by tanglin
A few times I have to take another carrier than Delta just because it makes no sense not to. There must be others like me, wishing that there was a route from their local airport to somewhere DL has presence.

For me it's SNA-SFO. I have had to do this many times and have to take usually UA or WN. I really dislike Southwest but sometimes there's no option. And all these flights are full.
ATL-BOM (Atlanta to Mumbai)
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Jbpdx
PDX-MSY (unserved)
PDX-CVG (unserved)
PDX-BOS (B6 is seasonal)
AS flies PDX-BOS.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
...I want to live the #spglife , not the Marriott one
But you now get a BONVOY.

I still just want them to put back the nonstop from South Florida (any airport) to DCA.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
KE is a mixed bag: I flew KE HKG-ICN-LAX and it was far better than China Eastern. I really liked the J seat and service on the 777, but the A380 J seat is dated and you get economy style blankets and pillows and the F&B was just not my thing. Besides, you obviously can't use GUCs on KE metal so this thread is a great reminder of DELTA metal routes I wish we had.
​​​​​​You can, after the JV went into effect. It requires a YBM fare though.

Using GUC on KE?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
This might not fit in this thread, but I would LOVE some later night frequencies on BOS/NYC-ATL. I hate that the last departure out of BOS for ATL is usually around 6pm and the last out of NYC is 8pm. I understand the arrival times in ATL would be late, but if they can do a midnight departure from ATL-MCO a 10pm JFK/BOS departure wouldn't kill. (yes I'm stucking overnighting at JFK again because of my poor planning and bad arrival time of a cheap international flight but gosh dang it).
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
This might not fit in this thread, but I would LOVE some later night frequencies on BOS/NYC-ATL. I hate that the last departure out of BOS for ATL is usually around 6pm and the last out of NYC is 8pm. I understand the arrival times in ATL would be late, but if they can do a midnight departure from ATL-MCO a 10pm JFK/BOS departure wouldn't kill. (yes I'm stucking overnighting at JFK again because of my poor planning and bad arrival time of a cheap international flight but gosh dang it).
The issue is that a later flight would miss the last bank of departures, meaning that the flight would have to be entirely O/D.

This is one of those times where outstations have an advantage over hubs simply due to how hubs work.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by WWads

The issue is that a later flight would miss the last bank of departures, meaning that the flight would have to be entirely O/D.

This is one of those times where outstations have an advantage over hubs simply due to how hubs work.

Yes, it's definitely frustrating. I appreciate the great ATL-West Coast connectivity (SNA, SJC, SMF, PDX, BUR, SAN, etc) - but the last non-redeye return flights are always so early. For example, the SJC flight is around 12:30 PM. I know they can't (for the reason you cited), but it would be amazing if this was pushed up a few hours - leaving at 3:00 PM, for example, and arriving at 11 PM. I realize with SJC you can just hop up to SFO For a 3 PM flight, but that's not true for SMF, PDX, SAN, and so on.
third_wave likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
EWR-CHC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.