Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL kicks off "Sky Way at LAX", $1.86b, 5 year modernization

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL kicks off "Sky Way at LAX", $1.86b, 5 year modernization

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
32 will probably be the first gate on the opposite side of the concourse.
That will probably be the case, I was moreso wondering what the system they had for the alphabetical half of the gates. Then again, T2 doesn't really appear to have a system either as 23A comes before 23B, but 25B and 26B come before 25A and 26A, respectively when walking in to the terminal.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:00 pm

New Sky Club

I guess people just wanted to get on their flight, because there wasn't a line or anything. I walked from the main terminal back to the entrance as they were cutting the ribbon, and I ended up probably being one of the first 10 members of the general public to go in. The pictures from take your choice of blog will probably be better than me trying to get the same pictures while navigating around everyone else who has their phones out, as well.

You can never go wrong with the Sky Deck. The outlets along the bar are installed, but the bench seating facing the planes still only has the cutouts for future outlets, so far. They were actually literally still ripping out the cushions from almost under us, as they made a last minute decision to take out the cylindrical pillows creating divisions along the outdoor bench. Other than that though, things are smooth sailing here.

Overall, I can't complain about the space, and things are finally starting to come together at LAX.
Statman, ShopAround and Adelphos like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:44 pm

Just a few more updates:

Aaron Paul just showed up to showcase his Dos Hombres Mezcal in collaboration with Bryan Cranston.

Also you can see an additional outdoor Sky Deck that will be a part of the dedicated Delta One Lounge space scheduled to open sometime by the end of the year.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by HeyItsMK
Just a few more updates:

Aaron Paul just showed up to showcase his Dos Hombres Mezcal in collaboration with Bryan Cranston.

Also you can see an additional outdoor Sky Deck that will be a part of the dedicated Delta One Lounge space scheduled to open sometime by the end of the year.
Nice. Has Delta even confirmed they are opening dedicated Delta One spaces or lounges? We've all seen leaked plans here or there but I don't recall them officially discussing this
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Nice. Has Delta even confirmed they are opening dedicated Delta One spaces or lounges? We've all seen leaked plans here or there but I don't recall them officially discussing this
They have confirmed an "exclusive reception area" for D1 checkin coming this Winter (and a team to "take care of your every need" ). I haven't seen official mention of dedicated lounge space, but I'd assume that's part of the plan too.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/airports...1A_BTN_2538031

Adelphos and strickerj like this.

Last edited by Mountain Explorer; Apr 20, 2022 at 3:34 pm Reason: Added link
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
At the beautiful new SC now. The entire experience is so much better than the old dingy T2.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I don't know what the reasoning is behind not speaking of it just yet, but the Delta admins who were there seemed open to at least pointing it out that they intend on having a space for Delta One pax. Maybe they're waiting on TSA to have an entire Delta One experience from when you get to the terminal with it's own check in area and a separate security checkpoint that sends you straight into the lounge, but that's just me speculating since both the Delta One signage from the departures level and the other Sky Deck are both along the entrance to T3, in addition to where the other security lanes are that still haven't opened.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:07 pm

Here is what I saw this am. I arrived around 6:30. Lines weren't too long. It seemed like things were moving along. At the end of the check in hall near T3 is a small sectioned off area for D1. They had a few check in desks and the usual refreshments. They are building another more permanent and private area that will be further down the hall toward T-3/TBIT. I used clear around 6:45 and it was very fast, as usual. After security you turn right and head along a long hallway that spans T2 and T3. Once T3 is open you'll be able to go left toward T3. As you walk toward T2, on the right is the entrance to the new SC. It was closed when I was there and I was told it wouldn't open until noon today. Normal opening hours are something like 4a or 5a (don't quote me on that). So I walked over to the T2 SC which was pretty empty. The smaller SC was closed and looks to be shuttered. It's a bit a walk to T2. I's say it's similar to the walk to the TBIT shuttle. My flight was actually headed out of gate 133 so I had to hightail it over to TBIT and didn't get to explore the check in area in more detail or the arrivals area at all.
NYC Flyer likes this.

Last edited by El Boocho; Apr 20, 2022 at 9:12 pm
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:17 pm

I don't know what the reasoning is behind not speaking of it just yet, but the Delta admins who were there seemed open to at least pointing it out that they intend on having a space for Delta One pax.
They told me there would be a new space, but it was still under construction and that it would be down closer to T3. IDK, maybe they want it closer to TBIT?

Last edited by El Boocho; Apr 22, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
[QUOTE=El Boocho;34183006]
I don't know what the reasoning is behind not speaking of it just yet, but the Delta admins who were there seemed open to at least pointing it out that they intend on having a space for Delta One pax./QUOTE]
They told me there would be a new space, but it was still under construction and that it would be down closer to T3. IDK, maybe they want it closer to TBIT?
I saw reports of a D1 lounge, but it appears it's just the dedicated check-in area and expedited security. Looking at DL sources, D1 passengers can access the SkyClubs in T2/3.
"Once through security, Delta One customers will enjoy complimentary access to the Delta Sky Club® locations on the Mezzanine levels of Terminals 2 and 3, where they’ll find healthy food options, a fully stocked bar, complimentary Wi-Fi and more."

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...e--at-lax.html
https://www.delta.com/us/en/airports...ub-airport-map
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Any pics of food and the interior of the new SkyClub?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by happychic
Any pics of food and the interior of the new SkyClub?
This blogger said no food yet because the employees are still being trained. There a ton of pictures in this post from him.

The Sky Deck looks amazing!

https://eyeoftheflyer.com/2022/04/19...y-club-review/
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...class-lounges/ For those wondering about a Delta One Lounge.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...class-lounges/ For those wondering about a Delta One Lounge.
Filtering out the clickbait and getting to the facts: A "premium lounge" is coming to JFK T4. Nothing is confirmed beyond that, everything else is speculation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.