Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL kicks off "Sky Way at LAX", $1.86b, 5 year modernization

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL kicks off "Sky Way at LAX", $1.86b, 5 year modernization

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
I'm 0 for 2 in getting to try the new SC as my flights keep departing TBIT. And they were both domestic (DCA and JFK). The problem is the airside bus still departs that T1.5 which is a trek from the new SC. I know eventually T3 and TBIT will be connected airside, but until then are there any plans to provide an airside bus from the new headhouse area to TBIT?
Is it still the general consensus that the new SC is not worth the hassle of the bus transfer for flights departing out of TBIT? I was excited to check out T2/T3, including the SC, but forgot that we'd be departing out of TBIT as an international flight.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by KE81
Is it still the general consensus that the new SC is not worth the hassle of the bus transfer for flights departing out of TBIT? I was excited to check out T2/T3, including the SC, but forgot that we'd be departing out of TBIT as an international flight.
How much time do you have for said endeavor and how many people are involved?

David
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
How much time do you have for said endeavor and how many people are involved?

David
Just my wife and me. She's usually game for these adventures.

We're on an 8:30am flight. We're staying at the Renaissance the night before and aren't flying in J, so we will definitely be waking up early to eat breakfast somewhere (whether at the hotel, the CL, or the SC).
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by KE81
Just my wife and me. She's usually game for these adventures.

We're on an 8:30am flight. We're staying at the Renaissance the night before and aren't flying in J, so we will definitely be waking up early to eat breakfast somewhere (whether at the hotel, the CL, or the SC).
Will you and she be hauling much luggage if you attempt this endeavor?

David
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Will you and she be hauling much luggage if you attempt this endeavor?

David
Sorry, meant to include that--we'll have our carry-on luggage with us, but nothing too crazy.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:20 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I like the new SC given it's spacious, visually appealling and some good food options given it's a SC. Depends on your time and what your alternative options in TBIT are.
I fly AF J frequently. My April trip, went to the new SC and was happy to avoid the KE lounge. The bus is easy and I like a good walk about prior to a flight, just leave enough time in case there's a bus delay.
A few weeks later, AF started using OW again, had a little less time and so just stayed there. AMEX was another option, I did stop to see the new temp club, was crowded, so grabbed the to-go box and went to OW.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:12 am

The bus transfer at LAX is not a huge hassle, it's kind of nice if you like tarmac views (you can pretend you're getting a porsche transfer, if you hold the camera right for selfies it's impossible to tell the difference).
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
The bus transfer at LAX is not a huge hassle, it's kind of nice if you like tarmac views (you can pretend you're getting a porsche transfer, if you hold the camera right for selfies it's impossible to tell the difference).
It's also not a long walk and you might want to stretch your legs before sitting on a plane. But then you'll have to go through security again of course.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:41 am

Thanks all! I think we'll try it.

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I like the new SC given it's spacious, visually appealing and some good food options given it's a SC..
It is a great SC, but this past Saturday afternoon it was like a school that had just let out for the summer. Just packed full, loud, furniture rearranged, and kids running (literally) everywhere.

Also if you have to wait for the three hour window to elapse, there is literally no where outside of the club to sit or wait.

I got tired of the carnival in the new club and went to the T2 club. It had much less in the way of food and soda options, but was quite serene in comparison.

David
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
T3 scheduled to open Oct 5th! 9 new gates will make a big difference!

https://news.delta.com/delta-leans-s...n-destinations
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:31 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I "drove" passed T3 a few days ago and looked like a lot was ready to go, and you could see through the windows the finishing touches....I texted my housemate (also a Delta hostage) that it looked soon to be opened! Glad I'll get to see it next week...
Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Anyone have experience wIth Delta One checking at LAX now? I am not checking a bag I think but may just want to check it out. Getting to airport tomorrow at around 11:45
Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:53 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Anyone have experience wIth Delta One checking at LAX now? I am not checking a bag I think but may just want to check it out. Getting to airport tomorrow at around 11:45
When I passed through recently they had deviled eggs, some shrimp, and a vegetable option that was being served. There were also some bagged chips, granola bars, and other snacks. They offered champagne, coffee, or tea in glasses and other drinks in bottles that would be too big to take through TSA. There was also a towel heater but none were proactively offered.

They intended to make the permanent space on the Arrivals Level and I was told that they are looking to have it ready around March or April.

When I got there around 11, there was only one person in front of me, but if it looks crowded and I didn't need to check bags I would probably go straight into the Sky Club.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Couple of observations as this is my first time originating at LAX with all of this done

1) Security area looked busy, but as typical during my usual flights, basically zero line at TSA pre-check. I chuckled as I walked past a 7 or 8 person CLEAR line directly to an open precheck TSA agent. I never had issues at T2 either, so I am glad T3 didn’t make check in worse, as I feared

2) 5 person line at SkyClub. Super crowded here, and one of the food selections is stir fried tofu. The special food station isn’t operating right now. I think this club is generally worse than the New York clubs when it comes to food and consistently of staffing. The SkyDeck view can’t be beat though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.