Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL kicks off "Sky Way at LAX", $1.86b, 5 year modernization

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL kicks off "Sky Way at LAX", $1.86b, 5 year modernization

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Mountain Explorer
Roughly labor day
That will be a huge blessing, though who knows we could be in the midst of another COVID wave by then.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dw
What about the rumored D1 lounge? Any word on whether it will be built in T3, or will they be repurposing one of the T2 lounges?
I haven't seen anything official. There's rumors about a dedicated D1 check-in area too. They might go into the headhouse in front of T3 (which won't open until the end of the year or so)
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I haven't seen anything official. There's rumors about a dedicated D1 check-in area too. They might go into the headhouse in front of T3 (which won't open until the end of the year or so)
there is already a dedicated D1 check in area - will that area of the airport no longer be in use when this opens?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
The most impressive part for me is the expansive TSA area. I guess having to deal with the built-for-pre-9/11 T2 security space for so many years, just an adequate screening area is a gigantic improvement.
Yes, it is! It is an improvement. Bigger space and new security checkpoints. Much better than the old checkpoints. They do have automated screening lanes and bodyscanner, as well. Either way if you are PreCheck or Clear. You can go through PreCheck.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by PupManS
Hopefully they turn one of those SCs back into a Virgin Clubhouse.
this seems incredibly unlikely

Right now if you want service in a DL to VS Connection you have to either exit security to go back to the ticket counter or wait by the gate until an agent shows

can you elaborate on this? I don't understand.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I went 57 years without ever hearing the term "headhouse" notwithstanding millions of travel miles in countless airports. Now, I can't un-hear it.
Me too! It was always the " main terminal " in my lexicon.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:30 pm

can you elaborate on this? I don't understand.[/QUOTE]
@WillBarrett_68:

I think the idea is that if you arrive into T2 on a Delta flight and depart T2 on a VS flight, and need to speak to a VS representative in connection with a service request for your VS ticket, you could go to the VS Clubhouse. Absent a Clubhouse you have to exit security to go see an agent at the counter or wait til the gate opens.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Night Flyer
can you elaborate on this? I don't understand.
@WillBarrett_68:

I think the idea is that if you arrive into T2 on a Delta flight and depart T2 on a VS flight, and need to speak to a VS representative in connection with a service request for your VS ticket, you could go to the VS Clubhouse. Absent a Clubhouse you have to exit security to go see an agent at the counter or wait til the gate opens.[/QUOTE]

DL agents can work on VS tickets.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: DL,US
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
@WillBarrett_68:

I think the idea is that if you arrive into T2 on a Delta flight and depart T2 on a VS flight, and need to speak to a VS representative in connection with a service request for your VS ticket, you could go to the VS Clubhouse. Absent a Clubhouse you have to exit security to go see an agent at the counter or wait til the gate opens.
DL agents can work on VS tickets.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to find a DL agent in a Skyclub that can process a day of departure upgrade, a seat change in premium or process a same-day schedule change if you are on Virgin marketed flight numbers.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Are we using T3 at LAX starting next week?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Are we using T3 at LAX starting next week?
No. T3 slated to open around labor day
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:00 pm

No. T3 slated to open around labor day
Do you know what this article is referring to as opening to the public on April 20?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Do you know what this article is referring to as opening to the public on April 20?
The headhouse (New check-in, TSA, baggage claim, skyclub)
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:06 pm

The headhouse (New check-in, TSA, baggage claim, skyclub)
So you should get dropped off at the new T3 entrance but still be assigned to use the current T2 gates, then?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

So you should get dropped off at the new T3 entrance but still be assigned to use the current T2 gates, then?
The headhouse is exactly in the middle between T2 and T3 and is the combined facility for both. In reality, there are no longer 2 terminals. As of next week, there will be 1 terminal with 2 concourses (one of which is still being built). Perhaps the names "terminal 2" and "terminal 3" will stick for legacy reasons, not sure.
matchbox20_is likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.